sure dude..........ws not aware of a separate thread.......all the best 2 u 2......1000% effort will see u thru........!!!!!!!! definitely.........
Bro plz use the following thread for ur query.
Wish u good luck for ur future...
hey guys I'm Puneet, setting targets for the year ahead. I have a blueprint ready and would like people who have been in situation that i'm jst gonna xplain, people studying in b-schools/working post MBA to pls present their opinions/thoughts (I call this reality check exercise!!:listen)- would love to hear ur opinions-->
So here's the situation
1. Work ex-Will have 5 years experience in the oil and gas(mech. engineer) sector by Sep'11.
2. Objective-MBA with an aim to get into business consulting/strategy(as of now atleast.)
3. CAT/GMAT- CAT 2010-88% GMAT-690.
a) Use the GMAT score that i have and apply to b-schools abroad in the
round2/3 deadlines.this year.......
b) Take GMAT once again(cz i have not performed to my potential and apply to select colleges for 2012 batch)/ CAT 2011 (To try for ABC).
1. When good B-schools are there in India that can offer me good quality education and assure good placements, at an investment almost 25% of most of good foreign schools, and wd just require me to work hard to make it into the schools then why go abroad????
2. From what little i have found out, rocking CAT percentile would make it easy to get into top indian schools, in the sense that having 5.5 years of experience till the results are out next year would not be an impediment to get admission.
3. I'll keep GMAT (B-school abroad)as a backup to indian colleges and till that time take another crack at gmat to get my potential score.
4. I'm not too old yet....i'll be sweet 26 in june...so i can give my self one more year to have a serious shot at CAT and then move to foreign soil as a back up next year ..........
This is what I've been able to make of my situation, would love to get a reality check .........eagerly awaiting ur response......