FRM or CFA?

2 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hi, I am doing my masters in Economics at IGIDR, Mumbai. I want to shift to finance and therefore am considering taking up a professional course. Looking at my placements in Dec. 2010, could you guys tell me which should I take up- FRM or CFA...
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I am doing my masters in Economics at IGIDR, Mumbai. I want to shift to finance and therefore am considering taking up a professional course. Looking at my placements in Dec. 2010, could you guys tell me which should I take up- FRM or CFA? The 1st deadline for the CFA exam in Dec is on the March 17th. So need to decide fast.

it depends on the field you want to get into..if you want to get into risk analysis roles..in bond rating roles..go for FRM...
if you want to get into equity research..derivatives types roles..go for CFA.
go through the courses once more (i'm assuming you already have twice or thrice) to understand what kind of jobs you can get into after doing them respectively..
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi,

I am doing my masters in Economics at IGIDR, Mumbai. I want to shift to finance and therefore am considering taking up a professional course. Looking at my placements in Dec. 2010, could you guys tell me which should I take up- FRM or CFA? The 1st deadline for the CFA exam in Dec is on the March 17th. So need to decide fast.

Thanks 😃

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.