There are two types of links to a single post:
Permanent Links (Direct)
Permalinks (thread oriented)
Check the pic below:
For Permalinks, the following rules apply:
1. Your settings for the page views on the forum should:
a. have setting 'Oldest thread first' and
b. 'No. of posts per page' should be 'Forum default'
2. You are to view the post as it is, in its setting in the actual thread.
3. You have clicked or copied the link with the word permalink.
Then, the link will take you to the page where the post is, and take the browser to the post itself. The thread is there all around, you can scroll up or down that page.
However, if either 1a or 1b are not what they are supposed to be, there is a problem and the post will not be shown.
However, if you use the Permanent Link option, then all these issues vanish. The rules are:
1. You don't need any extraneous settings for it.
2. You want to view the post by itself, not in conjunction with the rest of the thread.
3. You have clicked the number of the post, like in the pic above, you've clicked #345.
This is a path- or thread- independent method of linking to a particular post. It links to that particular post's id within the whole forum, which remains the same whatever you do to the thread. Hence, using the link in the number of the post is feasible.
Basilisk, I suggest you do that, to ensure that you don't need to reupdate the same links again and again.
PS: This post actually belongs to the visual guide, but since I can't post there, am posting here. Will tell Mahip to add this data to the guide, then edit this post to link it there.
The Visual Guide is locked and will be updated as and when required!
DO NOT POST ANYTHING HERE...EITHER IT WILL BE MOVED OR DELETED!
p.s. Am not locking it because Mahip or other users need access to it if they plan to add any more visual help.
Smiley codes for shoutbox:
vB codes in HTML for shoutbox:
Follow these steps to reach Shoutbox:
1) Go to http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/
2) Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
3) Just above the "Currently Active Users" List, you'll see the Shoutbox (SB)
Shout any of your doubt there... someone will help you! :D
How to get the *red font statements* in Shoutbox:
1) Shout this -> /me is on PaGaLGuY.com
2) It displays as -> *Mahip is on PaGaLGuY.com*
Basically, every sentence starting with "/me" is formatted that way!