Fall 2012 Admits

10 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
A list of admits for Fall - 2012. Hopefully those admitted will stick around to help those who are applying :) *Previous year's admits *Fall 2011 Admits Fall 2010 Admits (Fall 2010 admits.) Please post all your admits, the school you...
Page 1 of 1

Admitted to Purdue University's Krannert school of Business. Had offers from 6 other schools (Wisconsin school of Business, Katz, GATech etc)

~Bharath
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Admits from ISB, INSEAD(with $$$), LBS, Cornell, Oxford, UT-McCombs, Penn State.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

No absolute answers there, Gaurav. A lot depends on your profile, the strengths of the program, the industry connections of the bschool and the fit with your goals.

I'm sure you did your research about the schools before applying to them. Use that data as the starting point and combine it with the additional inputs mentioned above and in the last sentence of the prev post.

Choosing a bschool is one of the most important decisions you'll make in your life. So it would be incorrect to depend completely on perceptions of strangers who do not understand your profile and motivations completely.

Do get inputs from folks who are knowledgeable about these specific schools (to be honest, I am not, which is why I suggested current students) and then rely upon your personal research to ascertain whether it's a good fit for you.

- Sameer Kamat
Founder | MBA Crystal Ball

Founder - MBA CRYSTAL BALL (mbacrystalball.com) | Twitter www.twitter.com/mba_cb
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys,

Ive been admitted to Rutgers Business School for Fall2012. I had 680gmat and 93toefl score. Have 1 yr of full-time work ex and 1 yr of freelance work. Reply me for any queries or questions. 😁 :cheers::cheers:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks Sameer

Can you tell which MBA is best Aston or Durham?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks for setting the ball rolling, Gaurav. And congrats on the admits.

Rather than focussing on the cheapest option, it might be better if you could focus on which of these schools would give you the best shot at landing your dream job (or any job for that matter in the current scenario).

With the state of the economy and the stricter work permit visa rules, even the top school grads are finding it a challenge to land post MBA jobs (read the last few paragraphs in this story by an Oxford MBA grad).

Check out the placements stats for the last couple of years to get an idea of the trends at these bschools, talk to current students to get the latest status (website data is always historical) and choose the best one.

Good luck.

- Sameer Kamat

Founder - MBA CRYSTAL BALL (mbacrystalball.com) | Twitter www.twitter.com/mba_cb
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello

I have offer for MBA from Hertfordshire, they are offering me 40% fee discount which means their MBA become cheapest for me.. I also have offer from Aston Business School and Durham Business School.. Can you guys suggest me which one to choose.. UK is my only destination and like others i also like to do job after my MBA...

Gaurav

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

A month and half since this thread was launched and classes for fall 2012 are just around the corner...but no admits posting here yet!

C'mon, puys, don't be so modest.

If you've been part of the PG community during your application phase, in the spirit of giving back, it would be great to see some success stories out here.

- Sameer Kamat

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

A list of admits for Fall - 2012. Hopefully those admitted will stick around to help those who are applying :)

Previous year's admits
Fall 2011 Admits
Fall 2010 Admits (Fall 2010 admits.)

Please post all your admits, the school you will attend, a brief profile if you can and scholarship received, if any.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...