Focus problem

2 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
Hi Everybody, I have been following this forum for past few days now and found the discussions here very useful, thanks for keeping it so active and informative for all. I started my GMAT prep around 2 months back, lean study schedule of...
Page 1 of 1

Hi Puneet,

Welcome to the forum.

There was no need to open a new thread for your query. we have umpteen threads for this. search here www.pagalguy.com/forum/search.php

nevertheless, i will try n answer ur queries here itself.

1. u can trust PowerPrep, Kaplan and princetion scores. PowerPrep gives u can exact score, add 30 -40 for princeton and 80-100 for kaplan.

2. if u r doing 'silly' mistakes again n again, then they are not silly mistakes. revise ur basics and then attack.

3. when taking test at home, do take the break between the sections. it helps.

for further queries, post on existing threads.

cheers
Amit

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi Everybody,

I have been following this forum for past few days now and found the discussions here very useful, thanks for keeping it so active and informative for all.

I started my GMAT prep around 2 months back, lean study schedule of 1-2 hrs a day and missed days etc. But now I am getting down to a more serious study schedule as my GMAT date is the 18th of July.

I find myself fine in all sections, initially, was facing some problems in SC but those got resolved through some focussed study and tips.

My problem now is not getting things correct one after the other. I get most questions correct in routine study. In a test however, I always get something like
- 5-7 wrongs (3-5 silly mistakes) in quant
-7-10 wrongs in verbal, mostly because my mind stops registering what i am reading.
I dont get initial questions wrongs and my timing is fine.

Any tips on improving this aspect.

I dont trust the scoring of the commercially available tests. If this happens in a real GMAT how much score should i expect?

Any insight is really appriciated.

-Puneet

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.