GITAM Institute of Foreign Trade [GIFT] 2006-08

11 Posts  ·  9 Users
About this group
Hi guys , With all the threads regarding this colleges dying I hv created this new thread for this institute for the students interested in this academic yr. Well I hv got a call from them and my GD PI is on 23rd April here only in Patna...
Page 1 of 2
hai ashishpatna
did u join this institute r not?
i am asking becausre i am planning to do so.

Have a look at the date of the previous posts, its 2 year old.

Kindly PM the concerned user, and avoid reviving old threads.
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hai ashishpatna
did u join this institute r not?
i am asking becausre i am planning to do so.

Guys I hv got final call from this colg but not sure whether i ll be joining it or not here is my mail that i received

29 April 2006

Dear student

I am extremely happy to inform you that you are selected for admission to the Masters Programme in International Business, 2006-2008. On my own behalf and on behalf of faculty, I congratulate you for gaining admission amidst tough competition.

The Masters Programme in International Business is a 6-trimester programme, and it makes a heavy demand of time for study on the student. In view of this, students are strongly advised to stay in the hostel on the campus.

In order to reserve your seat in the Programme, kindly ensure that we receive a non-refundable commitment fee of Rs.25,000/- on or before 10th May 2006. (Please note that this amount will form part of the total fee payable for the Programme)

You can send us by courier a bank draft for Rs.25,000/- drawn in favour of "GITAM Institute of Foreign Trade", payable at Visakhapatnam and advise us by e-mail or phone or you may fax a copy of DD (Fax # 0891-2790036).

Immediately upon receipt of the commitment fee, we will send you the registration package comprising instructions on the programme, hostel accommodation details and related matters.

With best wishes,

Sincerely Yours,

Prof V K Kumar
Director

Well I had my GD PI yesterday and I am putting my experience.

First of all the invigilator gave a presentation on the college from infra to placement to AICTE approval.

Then he divided the students into two group and I was in the first grp.
The topic of presentation and GD was "Indo US Nuke Deal" first of all we were given a plane paper to write of the sub in five min then individually there was presentation on it form each of the student and then it was open for discussion.

GD was pretty cool with occassionaly load noise or cross talk and it lasted 12 min and then it was the time for the PI.

I was the second one to have my PI here also those two invigilator were there one old man head of placement cell and other young man teacher of Finance.
om - Why u did BBM as well as BIT
- why there is slump in the reslt of ur std 12
- what does ur father do

ym - he asked questions related to project work which i did in 2 nd yr and final yr
- what is fifth p of marketing ( four i knew product , price, place , promotion -- fifth I geuss people )
- is pacakeging a part of product or promotion
- Express yourself is the puncline of which company ( i took a while to anser)
- what is ur fav ad ( surf excel child in dirt with bros and sis)

om - what is 2 to the power zero
- x to the pr o - y to the pr 0 =?

In the end asked what other calls u have and lastly while leaving i asked when will be the result our and said in 7 to 10 days.

Rankings my dear have been a farce. And even if they aren't, rank 34 is nothing to brag about.
You just can't compare IIFT to GIFT. There's a world off difference.
Even when you talk about foreign trade, SIIB comes after IIFT and even then it is a distant second. If I am wanting to get into international trade I would look at MBA(IB) courses of institutes like UBS Chandigarh before even contemplating GIFT.
Again, all this goes with due respect to GIFT.

Strong agreer to the above post. I did my engineering from GITAM (Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management) and the GIFT building was a stones throw away from mine. The ranking for GIFT could be that high only because of the infrastructure. The campus is really beautiful and idyllic.

But when it comes to course content, faculty and post-mba options for placements, its a big disappointment. When i was in the college, the bulk of the students in GIFT consisted of children of top businessmen in the city, and BBM students of GITAM college, who just move to the next block to do their post graduation :D. Please do not be misled by the rankings, even i was surprised when i saw this college being ranked so high!

Regards,
Sanjeev Garuda.

Rankings my dear have been a farce. And even if they aren't, rank 34 is nothing to brag about.
You just can't compare IIFT to GIFT. There's a world off difference.
Even when you talk about foreign trade, SIIB comes after IIFT and even then it is a distant second. If I am wanting to get into international trade I would look at MBA(IB) courses of institutes like UBS Chandigarh before even contemplating GIFT.
Again, all this goes with due respect to GIFT.

Gitam i have heard is good if you have considered bscool like iift for foreign trade. After iift and some other bscool in this category gitam stands decent and the ranking is also improving with time. Today only i read that its all india ranking is 34

Hi I am from Visakhapatnam and from the info I have, the placements in GITAM are not 100%. Since some IT companies visit GITAM for picking up engineering students, u can expect some placement offers for MBA along with them. They have copied the structure and syllabus of IIFT but the MBA course at GITAM does not have much value. As @ullu_ka_pattha has said, go only if u r desperate to do MBA this year and pray GOD that u will be placed in some decent company. ATB.

With due respect to GITAM, there's nothing much one can write about.
A friend of mine is in his second year there these days.. must be doing his summers somewhere,
From what I remember, ppl with very low scores were encouraged to apply and attend the GD/PI. Most, if not all, were given admits.
Placements - I have heard they have tough time.

It is backed by a nice educational society which is well reputed in Andhra Pradesh, this institute though still has some distance to cover.
I don't mean to offend the students (current/prospective) of GITAM. I have made an effort to present as clear a picture as I can as a neutral outside observer.
Remember in the end, it's you who carve your destiny and you can well slog it at GITAM and make big in the industry. That's definitely possible. If you are dying to do MBA this year and have no other calls, I would still suggest you look at top 30 CAT,XAT schools for next year.
If you just want an MBA, GITAM is decent enough.
Good luck all

Hi guys ,

With all the threads regarding this colleges dying I hv created this new thread for this institute for the students interested in this academic yr.

Well I hv got a call from them and my GD PI is on 23rd April here only in Patna.

All the guys interested in this colleges along with the seniors please pour in with information regarding colleges, placements etc.

How good is this institute and can we still apply