Gmat 710 Q48, V39

6 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
I have been a member of this forum for a long time. I haven't been too active. I was a CAT aspirant. But IIMs were just a distant dream for me. I somehow botched up in some section missed section cut-off ; ended up nowhere :: I thought of t...
Page 1 of 1
hey congrats for ur score...could u tell me how the scores are calculated?as in the scaled scores???i have heard dat there are differential scores for each question. could u kindly confirm and give an approx idea of the no of que one can afford to goof up to get a 700?

thanks in advance

I am sorry to say that I am not competent enough in this subject matter. 😞
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
I have been a member of this forum for a long time. I haven't been too active. I was a CAT aspirant. But IIMs were just a distant dream for me. I somehow botched up in some section missed section cut-off ; ended up nowhere

I thought of taking GMAT. PsychoD's GMAT FAQs help me get started. I took a GMATPREP with 0 prep and scored a 680. I scheduled my GMAT giving myself a 2 months prep. I prepped pretty decent for 3 weeks. Then my father fell sick, underwent surgery and that put my prep to back burner. I later started prepping for 2 weeks and took my GMAT. My prep was very sporadic and random. It wasn't too organized. I am not too organized myself.

I would have put 150 hours of prep in all. Definitely not more than that. I just gave 1 PR test and 4 GMAT PREPs. I NEVER did a Kaplan test. I had the CD with me all the time though!

I never did 1000 SC/ 1000 CR/ 100 RC, No GMAT sets. Well the only prep tools that I used most were OG and GMATPREP.

I would recommend Manhattan SC guide. It is a very good book, introduces the tricks of SC in a very clear and concise manner. Thanks again to Psychod for the Manhattan SC guide.

I know 710 is not a too great score. But I would be able to help you on what you could do to do get those Magical scores. Well if you have any questions feel free to ask me. I would reply. But yes getting a 700+ score is not too tough. Believe me. Good luck!

-Shyam-

hey congrats for ur score...could u tell me how the scores are calculated?as in the scaled scores???i have heard dat there are differential scores for each question. could u kindly confirm and give an approx idea of the no of que one can afford to goof up to get a 700?

thanks in advance

A 710 is a good score.
B ur prep is mind blowing.

Frankly my prep is on the back burner since 3 weeks ( Hellvua work schedule) as well and i like you i'd allowed 2 months of prep. The post is springing new hope

I have been a member of this forum for a long time. I haven't been too active. I was a CAT aspirant. But IIMs were just a distant dream for me. I somehow botched up in some section missed section cut-off ; ended up nowhere

I thought of taking GMAT. PsychoD's GMAT FAQs help me get started. I took a GMATPREP with 0 prep and scored a 680. I scheduled my GMAT giving myself a 2 months prep. I prepped pretty decent for 3 weeks. Then my father fell sick, underwent surgery and that put my prep to back burner. I later started prepping for 2 weeks and took my GMAT. My prep was very sporadic and random. It wasn't too organized. I am not too organized myself.

I would have put 150 hours of prep in all. Definitely not more than that. I just gave 1 PR test and 4 GMAT PREPs. I NEVER did a Kaplan test. I had the CD with me all the time though!

I never did 1000 SC/ 1000 CR/ 100 RC, No GMAT sets. Well the only prep tools that I used most were OG and GMATPREP.

I would recommend Manhattan SC guide. It is a very good book, introduces the tricks of SC in a very clear and concise manner. Thanks again to Psychod for the Manhattan SC guide.

I know 710 is not a too great score. But I would be able to help you on what you could do to do get those Magical scores. Well if you have any questions feel free to ask me. I would reply. But yes getting a 700+ score is not too tough. Believe me. Good luck!

-Shyam-

Hey,

I think U can help me . This is Santosh from Hyderabad. E-mail at santarocks@rediffmail.com . I have already taken the GMAT Prep classes thru Princeton. In the last test that i took I got a 620. I want to get to the 700+ mark. Is there a plan that u can provide me . Quant is my gray area. I am kind ok above avg in Verbal. I am planning to take the GMAT sometime between July 15-20th. Can you please help or e-mail me at my ID.

Thanks
Santosh Raj
Well if you have any questions feel free to ask me. I would reply. But yes getting a 700+ score is not too tough. Believe me. Good luck!
-Shyam-

Congrats dude , good score
Azeem

-Shyam-