fidelity investments

4 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
hey ppl, just wantd to hav some info regrding *fidelity investments.* im getting a job thr..just wonderd..if wud be really gud to take it. wud hav to deal wid share markt, invt,...stuff lik that. wht be the career prospects aftr that??...
Page 1 of 1

well..havnt got a complete idea abt the profile yet..
will gt the details tomm

bt basically it wud be like dealing in invstmnts and all.. will hav to assist in biz operatns.. and also kind of dealing wid UK clients and assistng them in taking inv decs..
i hav askd them if its a BPO job..(i dont want to do BPO one) ..bt they said they r nt a third party BPO co. bt somehow since we wud hav to deal wid uk clients,i m nt sure if its a BPO or nt..bt Kelly services ppl are saying its a hardcore finance job..so im nt sure abt it yet..

n as for my aspirations.. i wud like to be a finance ananlyst n gt into technical finance resrch kinda work

n well.. im just a freshr..compltd b.com(hons)..so i wondrd if it wud be a suitable start for me..

pls advise

Can you tell me from which college you did B.com Hons and in which year did you passed?

Fidelity have their own captive BPO unit in bangalore and delhi. They provide business services and knowledge services. They are taking you for business services- If it is inbound calling process (UK clients will call you and you have to give investment advice regarding fidelity products- Customer Service), then life wont be easy. Changing accent, doing calling, and putting those big headphones is stressful. You can be in a blended process too- Take calls for 4 hours and then do financial processing for 4 hours. Financial processing will not be high end research- You have to process documents- Like putting entries or deleting entries etc

If you want to get in knowledge services- Financial research/ Technical analysis you need MS Finance/CFA from ICFAI or CFA from AIMR or MBA finance. Without it, no research company will shortlist you for interview.

3 years back just like you, i completed my B.com hons and wanted to get in some sort of research or non voice based process in BPO. All i got was stressful collections, inbound customer retention or upselling process and one day i quitted. I am now doing CFA/MS finance from ICFAI with a hope to get into financial analysis in Evalueserve or genpact or any other good firm.

The BPO experience is not bad. Only the calling part is stressful. You should ask if your process involves calling. As far as i know, fidelity offers blended process- 4 hours of calling and 4 hours of processing. You can try in Capital IQ as research associate- No hardcore financial analysis but much better then calling profile.

I feel you should join BPO in non voice based process and register for MS finance ICFAI or CFA AIMR.... You can study these courses just like CA, CS guys do and give exams on regular basis. In 2-3 years time, once you finish the course + your work exp (Remember no calling !) you can aim for financial analyst position in KPO or brokerage house like indiabulls.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

well..havnt got a complete idea abt the profile yet..
will gt the details tomm

bt basically it wud be like dealing in invstmnts and all.. will hav to assist in biz operatns.. and also kind of dealing wid UK clients and assistng them in taking inv decs..
i hav askd them if its a BPO job..(i dont want to do BPO one) ..bt they said they r nt a third party BPO co. bt somehow since we wud hav to deal wid uk clients,i m nt sure if its a BPO or nt..bt Kelly services ppl are saying its a hardcore finance job..so im nt sure abt it yet..

n as for my aspirations.. i wud like to be a finance ananlyst n gt into technical finance resrch kinda work

n well.. im just a freshr..compltd b.com(hons)..so i wondrd if it wud be a suitable start for me..

pls advise

Hey,

Please mention details regarding your profile. Also, do share with us what kind of career aspirations you have?

MurTuzA

hey ppl, just wantd to hav some info regrding fidelity investments.

im getting a job thr..just wonderd..if wud be really gud to take it.
wud hav to deal wid share markt, invt,...stuff lik that.

wht be the career prospects aftr that??

pls help someone..