George Washington University Fall 2013

11 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
Hi, As I did not see any thread for GWU for the fall 2013 intake, I have started this thread for fellow applicants to discuss and share information. I have received an admit from GWU when I logged into its site to check the status, but no men...
Page 1 of 2

Hi Everyone,

In case anyone has accepted admission from GWU, there is a

Summer Send-Off meet-up in Mumbai today! (Saturday June 1) Meet the new students and fellow alumni. Venue: Mad Over Donuts (M.O.D.) Oberoi Mall Western Express Highway, Goregaon East Mumbai, Maharashtra 400063 India Time: 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

Apologize for posting this late.

To Register: The George Washington University

Also, feel free to connect with me if anyone has questions about the GMBA program at GWU.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hmmm... well u can defer d admit by a yr.. so in a yrs time u can strengthen ur profile and share ur achievements with uni nxt yr for more scholarship

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Adi_RedDevil Thanks for the scholarship tip .. guess GMAT is the only thing one has control on ...
Basically, defer for you means a shot at more scholarship .. right ?

No plans to defer as of now .. waiting for other results ..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Good profile. You hav e diverse exp and hence u can tlk a lot. Mine is somewhat similar to yours
GMAT - 650/6.0
TOFEL - 114
Wrk Ex - 3.4yrs (6 awards, 2 at India level, 5 client appreciation, devised process for the client tat saved abt 75% on resource spending, led team of 3 on 2 projects, wrked on independent and team modules). Telecomm domain certifications. Currently pursuing 2 business related
Extra curricular - Consultant to NGO (Increased their sponsors and improving their processes and brand.) AT university - Chairman of IEEE, Sponsorship head of national techical fest, Training and Placement Co-ordinator, won many prizes in technical competitions, CR. GPA: 3.9/4

Well, what I have heard from other fellow applicants and present students... scholarship depends a lot on ur GMAT score and yrs of wrk exp. Say a university has a 80% range GMAT score as 600-700.. a score of 710 will get you atleast 50% (wrst case) with a very simple profile or a wrk exp of 8-9yrs.

There is an option to defer the admit when you go to the enrollment link that they have provided to confirm your status on GWU. R u planning to defer?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How to defer admission ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
GMAT - 650
TOEFL - 113
Work ex - 2.75 years ( 2 awards on the job, 1 client appreciation (saved my client 1.2 million pounds per year), 3 certifications, two projects (development + IT Incident manager ))
Extracurriculars - 3 managing committees' member in college, JRD tata scholarship, 7-8 1st prizes, 2-3 second prizes, event coordinator for 2 national level events, taught in a school ( could tell stories on team-work and innovation here ) ... etc.
Bachelors - 68.7%, Distinction in B.E.
What's yours ? And do tell me how to earn a better scholarship !
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey that's nice, u got some options. I have Tulane (50% fellowship), Purdue and Schulich apart from GWU. I am more in line to defer my admits. I have been waitlisted by UIUC.
I have talked with few admissions director and they gave me few pointers to strengthen my profile for a better scholarship.
Btw what's ur profile?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Adi_RedDevil
It's a very neck-n-neck race mate .. George Washington Univ (20k scholarship) v/s Thunderbird (25k) .. both more or less same fees .. m confused .. SUNY Buffalo also calling ..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pittsburgh Katz results on Friday .. Virginia Tech n Naveen Jindal maybe in later ..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wat about you .. Schulich ? What are your other options ?
Regards
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@sonket from a fellow red devil: congrats!! Same here.. well that's what the mail said, 20k.
I am Man U fan since 1996!
So, what hav u decided?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Aditya,
I got a scholarship of 20k .. It came via an e-mail. No mention on the offer letter that came on the portal.

Me 2 a Red Devil .. since 1997 .. !

Regards

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...