future of software professionals

20 Posts  ·  15 Users
About this group
hello friends i am a mca student and getting ready to passout in a month.I have been selected by IBM but now due to problerms in IT industry my doj has been put on hold till god knows when.i belong to a poor family and my family annual income is j...
Page 1 of 2

hello friends....myself abhik kumar patra...i just completed my btech in computer science.earlier i planned for cat 2010 and started preparation for that.but now since i have been placed in wipro and will be joining the company within a couple of months , just skipped that idea.but i will go for an mba after working 2-3 years.so can anyone suggest me whether i should go for a normal 2 year mba course or other courses such as distance mba or executive mba which the professionals undergo?:)

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Take it easy dude,
software indrustry 'll come up its original glory soon.... don leave hops but don rely too much on it.... it 'll b a clever move to start MBA practice as not only t softare industry but every existing industry is in pitstop right now... but u know what as t big MNCs r suffering t small cmpnys r doing quite well, so u can try for a job in other firms also but hey hey don ever u go for a bond contract wid any firm except ur IBM ofcourse... Just don waste time in waiting DO SOME THING:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
mcaguy Says
hisome news about IT companies 1) sapient has cancelled all 2008 recruits jobs2) infy and tcs have postponed joinings till feb 20093) ibm in which i was selected is now taking a aptitude test again for all selected studentsi have given the test lets see whether i willbe rejected or selected

hi...

1)sapient hasn't canceled the jobs...though i got a call saying my joining date will be april 2009...so thats as good as canceled

2)Infosys has given a call date of 23rd june 08 for my college...so that news is totally wrong...

hisome news about IT companies 1) sapient has cancelled all 2008 recruits jobs2) infy and tcs have postponed joinings till feb 20093) ibm in which i was selected is now taking a aptitude test again for all selected studentsi have given the test lets see whether i willbe rejected or selected

Buddy, if there is one thing i want to tell you, its this... Just bcuz you did your MCA does NOT mean you are good only for that.. Take my example.. Im a Marine Engineer.. After 1 yr i quit my job to focus on an MBA.. But i still needed to work and earn decent money right?? I had a big family to support too... Now where does a Marine Engineer go on land??

And while i was looking for jobs, i hit upon a new startup Advertising/Brand company.. Now, i know ZILCH about those things.. Still i went ahead, gave my resume, and told them no matter what im an engineer and can learn quick.. I convinced them, got the job as a creative writer and within 6 months was into an Biz analyst position getting a very neat pay.. And guess what i LUV my job too... :)

And now having 20 months work ex there, i have converted IITK and going there...

So u see, opportunities are opportunities ONLY if you can see them.. There are LAKHS and LAKHS of jobs waiting even in the worst recession time.. Its your choice to sit and wait for your kind of job or to go out and find something that suits you..

Trust me, if you have the LEARN attitude, you will not only survive, but also succeed...

And as for committing suicide, only losers do that and your family does not need a loser.. It needs a breadwinner.. And that u.. Remember that..

Heck, even a marketing job will fetch u a cool 15k to 20k.. Go out and find out.. And make the most of what u get.. Good Luck.. 😃

Hi McaGuy ! I might seem like the villain here because I am currently working in IBM.

But let me tell you, even though I have heard of 700 odd recruits getting sacked this year, the new batches joining hasn't stopped since. Even today, a freshers batch joined in my office. So, keep the faith. And a little bit of patience. The tide is turning. The rupee is back at 41+. The hiring will never stop. Although your date of joining has been postponed, you are bound to get the opportunity to join the company.

In the meanwhile, what I would suggest is take up a job in a small company. Drop your CV is certain places. And then, the computer training inst are always in search of trainers. Take up such a job which you can leave easily until you are given a fresh date of joining.

There is no end to problems, everyone has their own problems. But in the end, what matters in how you came out of the pit, and looked at the world again. Believe me, the world will look different then. Hope I made sense.

Regards.

hello

anybody on this forum who has any idea where we can find job in IT offcampus with immediate joining:frown:

Dude Nowadays IT industry is going down so there is less chances for a person to get joining immediately after interview in any MNC.
Some small scale companies can offer you joining date within 1 week.
I would like to say something regarding title of this thread " future of software professionals"
I would say future of software professional is quite bright. And if you are having workex in niche technologies than you would rule his world man. Don't worry about sacking only those employees are sacked who are not adding something to organization.
So Mr. mcaguy no need to worry about future of software industry there will be up & downs but it will never collapse. Regarding packages you can earn hefty packages staying in IT industry also without doing an mba. All you need to do is be a strong techie guy which industry is demanding the most.

hey,
is this thread for the date of joining of one person or the future of software professionals in general?if the former, buddy dats a problem you have to face...contact some frnz and ask dem to forward ur cv to them...or u can send me ur cv, jus pm me...
however if this thread is for the latter, well then we can have a loooong discussion...

hello

anybody on this forum who has any idea where we can find job in IT offcampus with immediate joining:frown:

Please search on relevant job sites.
mcaguy Says
hello friends i am a mca student and getting ready to passout in a month.I have been selected by IBM but now due to problerms in IT industry my doj has been put on hold till god knows when.i belong to a poor family and my family annual income is just 2 lacs or so.i have already spent almost 5 lacs in doing bca+mca and 6 years of my life.but now it seems i am still withouit a job and loosing hope and strenght rapidly with all bad news relatewd to software sector.i am already 24 now and dont know what 2 do. god knows when will i get doj or will i even get it . someone please tell me should i wait for the doj or try for MBA now ?is there any scope in software industry in long term ? i Heard people with 2-3 workex r also being sacked ..friends help me i am feeling totally down and out , my hope of buying something for my parents and settling down r totally dashed .

Hi mcaguy

Don't worry and calm down first ! Death is not the solution for every kind of problem ! In fact there are so many people around us who have faced situations which are even bad/worse! Should they die? No. Period. If every one who has a problem will commit a suicide, then I would bet that there wouldn't be any human being alive ! Never loose hope . there are lots and lots of opportunities in this big world and explore as much as you can ! There is no point brooding over the problem. Be brave and search for ways to solve it my dear friend 😃 I am private messaging you my e-mail ID. Forward your resume to me! I will forward the same to my friends and we shall take it from there. All the best and never loose hope