Frederick Forsyth Fans....Join in

27 Posts  ·  18 Users
About this group
hello guys That book ... i have read 20 times and yet ....yet it never ceases to thrill. Ici Chacal ... and Lebel what great characters and a great great story. The best of Forsyth what say ? pushkar
Page 1 of 3

This is sort of hard to believe that a FF thread exists and I see only 6 months of its existence have lapsed.

Anyway the FF book I have read the most number of times is the Fourth Protocol. I know the plot and all are excellent but something which often gets understated is the humour which is inherent in the sarcasm displayed by some of the characters. For example the American official in Fourth protocol who gives an acronomyn for the British beaurcrat who want one as Supreme Head of Intelligence Targeting(SH*T)
IT has been been quite some time (more than two years) since I have read a Freddie Forsyth novel but now I feel like having a go at the books again.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

gr8 to c a forsyth thread .............

undoubtedly his best buk was "day of the jackal" awesum .......... the frst FF i read tho was "Fist of God" nd yeah ts one helluva way to start off.........

BTW ......... i recently read that FF was a pilot in the RAF ......... wow!!!!!!

Well I got a book "the deciever"..Sam Maccredy? Not quite following it..what exaclty is the plot?!

one of my favorite characters is Cat Shannon from The Dogs of War... the plot may have been unrealistic... but the scale could only have been thought of by Forsyth..

gud 2 see athread of the greatest thriller writer of alltime . i actually read only one book odessa file . it was simply superb . the way he describes abt nazi conc camps was awesome. that when i realised i shud more of this guy and so i picked day of the jackal i have started it but already i feel that this could be my best ever buk . it was amazin i just read some 100 pages cant stop waiting what happens next looks like a gr8 read.

Hi Guys,

Good to see all Forsyth Fans here , though me not one yet. Me just recently decided to start reading Fredrick Forsyth. And First book I have picked up for reading is "The Negotiator". Have gone through around 80 pages ot this book but somehow don't find the story or the writing style compelling enough :(. So at the moment don't feel like continuing to read this book. Is this book one of his "not-so-good" books and if so can anyone out here tell me which one of FF's novel's would be the best one to start (Or Re-Start ) with.

Thanks

Wayne

so what happened to the negotiator odyssey, wayne ??

cant believe that i missed this thread..and my favourite forsyth book is undoubtedly "the negotiator". incidently, the first forsyth that i ever read. some schmuck took it as a loan from me and then disappeared to the bowels of the earth. damn fine book gone waste

only got the ebook version recently. happy now 😃 😃

by the way...the most over-rated forsyth that i found was "the day of the jackal". dunno why everybody recommends it as the best forsyth. the "fist of god" is far better.

"the phantom of manhattan", is really an un-forsyth type book. the setting and pace is not what forsyth is accustomed to and it shows in the book. not an excellent read ..but okish-type.

the short stories part- "the veteran" was a nice one. the last story about the wild-west was a refreshing change..an action-history-love story.

hey Wayne

Dont forget The Day of the Jackal either. Too classy.

cheers
Pushkar

Hey there Govar & Puskkar,

Thanks for the tips guys, If as you'll say the pace takes time to pick up I think I'll continue reading the negotiator for the moment :)..Hope the pace picks up soon . And Govar the my next FF book will definetly be Fist of God..That Opening line has set me thinking already

Wayne

So far we are talking about the great books of Forsyth.
There is just one FF that i hated ... totally boring ...never caught up the pace ever
DOUBLE DEAL.

read that just to be in disbelief that FF could do that one

push

Hey Wayne

The thing bout FF books is that to enjoy them u have to labour a bit.

Even The Day of The Jackal catches up after some 40 odd pages.

Negotiator is good but it will take time to develop. Quinn is really classy in FF hero mode.

read on and persevere

cheers
Pushkar