Fall 2008 Admits from PaGaLGuY.com

135 Posts  ·  71 Users
About this group
Hi Guys, Like last year, I have created a similar thread for all those PAGALS who have received admits and will be attending schools in Fall 2008. So let me start with myself:- I have got admits from TUCK and ISB. I'll be attending ...
Page 1 of 14

guys i just wanted to know what kind of verification is done(by B-schools like Duke Chicago, Darden, Insead, ISB ) for the work experience....as in is it telephonic or is it personal visit from some guys they employed for this purpose.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
columbia10admit Says
i'm not sure if this is the right thread for this. if you can find the right thread and point me in that direction, i'd be happy to give you an account of my emory interview (i got an admit with 50% schol)

hi....

i am new to this thread... firstly congrats to u and all the others with such great admits..... i wud appreciate some help from ur side in helping me understand about how to start shortlisting b schools ..... i m gonna apply for fall 2009 and yet to take gmat.... i know u must be thinking y so late..... well there r a few reasons..... right now i am concentrating on my gmat prep and wud like to know about ur profile and how to proceed in the college selection process.... please help....

sunetra
I am not talking about part time MBA ( for part time mba you can study on H1B ) . For full time MBA you have to convert your VISA to F1 , but after your MBA when you reapply for H1 with your new company you will be put under the same quota which allocated your H1 the last time and you will not come under the lottery system .

: I am going to do a full time MBA ( with F1 ) , I got my H1 converted to F1 and it is then that the immigration lawyer told me this. Bu please confirm it from someone.

precisely what i have known from some other forum as well. i have left you couple of messages on yahoo. pls reply to that
Mcnabb_ISB Says
not sure abt that..i think you are talking abt part time MBA here..i am talking abt full time MBA. As long as you are on H1B you have to be sponsored by some one ;)

I am not talking about part time MBA ( for part time mba you can study on H1B ) . For full time MBA you have to convert your VISA to F1 , but after your MBA when you reapply for H1 with your new company you will be put under the same quota which allocated your H1 the last time and you will not come under the lottery system .

: I am going to do a full time MBA ( with F1 ) , I got my H1 converted to F1 and it is then that the immigration lawyer told me this. Bu please confirm it from someone.
Hi,
I will be pursuing my MBA this fall and I did have a H1B on me ( worked in US 2 yrs ). As per my knowledge you can continue on the same H1B once you complete your MBA and thus will not fall under the lottery scanner anymore . This was told to me by a US based immigration lawyer , but still needs to be confirmed ..

not sure abt that..i think you are talking abt part time MBA here..i am talking abt full time MBA. As long as you are on H1B you have to be sponsored by some one 😉

Congrates Guys for getting into the college...Could anyone know someone who is in Stanford or got admitted into Stanford?

hmmm

i am currently on h1b visa..i guess i have to relinquish my visa in order for me to pursue my MBA..would somebody delve on this?:sarcasm:

Hi,
I will be pursuing my MBA this fall and I did have a H1B on me ( worked in US 2 yrs ). As per my knowledge you can continue on the same H1B once you complete your MBA and thus will not fall under the lottery scanner anymore . This was told to me by a US based immigration lawyer , but still needs to be confirmed ..
Most from Offshore. My sense is is a 2/1 split between the two types.

Cheers

hmmm

i am currently on h1b visa..i guess i have to relinquish my visa in order for me to pursue my MBA..would somebody delve on this?:sarcasm:
Mcnabb_ISB Says
Well, the thread is very informational but one thing i would like to ask is are most of the guys coming from offshore ( india) or there are already in US working and trying to lquit their job here?

Most from Offshore. My sense is is a 2/1 split between the two types.

Cheers
final tally
admits-Cornell,Georgetown,Simon,kelley,Columbia,Ross-Umich,NYU-Stern
Dings-Yale after IV,INSEAD w/o IV,Wharton after IV,ISB-Ding after IV
Application withdrawn-NUS,notre dame

heading to CBS

Holy crap, that is a long list of admits and a freaking long list of applications!
My congrats really 😃

Cheers