Emlyon - European Master in Management

5 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
Hi,Just want to know if anyone has heard or applied to the European Master in Management from EmLyon Business School. Is the course worth pursuing? Thanks for even reading the thread :)
Page 1 of 1

@AN.JB
Hi Antoine... Can you tell me how good the placements and the avg salary were for the previous batches?? and now tht u r in How much are your monthly expenses amounting to (excluding tuition)... thnx..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi!

I am part of the European Master in Management (EMM) program in the first year that takes place at EMLyon Business School. The two main interesting things about this program are first that it is run not only by EMLyon BS, but also by the Ludwig-Maximilian-Universit채t in Munich and the Aston Business School in Birmingham with professors coming form all three. The second point is that we are a very international cohort (this year people come from 20 different countries in the cohort). These two points have convinced me to apply. Because you talked about rankings, EM-Lyon is the third school in France and 15th in Europe, LMU in Munich is the best university in Germany and Aston is quite well ranked too (here is a website with a lot of information in case you did not know it yet http://www.european-master.com/)

Now that I am in, I have to say the atmosphere is great and if you are part of it you will meet great people (I would advise you to be in the student residence to be always with other people from the class and, it can have some importance, be only a few minutes walk from your classroom ) Everyone is ready to help and share his knowledge, there is no competition at all. What is really great is that EM-Lyon tries quite hard to make this program as good as possible. There are sometimes some problems (making three schools work together is quite a challenge) but EMLyon puts a lot of energy into solving them as quickly as possible and preventing these problems from happening in the future. This program is still young but EMLyon is doing the right adjustments to try making it better everyday.

Another point I want to mention is that it is really open to people with very different backgrounds. I, for example, studied Physics before, but we also have a journalist, a biologist, a lawyer, engineers,... Some professors sometimes forget that but normally as soon as we remind them they adapt. Last point is that you have to be ready to work quite hard mostly if you have never studied any business administration before. There are quite a lot of things to learn and you have exams every two weeks, but with a good organisation, you can go out and have fun quite often.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey,

Yes i believe its ranked 15th by ft.
But their European master in Management programme is one of its kind and i was hopping if any alumni or anyone who knows a little bit about the programme could help share their views on its value.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I Just heard about EmLyon in recent MBA fair which happened in Bangalore. And i believe its one of the top 20 b school in europe.

Sacham
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,Just want to know if anyone has heard or applied to the European Master in Management from EmLyon Business School. Is the course worth pursuing?
Thanks for even reading the thread :)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...