Errors in CMAT 2013 paper

13 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
Higuys some questions were wrong in the cmat paper of 24th feb 2013 morning batch?......did any1 else face this issue???
Page 1 of 2

In the Afternoon slot of 25th..there was question in LR which was wrong:

A country has only two types of inhabitants which only ask questions. Type A people ask only those questions whose correct answer is "yes". Type B people ask only those question whose correct answer is "no". If an inhabitant asks "Am I of type B?", what type is he ?

A. A
B. B
C. Either A or B
D. Data insufficient to Answer
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

the condition was same in first CMAt, i figured out 2-3 que in quant which had wrong options, wrote to them, but nothing happened..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Crazzika yeah i too faced dese errors..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@Supersub said:

@Crazzika would suggest u to contact these reporters of PG ..if u have sufficient students to back ur claim they might write an article on PG and other students may also join in !!!

Thanks a lot.......

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
http://www.pagalguy.com/badges/reporters
I would suggest u to contact these reporters of PG ..if u have sufficient students to back ur claim they might write an article on PG and other students may also join in !!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Supersub ......I have already written to AICTE........lets c.......i'll take ur advice and call them too......will keep posting if anything good happens.......hoping for the best.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Crazzika said:
@Supersub ...to make up for a reduction in cost we increase the consumption....and vise-a-versa. However, the question was about reducing consumption after cost reduction ......which is incorrectAlso.....there was a major mistake in the verbal question's options.....not just some missing letter........the whole sentence was incorrectly formed.
okk my bad regarding the first qn ..i approached as normal problems w/o reading it completely ...
in the 2nd one if all the options are incorrectly structured then yeah u r rite to go ahead with ur complaint ..do try calling them i wuld suggest 😃 ATB
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Supersub said:
hey i think the 1st qn is ok ...the answer would be 11.11% increase :see consider c as cost and q as qty suppose we have cq gives me the total amt i expend.suppose cq = 1 . Now c has reduced by 10% ..it becomes 0.9 c ..to make up for the cost means to keep the total amt const i.e 1 So we have 0.9 c x k q = 1 . As cq = 1 we have k = 1.11111 i.e the consumption has to be increased by 11.111 % And regarding the econd qn : Verbal qns are always confusing ..and moreso , these concln types ..there might be a right answer among the other options ..maybe they wanted to confuse us with that one option Neways this is my individual observation
@Supersub ...to make up for a reduction in cost we increase the consumption....and vise-a-versa. However, the question was about reducing consumption after cost reduction ......which is incorrect
Also.....there was a major mistake in the verbal question's options.....not just some missing letter........the whole sentence was incorrectly formed.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Crazzika said:
Hi,I appeared for the cmat exam conducted by AICTE on 24th February 2013 at 9:30am.However, I observed that 1 question in the quantitative ability and 1 in verbal ability sections had errors.The question were formulated as follows:Quantitative Ability:There is 10% reduction in the cost of a product.By how much should a consumer reduce his consumption to make up for the cost?Since both the lines are contrary there seems to be some typo error in the question.Also both answers (i.e. for 10% reduction and 10% increase) were listed in options.Verbal Ability:A small paragraph on difficulties in obtaining veteran's benefits was given and the suitable conclusion was asked.However, one of the enlisted option has a major sentence formation error which altered the meaning of that option.
hey i think the 1st qn is ok ...the answer would be 11.11% increase :
see consider c as cost and q as qty suppose we have cq gives me the total amt i expend.
suppose cq = 1 .
Now c has reduced by 10% ..it becomes 0.9 c ..to make up for the cost means to keep the total amt const i.e 1
So we have 0.9 c x k q = 1 . As cq = 1 we have k = 1.11111 i.e the consumption has to be increased by 11.111 %
And regarding the econd qn : Verbal qns are always confusing ..and moreso , these concln types ..there might be a right answer among the other options ..maybe they wanted to confuse us with that one option :)
Neways this is my individual observation :)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have written to aicte .....is there anything else we can do?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...