Eligibility Criteria

7 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
can a throughout second division holder, working in a nice MNC (Logistics) for 2.8 years make it through a nice MBA College if he somehow gets a nice CAT or GMAT Score. will he be able to sit for the placements. Has anyone done it in the Past.
Page 1 of 1

I have a nepew who may not score average 50% in his BA Hons. ( History). What kind of MBA entrance tests he can write like CAT , MAT etc.? What all kind of colleges he can aim for ... like Narsee Monjee, Jagan , XLRI, IMI etc?

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

I am another second division holder.

10th: 70%
Diploma:80%
Degree(B.E):55%
EC: Good
Work ex: 6 Years (Have worked in the best IT companies with awards)
Do i stand a chance if i get good GMAT score of 680-700 in the second tier B-schools of US/Canada
Dear surd,

It is true that your percentage are quite low for top ranked b-schools, since expectation are 70 and above, however you can still have chances, since usually it depends on your overall profile and ability to perform well during the interview if there is such. In your case you would need to score really well in GMAT, if you can get around 700 you would still have chances. However even with the lower score you may give it a try as you never know how well the other details of you may look like. Unfortunately, if you score 600 only, that would be hard to make to the school. You should also check on the exact university and its programme requirement: would they accept CAT since b-schools usually prefer GMAT or GRE, so you do not take the wrong one. Also, relax and try to write a good motivation letter and perform very well during the interview. There is always a chance if you are striving for your goal.

Wishing you all the best,

Inga
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management http://www.frankfurt-school.de/content/de
thanks for replying my friend. My Percentages are 54% in 10th , 51% in 12th and 52% in graduation. CGPA of 2.98 in PGP diploma Marketing and IB from a very normal college. currently 2.7 years of work ex in a Logistics MNC, worked in operations and as a EA, currently joining consulting side supply chain. I have a good work Exposure. I never gave CAT or GMAT. do u think if get a nice score I can crack a nice college and would I be able to sit in the placements and eligibility criteria of 10th 12th ad grad would not trouble me(Thats what happened in the PGP program i did). What would be good for m CAT or GMAT preparation and what score will be good in both the test as per my Poor Academic background.
Dear surd,

What is your overall profile? Can you drop some short lines on your scores, transcripts and so on, would be easier to answer your query as admission depends on it a lot?

Thanks
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management http://www.frankfurt-school.de/content/de
am already an MBA (PGP) diploma holder from a non recognized institute with a CGPA of 2.98. Even if i clear CAT or GMAT will they let sit for the placements of there is again any criteria like merit or engineering etc.
can a throughout second division holder, working in a nice MNC (Logistics) for 2.8 years make it through a nice MBA College if he somehow gets a nice CAT or GMAT Score. will he be able to sit for the placements. Has anyone done it in the Past.