Gmat 650 awa 6.0

2 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hi Guys, I tried searching for a similar post, but could not find one so am starting a new thread. I require some advise and would be really grateful to get it from someone knowledgeable in this matter. I took my GMAT on 7th Nov and got ...
Page 1 of 1

Can you ple post your query over here:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/gmat-a...2009-10-a.html (GMAT Query Center 2009-10)
and ple refrain from opening new threads.
no body checks the thread for individual query and ques goes unanswered only.

Use search to find relevant threads:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/our-an...tml?ref=notice (How to Search on PaGaLGuY to find information you are looking for !)

mods ple close the thread.

Regards,
Neha

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi Guys,

I tried searching for a similar post, but could not find one so am starting a new thread. I require some advise and would be really grateful to get it from someone knowledgeable in this matter.

I took my GMAT on 7th Nov and got a score of 650 , my AWA score is 6.0.

I did not prepare for GMAT as I was preparing for CAT and as GMAT is easier than CAT , I just took one practice test the day before and got a decent 710 in it.

At the time of GMAT, writing the two essays really drained me (at least I scored good at this) and I believe this is why I couldn't score well in QA / VA.

Now , my question is does it make sense to take the GMAT again and target a score above 700. (I am not disillusioned , it is a fact that I can easily get a score above 700) But I may not get a perfect score of 6.0 in AWA this time, does AWA make much of a difference to the overall score?

I am primarily applying to ISB, Hyderabad in India (deadline over so wont make a difference here) and 5-6 B-Schools in US, couple in UK , one in Canada and thats it. Is it worth the time and effort to retake the GMAT or shall I continue with my existing score?

I have a total of 3 years of work ex, out of which 1 year I worked in my family business , after which I started my own firm so in effect 2 years of entrepreneurial experience.

Please advise guy what should I do? Any suggestions on B-schools will also be greatly appreciated..

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.