ESSEC admits 2008

39 Posts  ·  19 Users
About this group
Got an admit from ESSEC Business school ,Paris today. Looking for those who have applied to ESSEC /waitlisted/ already admitted/ current students to share thoughts. Could not find any other thread for ESSEC. Any one?
Page 1 of 4

anyone got thru ??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The shortlisting decision will be out on 20th, Nov. Interviews will be conducted on 27th.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

First deadline was Nov 4th... Who all have applied for the same? Any interviews... blah blah

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

ESSEC is one of the few Business schools which admits candidates with no or less work ex. Most of the French students who are admitted join ESSEC MBA from the prestigious grand ecole system in France. This is a very competitive exam for fresh students and the best minds in France get admitted to ESSEC similar to IIM in india
So work ex is not madatory for the ESSEC MBA.
Apart from this there are masters programs as well. I am not very sure about their eligibilty criteria. Please check on website.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello guys,

I am a student at ESSEC Business school Paris. I have all the info you need.
I lacked info when i applied , so i will be glad to give ppl info about ESSEC.

Hi mafistofilis,

i want to know, is work exp mandatory for applying to ESSEC?
Or do they do have Pre-expereince Master in Management or M.Sc in Management for Grads like ESCP-Europe has?

Thankyou.

Regards,
Neha
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi mafistofilis,

thanx for coming on the forum..

I am a prospective applicant to ESSEC and need some information about the school.

I would be grateful if you could pm me your contact number....would have corresponded through email but the deadline is really close...

will be grateful if you could help.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi All,

I am a current first year student at ESSEC Business School.
I have tried to answer some of your questions. I lacked info even though I tried a lot to get when I applied to ESSEC last year. So I think this will be useful for all you guys. Also note that these are purely my opinions :

1) Essec has a very good brand name in france, and if i am not wrong most of the top companies come to the campus to recruit. But can you tell me how good is the brand name in Uk? what are the chances if someone wants to relocate to US after his mba?

Is your aim to work in UK or US? Not that you cannot do that from ESSEC, but I would advise to rethink what your your real reasons are to get an MBA from Paris and not UK or US if there is an inclination for UK or US.

2) Since essec batch tends to be very young, how do you think will be the quality of the students? Are there people with good work ex in ur batch, I wil be having 3 years by the time i join.

In my opinion , ESSEC can be compared to IIMs in India. There are a lot many young students. But there are people with work experience as well but they are definitely not the majority. Particlarly work ex from Indian and some Chinese students tend to be more. Around the 3-5 year mark.

3) How is the IT sector doing in france/Paris, I am not asking this for myself but for someone who has 5 years of IT work ex and wants to relocate to france how easy or difficult will it be to get an IT job in france?

In my opinion France is not really known to have a great IT sector. Of course there are jobs in IT. In my opinion not many people get into IT after an MBA from ESSEC. Again not that it is impossible.

4) what will be the approximate total expenses for the 2 years of study? Whats the chances of getting a scholarship. I have a 740 in gmat, 3 years of work ex in IT consulting, good extra curriculars and some community work to show.

Paris is expensive. Cost is almost similar to what ESSEC suggests for an international student. It does depends on your lifestyle but it generally averages to somewhere arounf 1000 EUR per month. A gmat score of 740 is very good for getting scholarships. There are scholarships available.

There was a question on application(For admission to ESSEC) essays. They can be of any acceptable font size and should be one page.This is what I had done. Pls double check with college.

Some points about ESSEC and France which I feel are very important :

1) Knowledge of French (This is a very very big factor)
2) ESSEC is an excellent school with a fantastic reputation in France.
But you have to carefully analyse how it fits your goals.
3) Check out opportunities in ESSEC and France for those who are less than 26 years

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi mafistofilis

i am a prospective candidate for essec business school. Would be glad if u can help me with few queries.

1) Essec has a very good brand name in france, and if i am not wrong most of the top companies come to the campus to recruit. But can you tell me how good is the brand name in Uk? what are the chances if someone wants to relocate to US after his mba?

2) Since essec batch tends to be very young, how do you think will be the quality of the students? Are there people with good work ex in ur batch, I wil be having 3 years by the time i join.

3) How is the IT sector doing in france/Paris, I am not asking this for myself but for someone who has 5 years of IT work ex and wants to relocate to france how easy or difficult will it be to get an IT job in france?

4) what will be the approximate total expenses for the 2 years of study? Whats the chances of getting a scholarship. I have a 740 in gmat, 3 years of work ex in IT consulting, good extra curriculars and some community work to show.

Thanks for taking out time for reading this, hoping you will reply to my queries soon.

Best Regards,
Dream On

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello guys,

I am a student at ESSEC Business school Paris. I have all the info you need.
I lacked info when i applied , so i will be glad to give ppl info about ESSEC.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

thanx for the info...but i guess they should have given us a word limit...that would have been indicative....anyway we can change the margins of the page to accommodate more words...

we just have to write 2 essays right ??

my profile
gmat 710, toefl-waiting for the score
work ex- 3Y by the time i join (IT, Telecom)

what's ur profile ??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...