Fact, Inference, Judgement For CAT 2012

158 Posts  ·  210 Users
About this group
Hello puys, here is the thread for discussion of all your FIJ queries. Link to last years' thread http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/english-resources/31973-fact-inference-judgement-cat-2008-a.html http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/english-re...
Page 1 of 16

If you want to discuss very precisely only the concepts needed..some silly concepts some small but imp tips...then join it... share & grow.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cat-xat-cmat-essential-concepts-29851788

500px http://bitly.com/1vz5VLUTwitter http://bitly.com/1vz66a5quora http://bitly.com/15KWMYs
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys,

Not sure whether this is the right thread to post such a query, but here goes nothing.

How many tests / mocks per week would be considered optimum considering that there are still 2 months to go for CAT.

I am currently clocking around 2 mocks a week which sometimes reach 3 mocks also. Is that sufficient? or should I start giving them more frequently?

Thanks in advance

Calls: IIM I,K, New IIMs, SPJIMR, SJSoM,IIT-D, NITIE; Converts: IIM I,K, NITIE, IIT-D. WL: SP ,SJMSoM
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Most of the facts seem like judgement.How can we clearly differentiate both? Also throw some light into 'inference' too.Can this be a sure type in CAT 2013?

" What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@angadsharma

SET-3 1) It is believed that a political theory suited to a multicultural society must go beyond liberalism and must stress the centrality of a dialogue between cultures and ethical norms, principles and institutional structures presupposed and generated by it.Ethical meaning is given solely within the context of a social group and attempting to make cross cultural judgements is at best arrogant and at worst a kind of ethical imperialism.If we cannot find convincing ways to show that mediation between groups is possible and desirable then there is where we remain.Our present task is not to become thoroughly familiar with every detail of these powerful arguments but to fill out this continuum to see what distinguishes each position from the others and to find out what principles drive each of them to their different conclusions. A.JFJJB.JJFIC.FFJID.FJJI2) In this way there can be both legal rights and moral reasons explaining why certain legal rights should be created, but not moral rights themselves.The utilitarian understanding of rights as based on moral claims that derive from utility is open to the objections raised about the way such rights can be legitimately overridden in trade-offs.As rights are simply instrumentally justified as means of maximizing utility they lack an absolute character.Instead, rights must be treated flexibly, enabling us to minimize rights violations by occasionally sanctioning a violation of rights if this is morally justified. A.JFJIB.IJIIC.FFJID.IIFJ

1d..2-d??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hello everybody. i'm varatharaj doing pre final year in mechanical engineering in coimbatore(tamilnadu).Right from the day i know about cat i started dreaming being an IIM er! MBA is my passion. im preparing for CAT 2013. As i was from a lower middle class background i cant afford to pay the coaching class fee. now iam preparing for CAT using the books from my college library.
but those books are really confusing and deviated from the actual CAT questions.i dont have a pc too. so i cant refer any online materials. i spend 4 hours daily for preparing CAT. my friend advised me that 4 hours of such preparations=1 hour of preparation by using standard materials like TIME,IMS. i went to TIME and ask them whether i can get the materials alone for a cheaper price. they said they will provide material only along with a course. and that course costs 20000! i was heart broken! i desperately need some standard books. i would be greatly thankful if someone is will to donate extra materials or old materials! PG is my only hope. so please help me! thank you all
IF SOMEONE CAN DO IT, SO CAN YOU!
1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
“Soy un perdedor I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?”
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@yagnik4

FFIJ?
“Soy un perdedor I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?”
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

smy take is for option B or D

Ask Beauty Related Question -> http://khoobsurati.com/forum/
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@angadsharma said:
Set-21) People may question the merits of returning to a 'golden era' of the gold standard, but it seems fair to say that the development of world trade was encouraged by the systematic linking of national currencies and price stability of the system.New discoveries of gold would generate discontinuous jumps in the price level, but the period of the gold standard was marked by a fairly stable stock of gold.Under a gold standard, currencies are valued in terms of a gold equivalent known as the mint parity price, that is, an ounce of gold was worth $20.67 in terms of the U.S. dollar over the gold standard period.If the government does not stand willing to buy and sell at the mint parity price, then the price will fluctuate with changes in the supply and demand relative to gold.A.IFFJB.JIFIC.JIIFD.IJFJ2) It often appears that financial market participants believe that some governments are lacking the credibility required to create confidence in the system.A currency board is a government institution that exchanges domestic currency for foreign currency at a fixed rate of exchange.The typical demise of a fixed exchange rate system comes when the central bank runs out of foreign currency to exchange for domestic currency and ends up devaluing the domestic currency.As a result of such foreign currency holdings, people believe that the currency board will always have an adequate supply of foreign currency to exchange at the fixed rate of exchange.A.IFIIB.JFIJC.FIJJD.JFII3) Indeed Walzer characterizes his claim in an open ended distributive principle, 'No social good x should be distributed to men and women who possess some other goody merely because they possess y and without regard to the meaning of x'.Wealth shouldn't bring with it access to political power and so unequal wealth shouldn't result in unequal power.When we have reached a position where distributions are appropriate to their goods and spheres are kept distinct then we will have a just society.Complex equality means that no citizen's standing in one sphere or with regard to one social good can be undercut by his standing in some other sphere, with regard to some other good.A.JFJIB.IJFIC.JIIFD.FIFJ
Please give explaination for the 3) set..
Thanks in advance
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

A for the next one.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...