Eligibility for an Executive MBA

11 Posts  ·  186 Users
About this group
I am a BCA graduate with 7 years of experience and hold couple of international certifications, ITIL, Prince2, PMP, CCNA and CCIE. I am working with a leading telecom company as a Project Manager. I am preparing for an Executive MBA (One year) but...
Page 1 of 2

Are candidates eligible for an MBA also eligible for an executive MBA?

2 comments
Balasubramanian949
@Balasubramanian949SOIL  ·  36 karma

@Deepthi_sharma Hi, Yes. The only difference between an MBA Aspirant and an Executive MBA Aspirant is that of a specific area of specialization taken up to focus on particular business development and growth managed by a professional. SOIL, Gurugram has proven to be one of the best institutions in business leadership and management. Check out their website on www.soilindia.net

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
Deepthi_sharma
@Deepthi_sharma  ·  3 karma

@Balasubramanian949 Hi, Bala. Thank you so much dude, I didn't know any of that. I guess it'll be easier for me if I'd take up the executive one. But thanks man!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What are the alternative specializations of leadership in business management? 

1 comment
AneetBamrah
@AneetBamrah  ·  3 karma

@Shalini_Jha1 There are many alternatives to Business Leadership Programs. It can be done in Human Resources, Sales Leadership and Leadership Alignment Programs. These are specific programs meant for professionals aspiring to take their business to a whole another level with skills to retain high potential employees, and big monies running in global economy along-side.  

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How is a qualification in Executive Education helpful in running a business successfully?

1 comment
Garima_V
@Garima_VSOIL  ·  10 karma

@Nandini_Gajapathy94

The Executive PGP in General Management is all about co-b........ng, customized post-graduation, leadership management and acquiring skills helpful in retaining high potential employees. It can be pursued as a part-time course that promises professionals a strongly built leadership pipeline and business network to those who don’t have a management degree. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What is an executive MBA? 

1 comment
Balasubramanian949
@Balasubramanian949SOIL  ·  36 karma

@Deepthi_sharma Executive Education is meant for professionals who wish to enhance their business leadership and management skills for a specific purpose depending upon their time suitability. These courses are different than Executive MBA courses and are far shorter than MBA itself. They could be short/long duration programs or global/certificate programs to choose from. SOIL, The School of Inspired Leadership has a good number of executive courses to pursue with a guided area of interest.  

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Just like MBA programs, fellowships program equip bright , young individuals with knowledge and the necessary practical experience in order to drive positive change in society.  

Young Global Business Leaders offered by Jindal Global University is a one year fellowship program that focuses on preparing leaders for tomorrow who can navigate the three most important axis of change which the business world will experience - Impact of Artificial Intelligence, Doing Business with China, and Increasing Pace of Innovation. Check out the details here -  http://ygbl.jgbs.edu.in/  

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Check the 15 month full time executive PGDM by FORE School here -  https://www.fsm.ac.in/15-month-full-time-executive-program-pgdm-pgpx  It  offers a unique opportunity for experienced middle-level working professionals aiming to take up leadership positions in their respective organizations or elsewhere in the industry 

Eligibility Criteria:

• Graduate from an AIU recognized University with minimum 50% marks and 5 years post qualification experience at Managerial / Supervisory level.
  • A valid score in CAT / XAT / GMAT/ FORE Admission Test (In the Month of July) is mandatory.
  • Selection through a structured admission process to be conducted by FORE School 
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Most of the mba for working professionals by reputed colleges like the ITM Institute require you to have atleast 5 years of industry experience. There could be age limit which nay vary based on the institute. You can check out the website of these colleges and know everything you want to know.

Visit Now - www.itm.ac.in/postgraduate-executivemba

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The eligibility for Executive MBA is that you have to complete graduation before entering into any MBA course and especially here the Executive MBA. ITM is the best college to do it alongside your job if you are currently working. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Psycho Test Coaching in Delhi 

Post 42773201607664
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I am a BCA graduate with 7 years of experience and hold couple of international certifications, ITIL, Prince2, PMP, CCNA and CCIE. I am working with a leading telecom company as a Project Manager. I am preparing for an Executive MBA (One year) but I have heard that most of the B schools require 16 years of formal education. Is it true?
Could you please help me in finding out the possible ways to bridge this shortcoming?

Hi Vivek
IMHO, 16 years of education will not be a hitch for Exec MBA. Even for a regular MBA, the additional 1 year (since most people finish graduation in 15 years) can be compensated for with your workex. You actually need to check whether your workex is sufficient for the E-MBA

European B-Schools = Sufficient
IIMA/C/L/I = Sufficient
IIMB = Not Sufficient. Although they mention 7 years as minimum, this years average was 10 yrs
Top 10 US B-Schools = Not Sufficient. 8 Years is the minimum requirement if you are going to work in the same company or at least in the same industry. 10 to 12 years if you aspire to switch industries.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...