Fisher-2008 Interviews and beyond

171 Posts  ·  34 Users
About this group
As the title suggests, lets get a thread rolling for Fisher school of business,,, I applied in R1 and interviewed with the adcomm on Dec3rd at the MBA fair. Interview was nothing special. The usual questions, but interstingly my int...
Page 1 of 18

Congrats to all the admits ..

I am planning to apply to Fisher in the final round. I guess its pretty late in the day but I need ur suggestions that do I stand any chance ?

My profile
GMAT : 680/4.5
TOEFL : 101
Acads : Oridinary
Xtra curricular : Decent
Work Ex : 4.5 yrs ( 2+ years in an indian manufacturing comp and 2+ years in LG, Korea)

I am admited to univ of wash and univ of florida but I just wanted to give a try to Fisher and Simon. Wts are ur suggestions, is it of any use to apply in the final round ??

Thanx
Raghav

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi All,

I just joined this forum and have been going thru the various posts...

About me...

GMAT - 710 (Q50, V35, AWA 5.5)
TOEFL iBT - 99
Acads - below average... rather royally screwed up...
WE - 12 years by Fall 08... Supply Chain and Logistics Ops mgmt, SCM functional consulting in ERP space
EC - Decent

Expected concentration in SCM and Corp Fin, with an aim for Strategy and Ops Consulting, will certainly explore leadership opportunities in Ops Mgmt in SCM/Logistics or Corp Fin...

2 admits... Fisher@Ohio State (Schol worth $15k out of total expenses of $100k) and Broad@Michigan State (Schol worth $35k out of total expenses of $80k)...

Need advice from folks here on the final decision... would like finance to be the last criterion for decision...

Cheers
Parikshit

Hi Parikshit,

welcome aboard...

I guess Fisher is ranked better than Broad on the finance ranking ( ranked abt 15 in the US news for finance..i didnt c broad anywhr on the list...but these rankings are 2007..i donno abt the latest rankings )

If scholarship is not a criteria..then i personally think Fisher is a better option...i would like others 2 contribute as i guess im a bit biased towards fisher 😉
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

I just joined this forum and have been going thru the various posts...

About me...

GMAT - 710 (Q50, V35, AWA 5.5)
TOEFL iBT - 99
Acads - below average... rather royally screwed up...
WE - 12 years by Fall 08... Supply Chain and Logistics Ops mgmt, SCM functional consulting in ERP space
EC - Decent

Expected concentration in SCM and Corp Fin, with an aim for Strategy and Ops Consulting, will certainly explore leadership opportunities in Ops Mgmt in SCM/Logistics or Corp Fin...

2 admits... Fisher@Ohio State (Schol worth $15k out of total expenses of $100k) and Broad@Michigan State (Schol worth $35k out of total expenses of $80k)...

Need advice from folks here on the final decision... would like finance to be the last criterion for decision...

Cheers
Parikshit

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
guys..count me in for Fisher....

all those plannin to go to fisher please PM me...

N i think Fisher it is for the final destination....:

gmat - 640 m -45 v -34 ( i kno its surprisin to get thru with such a low gmat score....but miracles do happen...especially whn u fly down frm mumbai to ohio just to meet the decision makers of the adcom n impress them )

acads - dont bother ( comp engg - mum univ)

work ex- STRONG ..i think this clinched it ... investment banking - 3 yrs till i join..done deals worth over $150 million in the last 2.5 yrs + deals worth $150 million in the pipeline..

EC - good...done my bit for the society

COUNT ME IN THE LIST FOR FISHER and guys who r in lets catch up

-Niraj
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

guys..count me in for Fisher....

all those plannin to go to fisher please PM me...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Everyone,
I am a new entrant at PagalGuy.
I too have an offer for admission from Fisher and wouldlike to connect with my future classmates.
I am yet to hear regarding the scholarship decision.
I am more than willing to share my interview experience incase some people still have theirs scheduled for later.

Regards

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

You can find the status of ur application at http://appstatus.osu.edu
you need to enter your application number as provided to you by mail from gradadmissions@osu.edu and your date of birth.

Regards
Amit Airon

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys..

I received a mail by post from Fisher stating that my application is currently wait listed and they ll inform me by 31st May 2008. I have not been interviewed yet. Now that is something strange coz how do they expect candidates to wait for their decision till 31st May. It does not make any sense to me. Anyways I m going ahead with Smith...

Regards
Raj

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can any one pls tell me where can I check the application status?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am a round 2 applicant. My status shows "deferred" without any interview call 😞

I dont know what to get from this thing. Can anyone suggest anything.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...