For Those who are striving for Business Analyst Profile

6 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
Hi Friends, The world is ready to forget the bad memories of the worst economic meltdown and the wave of new development activities has started to flow. This new wave is gonna offer stupendous job opportunities to the skilled professiona...
Page 1 of 1

hi

i want to be a business analyst. I am going to complete my MBA by March 2011.

Right now I am doing a majors in finance. From what I have come to know, business analysts have become very important to an organisation, even during the recessions. Also they are required in all kinds of sectors.
But the most number of jobs for them are available with IT companies. So I am trying to tailor make my resume accordingly to fulfill the job specification criterion.

After consulting the senior level managers of a few companies I have come to know that they require MBA graduates with an IT background and finance as their main domain. I do not have a work experience and my B school does not offer IT subjects.

So I am trying to find certifications, projects, whatever it takes to fulfill the former criteria.

I have read that OBIEE(oracle business intelligence enterprise) 11g is going to be released on 27 July. I was wondering if it is a widely used tool so that doing its certification will give me an edge. Also what if an MCITP(microsoft certification ) is available for business intelligence. Because now a days business project management and business intelligence go hand in hand.also will doing an ERP certification help me in the right direction?

i am confused and require the correct guidance.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Business Analyst is a position whose name/meaning is being exploited lately by financial institutions to get more mundane work done.

I have been working since the past one year at the world's current top I Bank location and can tell you that the quality of people and the job profile given to BAs is not what you would expect.

1) BSc/BCom degree candidates with 6-7 years of experience are hired as BAs
2) Work involves providing developers with low level requirements to code. This can be as low level as updates required to database tables, files to move in directories etc.
3) Pay packages is comparable to coders.
4) The position of BAs is used to lure people for software testing roles.

I'm not saying that becoming a BA is a bad career option. In fact, I myself intend to move in that direction. But you should research the role you are stepping into well before being swayed away by such swanky sounding designations. There are many banks which provide excellent analyst opportunities for both technology as well as finance related roles. Such offers are hard to find and harder to convert, but they're the diamonds in the coalmine.

Which companies offer Business Analysis services????

My aim of writing this article here to increase awareness among professionals about quality jobs and BA is one of them......

what is the aim of your writing this post here??

Hi Friends,

The world is ready to forget the bad memories of the worst economic meltdown and the wave of new development activities has started to flow.

This new wave is gonna offer stupendous job opportunities to the skilled professionals over the globe, because most of the global giants had stopped their growth related projects due to their bad balance sheet or over cautious behavior and reason was genuine i.e. Economic Uncertainty.

When we speak about skilled professionals, we all want to get skilled and we don't know exactly which skill is best for us and we never think which skill is going to persist over the time. That's why in India we have huge number of professionals but their employability is not satisfactory.

In tomorrow's world there will be lot of jobs but will be offered to only those professional who are really employable due to their professional skills.

My point to say all above things is to introduce one of the most robust and future oriented Professional skills, i.e. Business Analysis. why it is robust and future oriented, there are some key reasons to support this statement.

1. It is technologically independent
2. Having penetration to all the business domains
3. Offer better risk management and future planning to the organisations
4. Have a critical role to play in global offshore delivery model
5. Unlike of technology skills, it is functional and does not have dynamic
nature, i.e. whatever you learn today, its going to help you throughout
your life, but technology changes in every 6 months
6. As its nature is more business related so pay and perks are always higher
than technology jobs
7. Better job security, as in case of economic slowdown the role of Business
Analysis team becomes more critical
8. Growth path is fastest, because nature of the job is managerial
9. Gives better job satisfaction as one is involved in core analysis concepts
and out of box thinking is always appreciable in this, and whatever you
learn you apply in your in real time

There are other countless aspects of Business Analyst profession, those can admire any professional to adopt this, but the question is how many quality professionals are having globally competitive business analysis skills.

We are taking lot of effort to increase the employability of our quality professionals by imparting high-end professional skills in them. So that they can become globally competitive and can aim top quality jobs, not any job.