Elections 2009: A Perspective

4 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
[image] So much of it happened in the past few weeks when elections to the 543 seats of the Lok Sabha or The Lower House took place. These were the 15th Lok Sabha elections which ultimately decide who the Prime Minister or most importantly the '...
Page 1 of 1

To Admin:

Please delete this post as i have included mine here:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/chit-chat-your-interests/38502-elections-in-india-2009-democrazy-13.html#post1533578

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

I am sorry. I was unaware. I'll keep that in mind the next time i post. Thanks buddy.

Hey buddy... Grt to see your interest... But Plzz refrain from opening a new thread unnecessarily..there is already a thread for this.... kindly continue here:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/elections-in-india-2009-democrazy-25038502

So much of it happened in the past few weeks when elections to the 543 seats of the Lok Sabha or The Lower House took place. These were the 15th Lok Sabha elections which ultimately decide who the Prime Minister or most importantly the 'Executive Head' of the World's Largest Democracy will be. All sorts of things happened with so many candidates openly claiming the seat of Prime Ministership but the things though quite predictable delivered a shock in terms of the success achieved by the Congress party. The elections which is held after every five years was conducted in five phases and were well conducted - thanks to the Election Commission. The verdict of the people showed a trend that is not only significant but interesting as well. For the first time, the one-ness in the people of India for a stable and secular government was seen. The unusual trend favored national parties over the state parties and of course the feat of Congress in U.P. The clean image of Dr. Manmohan Singh showed everyone that the stability and secularism is here to stay and the leaders who are convicted of charges have no place to lead the nation. As i have said earlier also in one of my posts that for a government to showcase development it cannot do all the things in five years. It needs more than that so that its policies are not only executed but get matured as well to bring about the improvement. And that may be seen this time. Another thing that i could infer from the elections was that Congress defied the usual convention. In India, the parties are characterized by the leader and not the party as a whole or the manifesto of the party. But Congress, according to me, is characterized by not only Dr. Manmohan Singh but also many other people of the party on whom the people of India can trust such as Sonia Gandhi, Rahul, Chidambaram, Pranab Mukherjee, Priyanka and many others. So certainly that sends out a message to all that 'Team Spirit' matters and no one person can take a charge of the whole nation. It is the collective effort that brings about the desired change. I have always been a firm believer that people at the highest echelon should be learned and highly intellectual. The politics is no more the same. Just like everything, it has changed and is still evolving and the education is something that can have a big effect on how to incorporate this evolution. With the emergence of candidates like Mallika Sarabhai, Shashi Tharoor, Meera Sanyal and many others showed that politics is no more fun and needs to be taken seriously. With faces like Rahul Gandhi, Milind Deora, Sachin Pilot and others in the politics, it tells everyone that youth involvement is very much an essential part of it and it has the potency to be an active partner.

If the usual conventions keep on breaking then the time is not too far when the India can claim to be one of the top nations of the world.