am not asking this for myself. if somebody can answer this query. please do.an engineering graduate from a reputed college gets through fms and iim-bangalore. the student has no work ex. the student lives in delhi and stays close to fms. which one should the student join considering the following points :-
1. the student doesnt wanna study in an institution where there's huge study pressure.
2. is there a huge amount of difference in the placements of IIM-B and FMS.
3. the difference in fees for the whole program is as follows IIMB- 17 lacs i guess excluding hostel FMS- roughly 50,000...no need of hostel in this case.
4. if the student goes to IIMB then the whole fees would be a loan. taking 12% as the interest for the same amount. so accordingly the money invested would be somewhere around i.e. the total amount that will be paid back is 25,00,000rs. (calculated taking time period 7 years). so every month the student when starts working will pay 30,000rs exclusively as the installment for the loan for the next 7 years after completion of the degree.
5. taking a package that a person gets who just knows how to clear and maintain a cgpa of 6-6.5, is the proposition of IIMB better or FMS.
a friend seriously in dilemma