Exchange Programmes Abroad?

3 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
IIMs, MDI , many growing Bschools are today signing up for exchange programmes with other instititues all over the globe. Even IIM Indore has a few such agreements. I wanna know what is the general perception of these. On a personal front I li...
Page 1 of 1
IIMs, MDI , many growing Bschools are today signing up for exchange programmes with other instititues all over the globe. Even IIM Indore has a few such agreements.
I wanna know what is the general perception of these.
On a personal front I like the way it sounds and am headed to France for my term 5.

Would love to know what the general idea ppl have about these.
Also using the opportunity to know other Bschoolers who may be headed to E M Lyon in France next year.

Thankx

I have been fortunate to be on such an exhange programme during my term 5.
It's a different experience altogether - you are in an international class doing your group work with people from across the world, trying to sort out language, culture issues. The kind of interaction you have in such a scenario is unparalleled. Good B-schools in India are strongly encouraging such exchanges with a view to get the Indian B school education on a global stage - students and faculty (at GIM even faculty is exchanged) are exposed to the way teaching is done across the globe and they try to explore the option of incorporating the better aspects of those schools - practises which have never been seen/heard of in India.
All said, its also a lot of fun. Unlike in India, European B-schools don't encourage working at weekends - weekends are all yours. Therefore a term in a foreign B school translates to atleast 10 weekends. 10 weekends in Europe/America is a proposition too good to resist as you will find out in your programme too. :)
Good luck! Enjoy!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
IIMs, MDI , many growing Bschools are today signing up for exchange programmes with other instititues all over the globe. Even IIM Indore has a few such agreements.
On a personal front I like the way it sounds and am headed to France for my term 5.

Also using the opportunity to know other Bschoolers who may be headed to E M Lyon in France next year.

Thankx

Hi Pranav , GIM has got three such exchange programs, 1.Fachhochschule Ingolstadt, Germany 2.Universidade Catolica Portuguesa ( MBA Catolica ) 3.University of Antwerp There are going to be a couple of more additions this year, I am not on any of these programs , but know some who have been there , and some who are going there , will post in their views soon regards shailesh

Thankx