GMAT 710 - Shud i retake?

4 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
Hi All, Looking for guidance from all you people. i wrote the GMAT a few days ago and my scores are as below: Score : 710 Quant : 95% (Scaled score: 50) Verbal: 75% (Scaled score: 35) AWA : 6.0 Overall Percentile : 93% Male A...
Page 1 of 1

well I think it's a genuine dilemma you have when you have a score like that and you think you can do much better.

as a lot of people might have told you and you might know yourself that the GMAT score is just another of the parameters in an admission process. Although a higher score might not do any damage but the schools will know that you have written it twice and it might be a tad difficult to explain why you did that when you had a 710 the first time around.
my personal opinion is that with the kind of experience and academic background you have, it does not make sense to write the exam again even if you are hopeful of getting a 750+
just concentrate on your applications and I am sure you'll get through the school of your choice..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

:baaa:Dude, you know you are fishing for compliments.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi All,

Looking for guidance from all you people. i wrote the GMAT a few days ago and my scores are as below:

Score : 710
Quant : 95% (Scaled score: 50)
Verbal: 75% (Scaled score: 35)
AWA : 6.0
Overall Percentile : 93%
Male

I am applying for the B-Schools for 2009. I am looking for opinions to know the following:

1. whether the above score is sufficient to apply to good B-Schools or do i need to retake the test? Considering my score is not balanced
2. How much of importance is given to AWA score?
3. Which B-Schools suit my profile and would increase the probability of getting admission?

I wud like all of you to also consider my credentials as given below before giving ur opinion.

Acads - I have already done an MBA. My acads are excellent: Graduation and Post Graduation CGPA : 4.0. Have been a topper throughout and have received scholarships and awards.

Work Experience : I have 6 years of work experience, would be 7 yrs by the time i join a B-School next year. I have worked in manufacturing, management consulting and strategy. NO INTERNATIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE, though have traveled abroad for assignments thrice, but for brief periods. Won awards during my work experience for various projects and had a good history of promotion.

Extra Curricular: Decent - Learnt Dance, Case study competitons, music, cultural committee member etc.

No community service...

I am considering the following B-Schools as of now:

Wharton, MIT Sloan, NYU Stern, INSEAD, LBS, Cambridge & Oxford and 1or 2 other US Schools which i have not yet decided.

Rgds
Rock_78

Hi Rock_78,

your profile seems quite interesting...I think your GMAT score, combined with your vast experience, should be enough to get you into "under consideration" list in the B-schools you mentioned above. At this point your decision to retake the test depends on how much you can improve your score. If you feel you can get a 750 next time around, then go ahead. In my case, I am half as experienced as you are, and have a 670 first time around. I am going for a retest.

If I was in your place, I would rather focus on my essays, primarily the important questions "Why MBA" and "Why Now".

I hope I have made some sense 😉
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

Looking for guidance from all you people. i wrote the GMAT a few days ago and my scores are as below:

Score : 710
Quant : 95% (Scaled score: 50)
Verbal: 75% (Scaled score: 35)
AWA : 6.0
Overall Percentile : 93%
Male

I am applying for the B-Schools for 2009. I am looking for opinions to know the following:

1. whether the above score is sufficient to apply to good B-Schools or do i need to retake the test? Considering my score is not balanced
2. How much of importance is given to AWA score?
3. Which B-Schools suit my profile and would increase the probability of getting admission?

I wud like all of you to also consider my credentials as given below before giving ur opinion.

Acads - I have already done an MBA. My acads are excellent: Graduation and Post Graduation CGPA : 4.0. Have been a topper throughout and have received scholarships and awards.

Work Experience : I have 6 years of work experience, would be 7 yrs by the time i join a B-School next year. I have worked in manufacturing, management consulting and strategy. NO INTERNATIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE, though have traveled abroad for assignments thrice, but for brief periods. Won awards during my work experience for various projects and had a good history of promotion.

Extra Curricular: Decent - Learnt Dance, Case study competitons, music, cultural committee member etc.

No community service...

I am considering the following B-Schools as of now:

Wharton, MIT Sloan, NYU Stern, INSEAD, LBS, Cambridge & Oxford and 1or 2 other US Schools which i have not yet decided.

Rgds
Rock_78

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...