Engineering Services Exam 2014/2015

2 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Hello People, First a brief Intro to my Background;My Name is Vaibhav and I am a Mechanical Engineer (2011 / Mumbai University / 57.5 Agg). Now most of you Mumbaiwalas will agree that Mumbai University(MU) is a bad ass university and keeps a very ...
Page 1 of 1

Hello,

I am Electronics Comm. Engg. 2009 passout. Currently working as Probationary officer(PO) in Central Bank of India.In this PO job there is large amount of work, many risks involved and over that not much salary(27000/- approx.).As I will be 27 yrs. in Nov'14 ,I m eligible for Govt. xams with upper age limit 30 only.

I want to know comparison of Job profile/nature(fieldwork/deskjob etc. etc.), work culture , work timings(night shift or only day shift; 5 days or 6 days), promotion/growth in following -

1)UPSC engg. Services (Electronics)

(2)ONGC ; (3)SAIL ; -As Graduate trainee in these PSUs is the posting given in Plant only,if so (for how much time ) & are there any serious health hazards while working there , or u r also posted in other Regoinal/divisional offices .

(4) RBI grade B officer {also mention abt chances of selection/RBI's consideration for engg. Garduates}.

Plz. reply soon because I am thinking of taking leave(bit RISKY as under probation) of around 11 months for preparation of Engg. services. Thanks in advance in anticipation of reply

Thanks and regards,

Avinash

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello People, First a brief Intro to my Background;My Name is Vaibhav and I am a Mechanical Engineer (2011 / Mumbai University / 57.5 Agg). Now most of you Mumbaiwalas will agree that Mumbai University(MU) is a bad ass university and keeps a very good resistance near 60%, so there are limited number of people above that 60% mark. Imagine only 10-15% are above 60%. Similar is the case with our cousin university (Pune). While in other universities the worst student in the class scores ~62% and topper score 85+ (WTF!!).

In short MU Enggs ka value in Competition Preparations like GATE,PSU,IIMs = SHIT!

So we are left with Stupid jobs where you slog you ass off to earn peanuts (8000-15000) and add to that our because of favours from our 'political and economic pundits' the Economy is in the dump.

So here i am with my last chance to make it 'BIG', taki saari aunties ke muh pe tala lag jaaye ki "aapka beta kya kar raha hai? hamara Bittu toh IIT/IIM/US/GRE/PSU/MNC main hai"

Engineering Services Examination (earlier Indian Engineering Services)

This is an Exam conducted by UPSC (A body that makes IAS = collector = Desh ke jagirdar) and Main Criteria for ESE is that you have a degree in any 'core' branch (Mech,Civil,ElecTele,Electrical) of engineering with 50%+ aggregate (even MU walas can manage this). Earlier it was called IES but now it is ESE, why? kyuki UPSC says so. Now IES is Indian Economic Services toh jake apne commerce waale cousin ko bolo to prepare for that.

"So Vaibhav yeah ESE toh edkum halwa hoga, matlab sarkari naukri pakki! Sahi hai bhidu lets plan paisa kaha karcha karna hai..."

Ghanta! This exam is tougher than GATE (or atleast colloquial wisdom says so). Because it has Objective Questions (options a,b,c, or d) and Subjective Questions (Jaisa engg ka papers aata tha) as well as Indian GK, Current affair, History/Geography etc.

But is it impossible?
Do martians come and clear this exam?
Is it rocket science?
No and yes (depends on your branch =P).

Now, I come to the main point to starting this tread. Lets Plan/Unite/Assemble to slay the mighty beast that is ESE2014/2015. at the time of writing this article I have only a fragment of knowledge left from my engineering days left in me. So like many of you I am starting Fresh and will give ESE 2014 as a dry run (and matka lag gaya toh thread band =P) and 2015 as my serious attempt.

Kindly Share to the knowledge here =)

More Info (Outside links):
Think Twice, Always better than Paying twice
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...