Fact, Inference, Judgement For CAT 2008

1,342 Posts  ·  214 Users
About this group
Hi All, I think that this was the thread which was missing from the CAT 2008 links and which also needs attention too :: . So just pouring in with the tricks n tips for FIJ (fact, inference, judgement) , the problems you are facing, amy guida...
Page 1 of 135
www.raghavabbhi.com | My take on CAT: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-i-wanted-to-speak-about-cat-25002933/6315307
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

The fact that 'they are about to begin organizing....' is verifiable.

tarunceo Says
hey man,why it is fact when its said that it is about to begin,so its not sure and its not started so how it can be a fact.
1. Paris plans to stage some of the beach volleyball matches below the eiffel tower, which may prove to be popular.

2. Cambodia is about to begin organizing a UN-supported tribunal to put ageing Kmer Rouge leaders on trial for genocide & crimes against humanity.

3. A breakthrough is likely to come about soon, as the cambodian government is now seeking UN help in financing procecutions.

Fact, Inference or Judgement? Answers will be posted in the evening..

hey man,why it is fact when its said that it is about to begin,so its not sure and its not started so how it can be a fact.

All the best to all participants of the thread for the D'day
and a special thanks to anirudh for posting so many nice questions .

hi there!!!! here are the solution:
1.Although the chance of an impact my be small in any given year , the consequences could be enormous......-Judgment as the statement is the author's opinion......
2.The effect of an impact depend's on an object's speed .A meteorite a few meters wide could level a city...Inference as the statement -"A meteorite a few meters wide could level a city" is based on the fact given in the statement......
3.The largest could wreak ecological havoc across the globe .Judgment no explanations given
4.David Morisson , a NASA scientist , argued at a recent conference that a large meteorite strike is the only known disaster (except perhaps global nuclear war) that could put civilization at risk. can be verified by asking the scientist hence a fact

@ani

1.Fact
2.Inference
3.Fact
4.Fact

My Take :

1.Although the chance of an impact my be small in any given year , the consequences could be enormous......
Judgment.. consequences could be enormous is his opinion.

2.The effect of an impact depend's on an object's speed .A meteorite a few meters wide could level a city...
Inference.. The effect part is a fact and from that he is inferring that the meteorite could level a city.

3.The largest could wreak ecological havoc across the globe .
Judgment.. I gess because there is no fact here.

4.David Morisson , a NASA scientist , argued at a recent conference that a large meteorite strike is the only known disaster (except perhaps global nuclear war) that could put civilization at risk.
Fact.. Here it is just being reported what the nasa scientist had argued.

All the very best puys .... have a great exam.......

You did an awesome job anirudh and best of luck to you as well and all the folks here !!
1. Paris plans to stage some of the beach volleyball matches below the eiffel tower, which may prove to be popular.
first part is fact second part seems conclusion drawn so inference
2. Cambodia is about to begin organizing a UN-supported tribunal to put ageing Kmer Rouge leaders on trial for genocide & crimes against humanity.
fact

3. A breakthrough is likely to come about soon, as the cambodian government is now seeking UN help in financing procecutions.
second part is a fact first part seems to be inference drawn from it.

so
my ans are
ifi
My take:
1) I
2) F
3) I

That's correct...

My take:
1) I
2) F
3) I