RBI Grade B materials/mocks discussion.

77 Posts  ·  744 Users
About this group

To discuss particularly about RBI Grade B

Page 1 of 8

Hi...

Planning to buy ANUJJINDAL RBI GRADE B PHASE 1 & 2 COMPLETE course....

Anyone willing to share ?!?! Let me know asap....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which one is best for rbi grade b live classes course :-oliveboard or arun jindal or some other? (*oliveboard's price amount is lesser than any other site) and kisi ne oliveboard ka course buy kr rakha h, share karo review

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone has edutap rbi grade b phase 2 material?videos and mock test?please reply

2 comments
yoyostark2019
@yoyostark2019  ·  2 karma

+

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Tanvi217
@Tanvi217  ·  0 karma

?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Video Thumbnail43377517189905
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I believe you guys are seriously preparing for RBI Grade 'B' 2019. I have a good news to boost your preparation.

My friend Vinothini is one among the 166 candidates who have successfully cleared the RBI Grade 'B' 2018. She did it on her very first attempt. You can read about her preparation strategies for prelims, and mains, and interview experience in the blog post - https://karaikudikaran.com/career/how-to-get-into-rbi-as-a-grade-b-manager/

Hope, you guys find it useful. Cheers!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How to prepare for economics and financial management?

1 comment
rakeshchaudhary2431
@rakeshchaudhary2431  ·  4 karma

RBI 2018 Rank 3 Mohammad Ali"s Post on his FB page . Hope it will help .                 

Hello everyone, straight away I would like to apologize that it took me this long to post this but I have been so busy, you know resigning and stuff 

:Pthat it was hard to actually sit down and type all of this in one go. 
Here it is, the complete recount of my Journey to RBI, what I have learnt, what did I do well, what I could have done better and all that jazz will be in this detailed post. Read it in your own sweet time, Peace!

Background:
I am a 23 year old Economics graduate who is currently employed with Punjab National Bank as an officer, I don’t have any UPSC experience under my belt and RBI was the sole exam I was going after. It had always been a dream of mine to work at the RBI but I did know how to get there until I found out about the exam. I cracked the RBI 2018 with an AIR 3 as per an RTI enquiry by a candidate.

The exam:
I started preparing for this exam actively about 4 months prior to the exam, by actively I mean dedicating daily effort to wrap up the course and study specifically for RBI as I really wanted to work at the RBI.

I did subscribe to a coaching, but it is not necessary to subscribe to one in order to clear the exam. 
I used the coaching because I did not have enough time to go and build my own resource for studying as I was working in a full-time job with very difficult hours.

So I did not want to waste the precious time I had looking for stuff on the internet or reading various books simply because the time at hand did not permit it. So, the smarter choice was to study as much as you can with all the materials consolidated in one place, in that way a coaching stuff helps.

The first order of business is to know everything about the exam, having taken the exam once in 2017, I knew what I was getting myself into. So, all future candidates must take note that you should know everything about this exam even before you start studying, things like eligibility, phases of the exam, the syllabus, etc. For this the best source is the RBI website, and link to which is given below:

https://opportunities.rbi.org.in/scrip…/bs_viewcontent.aspx…

Now once we all know what’s up and what we are dealing with, it is time to get down to the actual grind,

Phase 1- ( GK hai bhai, Sab GK hai….aur thoda Maths bhi)

This phase is totally GK heavy, there are 80 questions from this section and by holy Zeus’ thunderbolt you need to score 50+ in this section to feel confident enough to ensure that you are moving on to the next phase. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS PHASE DOES NOT ADD TO YOUR FINAL SCORE BUT IF YOU DON’T CLEAR THIS PHASE, YOU WILL NOT EVEN HAVE A FINAL SCORE TO TALK ABOUT. So yeah, GK is important, I used two major sources for this phase’s GK prep and they are 1) Bankers Adda Monthly Hindu Review ( as it gives the perfect blend of Static GK and Dynamic GK) and 2) I used the GK compilations that I got from my Anuj Jindal coaching. They were more than enough for me to score well in GK section but there are other sources like Affairs cloud and GK today to use which are equally good and totally free the links are as follows:

https://www.bankersadda.com/p/mont.html

https://www.affairscloud.com/current-affairs-pdf-capsule/

https://www.gktoday.in/

Now once GK is done and dusted, it is time to deal with Maths, Reasoning and English sections of the exam, remember RBI has a sectional cut-off and that means one must show all round performance and needs to know the basics of all the sections. I felt confident with all the sections as I do have CAT training from the years gone by and I used my CAT material to prepare for the exam, I also used youtube to a major degree as it allowed me to revisit maths topics and practice reasoning sets which were commonly seen in banking exams and not in CAT. I subscribed to a mock series and took enough mocks to feel confident. I shall link the youtube channel I used down below and also write the names of the mocks I used for phase 1
Mocks used-
1) Practice Mock RBI 2018 PHASE 1 MOCKS 
2) Oliveboard RBI 2018 PHASE 1 MOCKS

Youtube Channel used:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSxd8i0Imrz3qwh0jyR1CcQ

this channel is a gem, no wonder it already has like a 1.2 million subscribers! 
Towards the end , please be very honest with yourself, if you are bad at math then don’t just avoid it, work on it, study it, and ensure that you are doing what RBI asks you to do to clear the cut-offs,
Also don’t get too caught up with attempts, like I need to attempt at least 120 questions or I am useless and useless preconceptions like that, REMEMBER, the PAPER DICATATES THE ATTEMPTS, If it is an easy paper, then attempts are close to 130, if it is a difficult exam, even 90 attempts will do the trick. So PLEASE just study and prepare with the help of mocks, your objective should be to improve every day and ensure that you clear the cutoff to make it to phase 2. You need not kill all 200 questions to fulfill those objectives.

*Phase 2 ( GA…..MORE GA……..EVEN MORE GA)*

This is the game phase of the exam, which a candidate not only has to clear it, but needs to do it with a margin in order to have hopes of being in the final list as the interview can go either way. This phase has 3 papers of 100 marks each, They are
1- Economics and Social Issues
2- English
3- Finance and Management 
I broke them down further, to study well:
1- Economics Issues
2- Social Issues 
3- English
4- Finance
5- Management 
By doing this I was able to properly give my attention to each area that needed to be studied and scored well in all areas to ensure selection, most candidates tend to neglect one or two areas and end up paying the price, it is better to prepare and collect material this way.

*Paper 1- Economics and Social*

Being an economics graduate does help but since this exam is very dynamic, it is to a great degree dependent on current affairs and this makes it so difficult to prepare as one is never certain about their preparation. An important thing to consider is the syllabus; RBI gives the syllabus for each paper and all candidates should prepare using that BUT when it comes to ESI you need to also prepare a whole lot of extra stuff. 
My number one GO TO SOURCE for GK was VISION IAS monthly current affairs docket and also their Vision IAS 365 review of economics and social affairs. Additionally I used the INSIGHTS ON INDIA Economics and Social Affairs booklet to study. I also used a lot of the GENERAL AWARENESS material that was provided by Anuj Jinal subscription.

http://www.visionias.in/resources/

https://www.insightsonindia.com/downloads/

Moreover another important area is the government schemes which the ESI paper asks in plenty, for this I only used one source and that was the Vision IAS government schemes compilation and studied it over and over.
An important thing to note is that we need to have few sources, but we need to study those sources well and only then try and look for additional stuff which we can find. Very often candidates collect too much to study and then don’t cover any of it well enough, so please have a primary source and then a secondary source.
Study the budget and the economic survey, that goes without saying, please cover both those documents well enough as not only does the survey and budget have question in the ESI section but it is extremely helpful when it comes to the essay in the English paper 2 and also when it comes to your knowledge in the interview round. So thoroughly prepare both these documents.

*Finance ( Stick to the syllabus)*

The notification gives a very defined and specific syllabus and it is of utmost importance that you stick to it, RBI is not looking for some finance Wiz Kid who is gonna go and start building complex financial models, what RBI is looking for is a good knowledge in the subject so that you are able to understand what is happening in the world of finance. 
In order to prepare for finance on your own, it is of vital importance that you know not to over work yourself and study too much, as it gets really difficult, really quickly. Me, personally, I used the entire study material from my coaching subscription for finance and it was more than sufficient for me and I covered in many times but for people who are looking to clear it without coaching, I would suggest that you use internet sources like this website called investopedia and khan academy’s youtube channel, links to both will be provided below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

https://www.investopedia.com/dictionary/

One major caveat before you start studying via the two sources is that both of them are very American and European centric in their explanation, so where as the concepts remain the same, there may be some differences when we apply them in our Indian setting and the candidate will need to resolve it on their own, this takes time so keep it in mind.
I did not use any books for my preparation so I will not comment on any books to be used, but other candidates did mention Khan and Jain AND/OR Bharti Phatak, I would think since these books have Indian authors it will be fairly useful for the Indian setting but as to what to study from them and what not I can’t comment as I did not really use any.

*Management ( Syllabus plus some new things)*

Just like Finance, a similar trend is to be followed to study management, one needs to stick to the syllabus and that’s all there is too it, but the important thing here is that candidates need to revise and read the theories and concepts multiple times and they are very very close to each other and the difference between two leadership theories can only be one word and that key word is used to build question so make sure one is thoroughly prepared. Again for this areas I used the Anuj Jindals material that was provided to me so I cannot recommend any particular books but I would think since it is so static in nature any of the books mentioned by RBI shall do the trick. However, if one was so inclined to study on their own for I can suggest many good management blogs and website that have tonnes of content and it is all arranged topic wise so that it helps in covering the syllabus:

http://www.technofunc.com/…/leader…/item/management-theories

https://hbr.org/

https://www.management-issues.com/

https://www.leadership-central.com/leadership-theories.html

And once we use google, it is pretty much on point. I would suggest candidates to google all topics and study the most useful content they find as per time and need.

*English:*

English is prepared alongside you current affairs as all the questions in are current affairs based and with the budget and survey, one can write enough. My advice to candidates is that they should first focus on organizing their thoughts and then actually putting it in writing. Since RBI asks you to type the essay, it is important that one is comfortable with typing and has decent speed. So practice by actually typing on a few essays and then ask someone to read it and see if they go what you wanted to convey via the essay.
Also Google how to structure an essay and how to write a précis so that you know exactly what RBI asks and you are ready for it. The major point for English is first, knowing how to write and then actually having some written practice prior to the exams so that one is comfortable. If people need topics to write on, they can google it, most top coaching institutes come out with like 30 probable topic which RBI could ask and essay on and such, so yeah start form there.

*MOCK TAKING:*

THIS IS OF CORE IMPORTANCE, TAKE A LOT OF MOCKS EVEN FOR PHASE 2 SO THAT YOU CAN PRACTICE AND STUDY ALONG SIDE THE MOCKS. TAKE MOCKS PLEASE. I personally used Olive board and Practice Mock phase 2 RBI grade B test series. The objective should be to revise what one knows and to study what one does not know via the mocks and build a question bank, once you go through 1000 questions one can feel confident enough that even if 10 to 15 of those or similar questions come in the exam it is a huge confidence booster. ALWAYS TAKE PLENTY OF MOCKS!

*Interview:*

Each interview is tailored to the candidate and is going to be very specific to the individual; Hence it is pointless to use someone else’s interview prep. I will give some basic points but from then on, each candidate needs to introspect and think of questions the panel could ask them and build answers according to that.

Interview Pro Tips
1- Be confident, even if you are not, then bloody well fake it till you make it
2- Smile, often with intent
3- Dress well and comfortably, there will already be a lot pressure on you, you need additional irritation 
4- If you don’t know an answer, calmly say no, don’t start sweating, that is not cool
5- If you are a working professional, make sure you know your current organization well and give it respect, do not say bad things about your employer in another job interview, it reflects poorly on your integrity, not on your employer
6- Prepare the classics questions like tell me something about yourself, or why RBI or what’s special about your hometown, you may not always get these freebies but when you do, it is bodes well that you are prepared for those questions too
7- Be very honest to yourself and never lie to the panel.
8- Have fun!

All the very best to everyone preparing!

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee,

Muhammad Ali

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which of the following is not true regarding the Common Minimum Programme (CMP) associated with PSUs?

Establishment of Department of Disinvestment
No disinvestment in profit making PSU
Revival of sick PSUs
PSUs to get commercial autonomy
1 comment13 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.
Video Thumbnail42844415364923
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone has rbi grade b summary sheets 2019 of edutap?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which is the best online available material for RBI Grade B examination :-

1. Anuj Jindal

2. Edutap

3. any thing else...

Please provide ur genuine suggestions ... I am a first timer with no prior experience of government examination

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
j1994ain
@j1994ain  ·  5 karma

Thanks a lot rakesh .... I think that since the grade b exam is not that popular as other equivalent exams ... we have a disadvantage of not having a complete vision of the exam as in more testimonies, better objective analysis, etc but also an advantage of lesser competition .... 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
rakeshchaudhary2431
@rakeshchaudhary2431  ·  4 karma

You are right ,competition is less as compared to exams like UPSC and advantages we have is that the syllabus is more defined and not like UPSC.The job is not popular but is extremely prestigious. The salary structure is also good and the work life balance and the smirk you have when you work for RBI is priceless. try watching more good videos on strategies by toppers and create your own strategy to clear the exam. I am mixing strategies by toppers to create my own.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...