Foreign MBA aspirants! Ask a Booth & IIT alum!

32 Posts  ·  19 Users
About this group
Over years I have received a number of requests for help with MBA applications - some more promising than others. I loved the game - sharing gyan! So thought, would start a thread on this forum! Through this thread I will answer questions on US MB...
Page 1 of 4

Hey,

Academics in 10th and 12th are nothing extraordinary.

Overal 74% in Engineering, Thats 4th in my class. RV College of Engineering, Bangalore
Branch - Industrial Engineering..

18 months experience at Futures First - Equity Derivatives trader.

Currently working with Dad at family business for the last 6 months - Pharmaceutical Industry.

Looking at MBA to improve professionally and improve managerial skills, Marketing skills and entrepreneurial skills

Gmat - 720 M-50, V- 38

I have already started application to colleges in the top 10 but still wanted your opinion on my chances.

I am currently having a lot of doubts with the essays.. Not sure how to approach them. How professional should the essays be?
Even if I am writing about a personal incident, should the essay sound professional? Like if I am referring to a bike trip I took to explain some lesson I learnt, should that essay also be professional or can it be more like a story?

Have a lot more doubts but this post is already long enough
Would be great if you could clear my doubts

Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

*post deleted*

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Azazel_666 Says
I see that school is in session! I tried to do this once but soon ran out of patience swatting 10th grade scores. Good luck

Well, I am it my friend. Squatting senior secondary scores of 90%! 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I see that school is in session! I tried to do this once but soon ran out of patience swatting 10th grade scores. Good luck

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

For those looking for any sign of how the recruiting season for 2011 might be the good results of IBM due to higher technology spending by firms is good news. Technology, once in place, doesn't typically remain the priority spending area for a firm. Therefore, an uptick in it spells good news.

BBC News - Corporate demand for technology fuels IBM profit

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,
I am a final year computer science engineer with good acads
Xth & XII 90%
College 86%
I have also got an IIM b call in CAY 09, but am not that optimistic.
From a few frnds, i heard abt Ms in eng mgmt from good college in US like brown, duke, nortwestern etc.
Can u tell me the scope for this course( i being a fresher and it is a one yr course).
Thank u in advance

The answer to your question about engineering management is that you do not qualify - at least at Northwestern.

Admission MEM Northwestern University
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,
I am a final year computer science engineer with good acads
Xth & XII 90%
College 86%
I have also got an IIM b call in CAY 09, but am not that optimistic.
From a few frnds, i heard abt Ms in eng mgmt from good college in US like brown, duke, nortwestern etc.
Can u tell me the scope for this course( i being a fresher and it is a one yr course).
Thank u in advance

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi virgil speak,

I have gone thru ur posts...gr8 work..KUDOS...

Iam a software engineer workiing with Infosys for over 2yrs now, decent acads..hav worked fr an NGO fr 2yrs durin my stay in hydbd...and also workd fr my own magazn publication fr around a yr b4 joinin Infosys...

As my previous xperience has bin mostly IT..i intend to stick with it and go frwrd...in a more consulting or business devlpmnt kinda role..since evn in my current role i ws involved in alotta client interaction/sales/presentation wrk wit prospective clients frm Europe/Middle East....

Currently i have an admit frm RSM NEthrlands for the batch startng Jan2011, i was jus curios abt the current market scenario in Europe and how much of a market dos it hav fr IT professionals post MBA...
it wud b gr8 help if u culd jus discuss the thins i shud build durin the next 6-7 months and in genrl about how i shud move frwd in terms f makin the most outt f my MBA journey...thnx in advance..

I am really sorry, but I gave up after reading a few lines. You assume that I am conversant with your short hand. Can you please look at my posts - it will give you an idea of how much of a stickler of proper punctuation and grammar I am. I can't read stuff without that. I am sorry.

Once you have re-framed your question, I will be happy to answer it.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi virgil speak,

I have gone thru ur posts...gr8 work..KUDOS...

Iam a software engineer workiing with Infosys for over 2yrs now, decent acads..hav worked fr an NGO fr 2yrs durin my stay in hydbd...and also workd fr my own magazn publication fr around a yr b4 joinin Infosys...

As my previous xperience has bin mostly IT..i intend to stick with it and go frwrd...in a more consulting or business devlpmnt kinda role..since evn in my current role i ws involved in alotta client interaction/sales/presentation wrk wit prospective clients frm Europe/Middle East....

Currently i have an admit frm RSM NEthrlands for the batch startng Jan2011, i was jus curios abt the current market scenario in Europe and how much of a market dos it hav fr IT professionals post MBA...
it wud b gr8 help if u culd jus discuss the thins i shud build durin the next 6-7 months and in genrl about how i shud move frwd in terms f makin the most outt f my MBA journey...thnx in advance..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi virgil-speak,
clones are not allowed on PG so your other user name EkdumDhakkan has been banned permanently.
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/52565-foreign-mba-aspirants-ask-booth-2.html#post2029461
please carry on your good work 😃

www.raghavabbhi.com | My take on CAT: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-i-wanted-to-speak-about-cat-25002933/6315307
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...