Gmat 700 (q 50, V 35)

8 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
Took GMAT on monday.Scored 700 - Q 49 V 35. Im hoping its a good enuf score...not too sure abt the verbal score though..wud like to know if the verbal score is on the lower side??
Page 1 of 1
@fundoo1980: Thx for replying. Am applying to ISB and NUS. Havent thot abt any other schools as yet. Wat abt u??

As of now, I am planning for ISB only...
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
shashank_ Says
Took GMAT on monday.Scored 700 - Q 49 V 35. Im hoping its a good enuf score...not too sure abt the verbal score though..wud like to know if the verbal score is on the lower side??

Congrats shashank.
All the best with ur apps 😃

@amitnsitian: Thx a lot!

A li'l background abt myself.
Experience : 3 yrs in IT (I know, yet another techie!!)
Good acads and extracurriculars..nothing out of the world, but not the worst either ;-)

GMAT Prep: I prepared for a month and a half. Referred only OG 11. I knew that quant in GMAT wud be very easy, so did not spend much time on that. Practiced quite a few SC's and CR's. Also referred the 1000 SC's and CR's, but did not have the time to go thru the entire stuff. Did not even book the GMAT date until 2 days before I actually took the test. I took the GMATPrep tests(2) and 3 Kaplan tests in the last week. Scored 690 and 710 in the 2 GMATPrep tests. Found the Kaplan tests a li'l more difficult and cud manage scores in the range 570 - 610. Did not bother abt these scores cos I read somewhere on PG that these are good enuf for Kaplan tests and the actual GMAT will be much easier!

GMAT: Booked the date barely a day or two before the test date 😉 Wanted to get over with it as soon as possible. The AWA section was pretty simple. Completed both the writing sections well within the alloted time. Found the quant section also easy and completed it well ahead of time. Was worried if I was going wrong somewhere cos I found it easier than some of the practise tests. The verbal section was indeed difficult. Got 4 RC's and quite a few SC's. Also got one boldface type of question somewhere in between. I thot I did pretty well given teh difficulty level of verbal. Touch disappointed with 35 in verbal, but in the end I'll take a 700 anytime ;-))

congo for 700 all the best for apps

@fundoo1980: Thx for replying. Am applying to ISB and NUS. Havent thot abt any other schools as yet. Wat abt u??

Even I got the same score ... mine was a point lower in verbal.. v- 34 and q- 50 ...
as far as I know, it does not hv much impact...scaling the 7 thing is the most important .. GMAT is one part of selection criterian.. ur experience is the major aspect... so, dont worry, start with ur essays... ATB for apping!!
which schools are u targeting?