FMS or IIM (I/K)- which one to go for?

11 Posts  ·  13 Users
About this group
hi folks me caught up in a diificult situation.. should i choose FMS or IIM I or IIM K.. FMS has given me time uptil 14th to pay up the fees.. need to make my decision immediately coz i have to take leave from office to go and pay the fees a...
Page 1 of 2

Facts

FMS -
Low fees, Smaller Batch size, Great % of quotas, University of Delhi institute, one building campus, no livein hostel (shared hostel of the delhi university)

IIMI -
High Fees, Bigger Batch Size, Sudents with 2-3 years of work ex, 200 acres Campus, IIM Brand name

The choice is urs.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

well folks thanks a lot for the awesome response. . what else can i say .. suppose the IIM brand is what is finally lure me of from FMS ( takin nothin away from FMS) ... well still got till 14th to decide on FMS jus more 5 days... gotta do some real headbanging to decide ..

well do pitch in with ur ideas .. maybe all ur ideas may be the most crucial to help me select my mba ...

cheers
whencool ( hopefully should be kewl by 14th)

Dude,

I'll say go for IIM I or K. My tkae wud be I but K can be preferred if its close 2 ur place. An IIM tag has its own charm and if u luk 10 years into the future IIM I n K might be in the same league as that of the other IIMs'. Placement wise I dont think there is much of a difference b/w ne of the top 14-15 colleges for that matter. It's just the name that counts. Plus I think u want to be away frm the whims n fantasies of DU.

Take care.

great to know iim i lot of people with 3+ yrs work exp.

why i am saying so is coz if thats the profile of the batch .. that wud reflect in offer companies give and people with work exp stand to gain if overall exp of the gp is high ....

Firstly Mr. Amit,

please stop another unsubstantiated round of rankings...

And deal all..

It is all about what you all can make out of oppurtunities provided. In rigor I is uncomparable.. in infrastructure, 'I' and 'K' are much better. Much more than anything else it is about learnings from your peers that is more important and that you can't get without nightouts @ hostel...

take ur pick..

cheers
SK

Hi!!
A lot depends on the alumni base, students, placements, faculty, location, infra, R&D;, brand even batch size (esp. for fms), etc...nothing against I & K but let's not base our decisions on generalised projections. In the case of L, a lot of credit goes to Dr. Preetam Singh. Anyway, this wud be my preference list in that order :

Ivy league
IIM A
IIM B
IIM C
ISB (discounting the money factor)

V good
IIM L
XLRI
FMS

Good
SPJain
MDI
IIM K
IIT B SoM
IIM I
NITIE
JB IMS
TISS

OK
IIFT
MICA
IRMA
SCMHRD

Think again
Rest

Comments welcome !!

abt the fact that i got rated 23 last year i have a friend in I he told me the reason why that happened was that proper figures did not go in...

this yr when the stuff is proper it has found its place

Interesting dilemma... I'll add to ur confusion..

If you are for marketing.. go 4 FMS, blind. Thats what ppl say... and one of my friend in NITIE said FMS has a historical weakness in non-Marketing fields. IIMs certainly have the tag-regale... no doubts. In the long run... consider IIML. It started in 1986, when XL was 'flagship'ing. Now ppl say L as overtook XL. Same might happen to I and K, mainly due to the Govt backing, brand buillding. If you are considering international courses after Post-graduation.. I guess IIM tag value *might* matter.

B/w I and K... its real tuf... K started I guess in 96, and I in 98. Last year some paper rated I at 23, and K at 12. But this year ET rated I after ABCL, then XL and then K. Give your shot, and thought!!

Confused .. arent you? Pls do post after u made ur choice... would like to know..:D ATB!

All disclaimers applY!!!!

IIMs wud be anybody's take anyday, dude

Right now the rankings of the IIM I/K is low only coz of these being new institutes but with time you wud reap rich benefits of being from them and who knows they might one day join the league of IIM A/B/C

ATB

Abhishek

i wud say fms....cos u'll get better ROI as compared to I and K

but then again u get to be part of the iim league !! nd tht has a charm of its own
as far as placements is concerned.....oppurtunities are more or less equal in all 3...

cheers

1 like