GDPI Preparation in Hyderabad

8 Posts  ·  13 Users
About this group
Hello Puys, With the CAT coming to a close soon, I guess we should all now be shifting focus to the next phase of our dreams : GDPI preparation. I am new to Hyderabad and am looking forward to an exciting time preparing for the GDPI sess...
Page 1 of 1

Please continue here with your coaching classes related queries:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2010-2011-cat-coaching-classes-queries-25054329

Thread Closed.

Captain, PG Dream Team 2010 | CAT 11 - 100%ile | CET 10 - Rank 1 (211/240) | Co-founder Learningroots
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Can someone recommend the best GDPI training in Bangalore? Badly need to improve in this area. Some place that has good facilitators and a good batch size... :lookround:

Can someone recommend the best GDPI training in Bangalore? Badly need to improve in this area. Some place that has good facilitators and a good batch size...

ericKartman Says
The normal GDPI starts after CAT. But for the best GDPI experience, you need to gat calls from the top b-schools. their GDPI prep is completely different from the normal one's. I know this as I was part of both of these.

Hmm. Got you point. So would you advise to wait till the results are out? Wont it be a bit too late to start preps?
eric,

Do you mean that they start their courses only after the results are out? And they admit only people with calls?

Well, I doubt that since people expecting calls should be starting preps for GDPI around this time, the insti's must have also started admitting students for them. Please enlighten me if I'm wrong.

I am basing this assumption on the fact that I was a part of the full classroom course last year and they started the GDPI module almost as soon as CAT was done.

-KS

The normal GDPI starts after CAT. But for the best GDPI experience, you need to gat calls from the top b-schools. their GDPI prep is completely different from the normal one's. I know this as I was part of both of these.

eric,

Do you mean that they start their courses only after the results are out? And they admit only people with calls?

Well, I doubt that since people expecting calls should be starting preps for GDPI around this time, the insti's must have also started admitting students for them. Please enlighten me if I'm wrong.

I am basing this assumption on the fact that I was a part of the full classroom course last year and they started the GDPI module almost as soon as CAT was done.

-KS

Hello Puys,

With the CAT coming to a close soon, I guess we should all now be shifting focus to the next phase of our dreams : GDPI preparation.

I am new to Hyderabad and am looking forward to an exciting time preparing for the GDPI sessions here.

First of all, I wish to know if the institutes offer GDPI module as separate courses. If so, then which institute and which center would be the best one to join?

The following factors are the most important to me when i choose my center:

1) Diversity & Quality of Participants - How the GD session turns out largely depends on how we interact with other participants in it. Also, practicing with a group that is highly knowledgeable on versatile topics helps in improving our breadth and depth across the breadth of knowledge.

2) Quality of faculty - If a very knowledgeable and experienced facilitator is a part of our practice GDs, then (s)he can, in addition to pointing out our strengths and weaknesses, also give some factual knowledge. When it comes to PI's, experience is everything as far as the person on the other side of the desk goes.

3)Content - This depends on the institution. Which insti's content for GDPI is the best around?

Experienced Puys and veterans who are already living their dreams please guide me (and other puys) on picking the right centre in Hyderabad to join.

I am also open to forming weekend groups to carry this out on our own, provided we can act quickly and continue consistently.

If others have any suggestions that I may have missed out, please add to this thread.

@Mods : If this has already been started in another thread, please merge with the existing one.

Kishore,
I personally think TIME attracts more number of students in Hyderabad than any other coaching center. But to attend GDPI, you need to have calls from IIM's, XLRI, FMS, SPJain, MDI,IIFT,etc.. (The so called Top b-schools)

Hello Puys,

With the CAT coming to a close soon, I guess we should all now be shifting focus to the next phase of our dreams : GDPI preparation.

I am new to Hyderabad and am looking forward to an exciting time preparing for the GDPI sessions here.

First of all, I wish to know if the institutes offer GDPI module as separate courses. If so, then which institute and which center would be the best one to join?

The following factors are the most important to me when i choose my center:

1) Diversity & Quality of Participants - How the GD session turns out largely depends on how we interact with other participants in it. Also, practicing with a group that is highly knowledgeable on versatile topics helps in improving our breadth and depth across the breadth of knowledge.

2) Quality of faculty - If a very knowledgeable and experienced facilitator is a part of our practice GDs, then (s)he can, in addition to pointing out our strengths and weaknesses, also give some factual knowledge. When it comes to PI's, experience is everything as far as the person on the other side of the desk goes.

3)Content - This depends on the institution. Which insti's content for GDPI is the best around?

Experienced Puys and veterans who are already living their dreams please guide me (and other puys) on picking the right centre in Hyderabad to join.

I am also open to forming weekend groups to carry this out on our own, provided we can act quickly and continue consistently.

If others have any suggestions that I may have missed out, please add to this thread.

@Mods : If this has already been started in another thread, please merge with the existing one.