FT - Global MBA Rankings - 2007

76 Posts  ·  25 Users
About this group
Hi Guys, FT has come up with its latest global MBA rankings for 2007. The link is: FT.com / Business education Waiting for everyone of you to pour in your comments on this. :: rahul
Page 1 of 8

I wrote a article on my blog on FT ranking in Asia perspective.
Check it out ! You may find it interesting if you are interested in Asian B school.

Plain Speak - Shoot Square: New FT Rankings

regards.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Something from bw insider that may help you -
RANK SCHOOL LOCATION 2004 RANK CORP. POLL GRAD. POLL INT. CAP. PRE MBA POST MBA DESCRIPTION GLOBALSCOPE GENERALMGMT.

4 IMD Switzerland 2 8 1 10 75 120 Grads say the brief, 11-month program is great for developing culture, but too short for those weak in business skills. B B
5 LBS London 5 11 3 1 60 110 London locale paired with strong alumni network creates ideal climate for job seekers; top American-style MBA in Europe. A A+
6 INSEAD France 3 12 4 3 66 101 Students love the diverse class makeup, but warn that the intense program is not for the faint of heart. A+ A+
7 ESADE Barcelona 4 7 7 14 40 70 Quality classmates and Spanish lessons promote cultural fluency, but weak career services leave a bitter aftertaste. A+ A
8 IESE Barcelona 7 13 5 9 50 95 Students are immersed in Barcelona culture and develop invaluable networks with close student body and faculty. A+ A+

Bacardi may be the right person for further queries

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys...

Can any one throw light on the European schools in the rankings...

It seems that INSEAD, IE, LBS and IMD are among the top institutes and have quite evolved in terms of rankings....

Other schools like HEC, RSM, Oxford and Cambridge are still struggling to reach to the top.

Your inputs please as to which is better among the best?

Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
NegativeCreep Says
But really, do we even need rankings to identify what the biggest brands are? Do you need a F1 drivers' ranking to tell you that Mika Hakkinen was the best there was? :-P. See, I have an agenda too.

Creep,

i dunno about the b school rankings ... but i have to agree with you that Mika was the best. 😃 😃 😃 :)

manu
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Iday ...

if you look closely ... i think there are 5 schools just around the spencers area on anna salai. So 1000 would be a good estimate :))

Following the rank list, I read a few articles in FT and one of them said "India has more B schools that US does" 😃 Can anyone digest the fact that India has almost 1000 B Schools?!?! I dont even know more than 20 schools i guess :D
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey, I am wondering why the audit years for all the participants of the FT ranking are not the same. That makes the ranking not in the same start line.
Somebody can explain this?

Dont pay too much attention to FT. Moreover, when you see a ranking always look at the methodology. If you want to go to IB/ Finance jobs then do you think you will pick University of Rochester over H/S or NYU over Wharton?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
FT.com / Global MBA 2007 - Top 10s in selected categories

Rotman is 7th

Hey, I am wondering why the audit years for all the participants of the FT ranking are not the same. That makes the ranking not in the same start line.
Somebody can explain this?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
FT.com / Global MBA 2007 - Top 10s in selected categories

Rotman is 7th

Can somone provide the link for FT rankings specifically for Finance majors??

I was reading an article from rotman's dean saying Rotman is ranked 7th in the world by FT in Finance.
Can't seem to find that ranking though?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
for the sake of discussion lets say kgkid attends harvard and gets a sweet internship. Fast fwd this a few years and, for a moment, assume that HBS somehow ends up losing its premier status and is at a lowly 20th while Yale tops the ranking.

Now if kgkid were to apply for a job in say 2015 do you thnk HBS's rank at that time will affect him adversely or will he be able to counter that with his work-ex?

If he is able to counter the situation with his work-ex then does it really matter that he went to class of 08 HBS? He could as well have gone to tuck, chicago, columbia, etc(as long its a reasonably ranked school) and still be similarly successful.

If the HBS's current rank does affect his prospects then may be he has not really benefitted from going to HBS at all, he would've been better off if he had gone to gone to tuck, chicago, columbia, etc.

Do you see where i am getting at? What do you think?

My take is that schools like H/S/W are not only ranked highly they have held their ranks over the years. So while these schools do deserve kudos for what they are doing, it doesn't mean much to students once they are out of their doors. If you were a 'fit' and enjoyed your stay there, chances are you've learnt a lot more than it would've been possible if you were struggling to get along all the time. So as long as you make sure that you are a fit at your school and it places you in your dream niche, then its all down you. Rankings be damned.

@kgkid : sorry, i used you as an example. This was purely for the purpose of discussion.

No problem. But it was nice to be associated with HBS. I will reply to you in my next post. Right now at work 😉
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Ahem !! No IIM in the top 100 !!!:shocked::shocked:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...