Frustrated and I need some inspiration/advice

867 Posts  ·  389 Users
About this group

Hi Puys.I have written everything this season.IIFT,CAT,JMET,SNAP,XAT,FMS.I thought i did well in SNAP but got only 88.5.I thought i would get a call from SIIB and SIBM-B.But it did'nt happen.This Feb,I will be completing 36 months in Accenture.I a...

Page 1 of 87

We at PrepKare are extremely gratified in welcoming you all for this erudite session on IIFT Admission process followed by an open Q&A session for all budding aspirants.

While you are waiting , someone else is initiating. 

So hurry up and register for this free and informative session.

Registration Link: https://forms.gle/nEkTBZ9fPnLvuyuK9

Post 104240644560064
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I also went through a similar phase. Then I found an amazing mentor who not only guided me for prep. but also helped me to understand my weak areas in my personality and how to improve them. He helped me develop strong mind and inculcate empathy as a human being.

If you wish, you may like to connect thorugh below mentioned links-

https://www.parthapd.com/break-a-space/

https://www.mbabreakspace.com/testimonials

Contact no:  +91-9831939136 (Dhruv, Exec. Asst.)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi
i left my job without intimating them...didnt get even experience certificate from them..so it is hard to get in back.......we are not divorced but it will happen in near future.....he left me because of his mother...my parents accepted me but i want them not to suffer for me...like to do job..but dnt know what to do..what course to do or..studying mba will be around 4 lakhs or even more than that....
there is a gap of 3 years from my graduation and im 2009 passed out

As per the little experience i have, i would still recommend you to go for the interviews and you can tell them you don't have the exp. certificate due to some reason. What matters most is the experience, if know have done it it will show you know it.

Don't take too much stress right now, its okay to settle down in few days/weeks and then get back to work.

You can even get educational loan for completing your mba. You can re-pay after completing mba and getting a job.

Hope this helps.
HR Professional, MBA - HR (2012), SBT CheerLeader 2011, PG Queen 2012 :blush:
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi friends,
im so much worried what to do next..i left my job at dell because of marriage..but now that guy left me after 2 years ....im in dilemma ..wrote tancet to do mba and got 32 bc communty...waiting for counselling..but i hope my parents wont support me financially since it is a love marriage....some are telling me to do java to get a job..im ece student with76 percentage..
dont knoe what path to choose to get job....im so stressed..please guide me.

dont be stressed
rather you need to plan well.... I am just 22 n my advice may not be from a mature person
but from experience you should 1. try to get ur old contacts from dell/college/relatives u might get job back
2.go for placement agency
apply on job portals
3.at such stage preperation for mba would be tough bcoz of stress u r taking
4.also u can go 4 teaching job or tution if u hav contacts
financial stability is must n can be achieved with proper planning n exploring alterntaives
IIMC Jokar 2014-16 http://pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/all-wanted-speak-about-cat-t-2933/p-19826459/
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi friends,
im so much worried what to do next..i left my job at dell because of marriage..but now that guy left me after 2 years ....im in dilemma ..wrote tancet to do mba and got 32 bc communty...waiting for counselling..but i hope my parents wont support me financially since it is a love marriage....some are telling me to do java to get a job..im ece student with76 percentage..
dont knoe what path to choose to get job....im so stressed..please guide me.

Hi,

Please inform your parents about the current situation and let them decide if they would support you financially or not. I feel if not financially they would support you mentally which would be enough for you to clear the interview or to get the job.

I know it is going to be tough for you, but you have to take a step forward and make the most out of the opportunity you have in hand.

There are lots of jobs available, since you have 2 years of work ex, getting a job again won't be much of a problem, but before that you should be stable mentally.

P.S. if anyone wants to add something, please feel free.

edit: Ask your husband for alimony and approach the court. You are an educated girl and left the job because you turned into a homemaker, hence you are entitled for alimony till the time you find a job. (suggested by Neo2000 and hirakms)

Don't just let your husband live in peace, make his life hell
HR Professional, MBA - HR (2012), SBT CheerLeader 2011, PG Queen 2012 :blush:
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

v both r in the same boat,with little diff.When you understand, that you r capable of doing more than what ur acads shows,then it's good change in u.since we had done some injustice to our career in the past,v will have to go through few tough phases.(MBA)It's a gr8 opportunity to flush the bad dreams n it's in ur hands now.Listen, what the brain says n dnt give any space for emotions.

User:cricaddict has explained it perfectly.In addition,find a job,it wil b helpful.

When it comes to the panel,address whatevr weakness that u felt in ur profile rather than let it hang and not confront them.And emphazise ur learnings from them and how u worked to overcum those situations.

U still have time to achieve,prepare well for Gd/Pi,it may help u to still get into top b-schools like xlri,etc.,Sincerity in your eyes,face,expressions during the Pi is vry important.

Post ur success story one day........ :)
All the best

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I have been going through various threads helping students in gdpi preparations for finding answers to my queries but i didnt get so here i am asking-
What reason should i give in interview about my pathetic academic scores..
10th-95(Merit)
12th-53%
Graduation-51%(With below 50 in final and 3rd year)
CAT-89.83%ile
took a year drop after my engineering to gain composure and start living normally. I was suffering from depression after 10th std.. don't know the reason was diagnosed in 1st year when my mom forcefully y friend
i have matured a lot..and become very strong emotionally..i know i am waay better than what my acads show.. and yes i regret what i ahve done terribly i should have studied no matter what but still...i was not able to.. i was too lost that time...please help me..what should i do..

Sorry for long post

Buddy lemme tell you one thing you have seen in life which many people would not have.. Failure makes one's life 10 times better when one is able to come out of it.. Its fantastic you have come up strong and have the fire and will to become better... your Xth marks you were a really good student.. Due to things which were not in your hands you didnt do well after that.. And unfortunately most IIM's look at past acads and that too objectively.. But there are institute's like XLRI,FMS,MDI where your acads don't play a major role.. If you defend your low score after getting call they would happily give you the admit... Also New IIM's don' give very high weightage to acads for giving a call.. So ATB buddy... Am sure your will to succeed will help you achieve what you want.... And you always have PG.. This is not just a website, its far more than that... Its a place where getting into Top B-Schools just becomes a lot easier coz of infinite information one can accessed on this website... Am sure many would admit their IIM dreams wont have been realised without PG.. Even for me PG was absolutely god sent!!!

PaGaLGuY = IIM
(Infinite Information of Management)

And Management not only includes Management Education it includes managing challenges and hardships in life!!

Wishing you again with hope of seeing a B-School Tag under you name very shortly@
SPJIMR PGDM Finance Class of 2014 | CAT'11 - 99.04%le | http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/life-at-b-schools/bschool-student-profiles-t-1090/p-15377/r-3591991
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I have been going through various threads helping students in gdpi preparations for finding answers to my queries but i didnt get so here i am asking-
What reason should i give in interview about my pathetic academic scores..
10th-95(Merit)
12th-53%
Graduation-51%(With below 50 in final and 3rd year)
CAT-89.83%ile
took a year drop after my engineering to gain composure and start living normally. I was suffering from depression after 10th std.. don't know the reason was diagnosed in 1st year when my mom forcefully took me to a psychiatrist....i was under treatment for 1 year..after that refused to take doctors treatment and medicines...as it was not at helping and was damn expensive..and by that time i knew the reason of depression was violence at my home because of my elder brother(I am ashamed of talking about such personal things in public but i have to because i really want to change my life by getting into a good MBA college). My parents are very supportive but my brother totally ruined our life...i went into depression after things went just to out of control...didnt go to class...my back log increased...fear got scared of back log...when went to class i was so behind from everyone and also so many problems at home(in between i proposed to girl whom i loved thinking that should would be great support to me but she rejected which further ruined my condition)....my friends got away from me....i was alone...somehow i got admission in some engineering college after 12th...there too i got involved in bike accident and fractured my ankle and right wrist terribly...was not able to write for almost 1 year or so..i have recovered somehow a little bit really scared as to what reason i should mention in pi regarding such pathetic acads...i dont want to pity myself ...i have matured a lot..and become very strong emotionally..i know i am waay better than what my acads show.. and yes i regret what i ahve done terribly i should have studied no matter what but still...i was not able to.. i was too lost that time...please help me..what should i do..

Sorry for long post

Increasingly, B Schools are trying to differentiate themselves and hence using very different selection criteria. Some of the new IIMs, XLRI, GIM etc don't put much weight on acads for GDPI calls.
I have seen people getting thru despite not-so-good acads, the secret of their success is terrific performance in GD as well as PI which created a lasting impression in the minds of interviewer.

If you want to do an MBA, then leave your past aside and put your heart into CAT/XAT preparation. Stay up to date with current affairs and hone your communication skills. There are so many decent institutes, so you should be able to get through some of them.

The most important thing is to assure yourself that you can succeed despite your past performance and fully concentrate on preparing for your future ambitions.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

If u want some....Go get some!!!!!
ALL THE BEST!!

Kaaliya: "Hum Jahaan Khade Hote Hain, Line Wahin Se Shuru Hoti Hai"

Nice.

Adiyogi
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@loserliving,
you have really fought back well.................

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...