Eller (University of Arizona) Fall 2010

108 Posts  ·  19 Users
About this group
Dear All: This thread is aimed at applicants interested in the ELLER MBA starting FALL 2010. Please feel free to share your profiles, comments, doubts and any other information that could be helpful. I'll start with myself:- Profil...
Page 1 of 11
hi,

I have got an admit for Eller-MS-MIS program and University of Miami MBA program. I am confused to pick between the two.

I have close to 5 yrs of IT experience
GMAT: 580
GPA:3.5
Toefl:104

Can anyone give your opinion on which one to pick??

Thanks,
ID

I also have a low gmat score but still want to give a try.In which other colleges you applied.It would be of great help if you can tell me few.

Gmat 550
work ex 4
FMCG company
1 year International work ex
I can speak French fluently and did a basic certification in spanish
Good extrac. at college level
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi,

I have got an admit for Eller-MS-MIS program and University of Miami MBA program. I am confused to pick between the two.

I have close to 5 yrs of IT experience
GMAT: 580
GPA:3.5
Toefl:104

Can anyone give your opinion on which one to pick??

Thanks,
ID

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Karthik.

I got an admit to Eller in R2. I am waiting for my admissions packet and then will proceed. I hope I get enough time in between for some more decisions too, but we will see.

I see you have joined the Google group. Thanks. Please also introduce yourself there and let anyone else know in your circle who is joining Eller to join the group.

All the best !

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey,

I will be making the initial payment either today or tomorrow... is there anyone else who has a Feb 28th Deadline to make the payment?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks Maverick! Please join the group - we can keep in touch and share information.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Yup - I am probably joining Eller. I am really interested in their MIS program and given my career goals in IT consulting, I think it is a good fit. However, there are some concern over placements as you may have seen in this forum already. I will have to talk to a current student to get the actual picture.

I dont have many options too - waitlisted in Tepper, Smith and dings from UT Austin and ISB. I am awaiting result from Krannert.

IT consulting is my goal too and that's why I applied to Eller ( great MIS program I've heard ). Placements have been a concern in all schools for last 2 years but before that, it has been great in Eller. Although, it's a good idea to talk to current students and do let me know too on what they say, specially int'l students. I am also trying to get in touch with some Eller alumni on LinkedIn who are working for organizations like Texas Instruments and all. I will keep you updated on the same. ALso, I trust FT rankings and Eller has been doing good there.

I have admits from Thunderbird and Univ. of Alberta too. And a ding from UC Irvine.

And I am waiting on COX, Kelley, Krannert and Sauder. Krannert would come very late and I am not sure of their MIS program but their Operations is the best. As of now, it's Eller for me.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi PlzDontDingMe

Congrats. So do you plan to join Eller ? How good is the school, as per you ?

I have an admit too after R2.

Maverick

Yup - I am probably joining Eller. I am really interested in their MIS program and given my career goals in IT consulting, I think it is a good fit. However, there are some concern over placements as you may have seen in this forum already. I will have to talk to a current student to get the actual picture.

I dont have many options too - waitlisted in Tepper, Smith and dings from UT Austin and ISB. I am awaiting result from Krannert.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I got an admit + GA in round 2 . Waiting for my admission packet for further details.
I have created a google groups http://groups.google.com/group/eller-2010 for all Indian admits.
Please join this group if you have received admit, even if you do not wish to join Eller.

Hi PlzDontDingMe

Congrats. So do you plan to join Eller ? How good is the school, as per you ?

I have an admit too after R2.

Maverick
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I got an admit + GA in round 2 . Waiting for my admission packet for further details.
I have created a google groups http://groups.google.com/group/eller-2010 for all Indian admits.
Please join this group if you have received admit, even if you do not wish to join Eller.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys !

I need your help. I am in quandry now. I have 3 admits :-

1. Eller - Univ. of Arizona ( no schol, one of the best for MIS)
2. Thunderbird ( 25% schol, best for IB)
3. Alberta, Canada ( awaiting schol details but will surely get good amount as conveyed )

I would eventually like to do IT consulting. I want to major in MIS with minor in Finance.

I am waiting to hear from COX, Krannert ( Purdue), Sauder and Kelley.

Assuming I hear from above mentioned 4 schools late (worst case scenario and my deadlines for the 3 admits is before that ), what should I do, as in where should I send my deposit ? Your suggestions.

Thanks.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...