Feedback/Suggestions on Official Bschool Query Threads featuring Admission Directors

16 Posts  ·  9 Users
About this group
Dear puys, Most of you would have noticed that quite a few Admission Directors and Professors from various b-schools like ISB Hyderabad, SP Jain-Dubai & Singapore, SIBM Pune, SCMHRD Pune, MICA Ahmedabad and KJ Somaiya Mumbai are participating...
Page 1 of 2

cn sumbdy plzz tell me sumthng abt ICoFP??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Please start the Admissions Discussions Thread for ISB 2008 soon

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
We would happily give others a chance, but the institutes will have to understand the culture of the forum and display respect for the community. Boywonder82 however, is not one of them. Commercial entities are welcome to help here, but we need to be sure that they understand the community culture by talking to them, else PG will cease to be the place that made you come to it in the first place.
cheers,

i got no other option than believing you.but i must say that i have seen boywonder82 helping people in many forums on pg.may be his way is different but intentions are good.anyways i am not here to advocate on behalf of anyone.
i hope you all understand that my motive was not to create any warmed up issue.
chalo you people do your work as good as possible and believe you are doing great till yet(except this one he he)
lets forget all this and start healthy discussions again.
:grin::grin:
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,
Just want to say that I am really hurt by whats going on in the thread which has been the most happening thread as far as me is concerned.
Patric has been a really good guy replying the queries and I would appreciate if all these things are sorted out and the posts regarding the queries are started

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
see dude everyone would agree on the part that with monopoly chances for growth for masses becomes almost stagnant.see i am not in favour of anyone and also understands the fact that its for our benefit only we have called mr.patrick to help us.
but at the same time we should not discourage competition. being a professional mr.patrick might have his own busy schedules due to which he cant be available all the time on pg. so in that case,according to you,we should all wait till we get a reply.

We would happily give others a chance, but the institutes will have to understand the culture of the forum and display respect for the community. Boywonder82 however, is not one of them. Commercial entities are welcome to help here, but we need to be sure that they understand the community culture by talking to them, else PG will cease to be the place that made you come to it in the first place.
cheers,
I come in peace. Take me to your leader. http://www.twitter.com/apurv
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello,

Lets make things simpler around here. There are currently two main active threads dealing with CET right now
1. http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mission-cet-2008-25024791
2. http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/pagalguycom-brings-cet-expert-patrick-dsouza-ask-all-your-maharashtra-cet-doubts-25028874

No.1 thread is like all other threads in PG where we help out each other, share our knowledge, ask queries about things we want to know and answer queries about things we know. No. 2 thread is a bit different from that. Here we have specifically engaged someone who can authoritatively speak on the subject. We have invited Mr Patrick D'souza to help out students with the help of all his experience and knowledge acquired in the before-during-after phase of CET. So Mr Patrick is like a guest to us who is helping us in dealing with CET. Now wouldn't it be a little rude on our part if we were to interrupt him now and then and answer queries addressed to him. If anybody is posting on this thread i think we can assume that they are looking for a answer from Mr Patrick himself. Otherwise they could have merrily continued on Thread No 1. I have no problems with people helping out fellow puys. That is the very principle PaGaLGuY works on, but there is a time and place for everything and it has to be respected

So I would request people to leave the answering of queries on this thread to Mr Patrick and help in making Thread No1 one of the better threads on PG. So in that way we could have two separate high quality products CET students can distinguish between and look forward to

see dude everyone would agree on the part that with monopoly chances for growth for masses becomes almost stagnant.see i am not in favour of anyone and also understands the fact that its for our benefit only we have called mr.patrick to help us.
but at the same time we should not discourage competition. being a professional mr.patrick might have his own busy schedules due to which he cant be available all the time on pg. so in that case,according to you,we should all wait till we get a reply.
may be one can wait may be one cant and this depends on various situations from which any opinion seeker is undergoing through.
i dont think so i am asking too much by saying "let everyone participate freely ."
just take a small example today itself Prasad3094 asked a query after which mr.patrick answered some queries but didnt answered his and god knows why.
so what u wanna say about this.
and as per my thinking , any professional wont mind free participation as far as point of unfair treatment with mr.patrick is concerned.

so stop fighting among ourselves about who is gonna answer what and do something good for members of pg.

:grin:
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Dear letsrock31,

Now imagine what happens if we open up these threads to everyone - first, the thread becomes redundant to the usual student-driven thread, and secondly, the next time I go to a coaching institute to ask them to come on the forums to put in an expert opinion, they are going to say - "Dude, the users on Pagalguy won't let us answer and another coaching institute will hijack the thread!"
Hope I have been able to put things into perspective.

Cheers,

Hi Apurv,

Well things actually luk pretty complex n perplexing from ur point of view, i second to it....n ther r'nt two ways in fact tat PG is really helpful to a multitude of people outta here n so is in my case. N ur efforts r visibly clear in bringing experts to www.PG.com....bt newz no 2 ways outta here. Lets jus make it a better place for CET-related discussions keeping certain matters apart.

Cheers, tc.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello,

Lets make things simpler around here. There are currently two main active threads dealing with CET right now
1. http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mission-cet-2008-25024791
2. http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/pagalguycom-brings-cet-expert-patrick-dsouza-ask-all-your-maharashtra-cet-doubts-25028874

No.1 thread is like all other threads in PG where we help out each other, share our knowledge, ask queries about things we want to know and answer queries about things we know. No. 2 thread is a bit different from that. Here we have specifically engaged someone who can authoritatively speak on the subject. We have invited Mr Patrick D'souza to help out students with the help of all his experience and knowledge acquired in the before-during-after phase of CET. So Mr Patrick is like a guest to us who is helping us in dealing with CET. Now wouldn't it be a little rude on our part if we were to interrupt him now and then and answer queries addressed to him. If anybody is posting on this thread i think we can assume that they are looking for a answer from Mr Patrick himself. Otherwise they could have merrily continued on Thread No 1. I have no problems with people helping out fellow puys. That is the very principle PaGaLGuY works on, but there is a time and place for everything and it has to be respected

So I would request people to leave the answering of queries on this thread to Mr Patrick and help in making Thread No1 one of the better threads on PG. So in that way we could have two separate high quality products CET students can distinguish between and look forward to

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Interestingly it isnt my 1st post bt yet i concur wid wot tat person said...
we shud really stick to d rules maintained for d forums....irrespective of the fact in wch one is posting...aftrall its all for MBA aspirants who wish to seek the guidance of experts out here(..who so evr he may b...)....n hence shall be done wid sheer spirit of camaraderie keeping personal motives/intentions apart.

Moreover apart from being a separate thread its more of a PUBLIC forums so d utmost is to safeguard d decorum of the community rather than infringing the line of demarcation in deciding the extents of wot is liberal n wot Outrageous.

May b the thread is governed/created by one specific person....bt still tat doesn't guarantee 100% satisfaction to evryone....sometimes....d advise of one can b good for someone....n d advice of another can b much better than d previous one....so on a more general note, i think...WE(..d public/students..) shall decide whom to listen .... n aftrall its HELP provided gratis so one shud not help problem that ONE is helping oders. Atleast we wud like to listent o evryone n thn decide whose counsel is more helpful/appropriate to us. !!!!!!!

I hope not ther isnt any contradictory point in wot i stated being an active member of the forum n d privileged to share my view point....."d RIGHT to speech" shall be maintained for evryone, living a democratic environment. :)

Dear letsrock31,

This is gonna be a long post but I will try my best to put things in perspective here. I've put in a lot of effort to gather my thoughts, so I'd appreciate it before you go through the complete post well before replying :).

A couple of months back, the MAT-CET section was nearing death in the number of posts and participation and it was worrying. There were endless questions but no answers. Patrick was called in because there were a large number of questions being asked that were going unanswered. To that effect, I would give credit to him for getting life back in here to some extent. To his credit, I wouldn't want to steal his thunder for what he has done. Before this thread, Patrick has been helping people on the forums for years without much self-plugging for his institute.

boywonder82 on the other hand has been found spamming esquaremc all over the forum and if you check his posts, you will find a lot of moderator edits. I do not discourage boywonder82 from posting on PG, but as an Administrator I wouldn't want to endorse users who do not differentiate between outright selling on the forums and helping out people. This is bad for the forum's culture overall and we don't want PG to become a place where every other dude spams.

I am not going all out to endorse Patrick and his brand here or disbrand esquaremc. All I am saying is that we have to give people credit for what they contribute to the forums. PG gets its edge due to the content on it. Unfortunately, a lot of people begin to misuse the freedom under the garb of 'helping out people'. Either the forum can maintain its independence and content quality or come to a point where posts have advertisement links all over and lose its charm.

Another thing - as you guys might have observed, we have been trying to get some 'official' people into the forums since last year. We had the Directors of SIBM, SCMHRD, ISB, MICA and Career Launcher's Arindam Lahiri and IMS's Gejo Srinivasan to bring in an expert's point of view, parallel to the normal student activity running on the forums. Patrick's thread is part of that. The problem we face on the forums is that bschools and coaching institutes keep taking their chances at spamming in student-driven threads, which as users we don't like one bit. Official threads such as these help to isolate commercial entities on the forum in a separate thread (Any commercial entity is free to open a thread with us (it's a free service) provided we are comfortable working with them and know that they will not misuse it for blatant marketing).

Now imagine what happens if we open up these threads to everyone - first, the thread becomes redundant to the usual student-driven thread, and secondly, the next time I go to a coaching institute to ask them to come on the forums to put in an expert opinion, they are going to say - "Dude, the users on Pagalguy won't let us answer and another coaching institute will hijack the thread!"

It is going to make the moderators' jobs very difficult! Please see things from our point of view and help us manage the forum :). At the end of the day, there is still the other CET thread which other people can participate in, so it is not like nobody is being allowed to post and answer questions. So if you do not want to listen to Patrick's answers, that's fine and you can use the Mission CET thread!

Hope I have been able to put things into perspective.

Cheers,
I come in peace. Take me to your leader. http://www.twitter.com/apurv
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I think u r doing a good job
But not allowing someone from replying to a post is not good.
If you are good enough people will follow you and I think this being a public forum one should not stop anybody.
None the less important thing is that everyone gets the right information..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...