Education....the best gift you can give

5 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
Dear all, Yet again my faith in humanity has been strengthened today.. During July-August 2009, I met a student who was in final year of BSc..His father is a bullock cart puller, one of his brother his a mason & the other one a tailor. ...
Page 1 of 1

Hello Prem Bhai and Puys..
Some wonderful incidents shared in the thread..
I would like to narrate this incident which touched me a lot...
I always wanted to contribute towards the society in some way but dint know where to start...I thought i should join some NGO or Should i do it individually..
As most of you would know that last year "JOY OF GIVING" week was held and I really wanted to be a part of it..I wasnt sure what i was going to do..Then one evening I decided I should give some food to the People who are homeless..
I am good at cooking..So I prepared some Food. I had bought some Plastic boxes and spoons. I packed the food in the boxes and went to a nearby Temple and found many people sitting at the steps begging..I gave the food to them.. It was really the most wonderful feeling I have ever got in life...

I am dissapointed that i cannot contribute in the same way always..
I am still not earning but I am sure I can contribute in a small way...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Prem Bhai and puys,

It was really nice to read the above posts,thought of sharing few things that left an impression in my mind, since I landed up at jharsuguda,orissa. a small incident that i wanted to share with you all.
It was one of the chilliest nite,and i was on my way to work. there was this old lady and her grand-daughter who clutched each other tightly,sitting on the bare-ground of a bus-stop. the old woman clung to the small girl,but she herself wore tattered clothes and shivered in the cold. the small girl watched her grandma and cried. the sight of it just brought tears to my eyez,and i removed my coat and gave it to her.
the old lady stared into my eyes,and she broke into tears.she touched my forehead and almost hugged me.the small girl smiled. it was a smile, i really can never forget. that nite,under my shift we had the best production in the plant.it was the happiest day since i had arrived here.

a small action of kindness,something which can bring a smile to someone's face or we are able to wipe off the tears from one's eyez,that feelin is something out of this world. from that very day on,me and frenz have started tutorin few poor-students,the old lady's daughter is ever der . after a tirin day at work, this is the thing which really re-energizes us.

prem bhai and puys,m ready to help u all in every possible manner,let it be donating books,contributin some amount of money etc. i realize this feeling is unique and cannot be achieved even when i get thru an IIM.

hope we all contribute our part.
cheers,

dipankar

Hope is a good thing, May be the best of things
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Prem Bhai and Love_CAT...

It was late in the night and i was about to sleep...but before doing that..i just thot of checking into Pagalguy...and found this thread...and shunning all my sleep..i'm here to write about an incident which probably does not concern Education,per se ! but did make me learn more about human values..

It happened to me some 3 days back and it's still vivid... after attending a brainstorming session on FMS..i came out of the Career Launcher Centre..here in Lucknow...Was standing at the Bus stop,waiting for the bus to come..it was getting dark and cold..add to it the slow breeze..which make me shiver even more...

Later i learnt that Evening was the coldest Lucknow had witnessed thus far...

Anyways coming back... I had one of my friends with me..who was also to head back home...We were so engrossed in our talks that we failed ( read..I ) to notice a young boy ( 15 or something ) .resembling a ragmuffin ... lying on the Bus stop floor...The moment i saw him..my eyes got stuck at it...

I hate someone begging...i actually don't dislike them but hate that Can God be that Injust ? ...

Anyways... i had some money with me but my sister had demanded that i buy her a DVD of a recent movie..and if i fail to get it that day she wouldn't let me in the house... well, sisters are like that ..loving and demanding...

But his plight couldn't resist me from shelling out some 20 bucks and also asking my friend to add to the total...we added up to some 40 bucks and i then asked my friend to give it to him so that at least he gets a proper diet for once...

My friend took the money and went to him..he was sitting crouched and ragged...In that chilling January evening..all he had on his whole body was a piece of Shirt and a pyjama...And i could feel that he must be feeling very cold...

As i watched my friend go over to him..i had this fleeting thought..which my father always told me about...Poverty is the biggest crime in the world..if you are poor you get the worst punishment...

But suddenly i noticed something...As my friend offered him the money..the boy dint show a response..as if he didn't care what we were giving him...My friend pressed further..but he was unmoved..that boy dint even look towards my friend..he seemed so oblivious to things around...I took no time to realise that the cold had blocked his mind and made him so numb that he couldnt respond to people...his Agility of mind was missing...

That was a moving sight...someone so poor and tattered was not taking genuine help being offered to him and was not shivering even by the slightest extent when we were all had put on some 3-4 layers of warm clothes over us...and were still shivering...

That boy never took the money...but as an element generosity was in us..we called the nearby Chai walah and asked him to offer him food until that 40 rupees stock gets over...He agreed to it and we came back home...

Next day i had my FMS exam..I had to go to my exam centre through that way and as i reached that spot i looked for that boy...but never found him...

I still havnt found him...but have always prayed that he gets the best..and if not..atleast he survives this cold...

Our parents have given us the best to eat..to study and to make a living...

Why can't we give back something of us to the society...to the ones who need it the most...

And I wnt mind losing a part of my fortune..if this goes to help someone who really needs it...

Prem Bhai..i'm not working..Im still in my final year of engineering But would very happily like to contribute something out of my pocket money...

Looking forward to hearing from you on this...

Regards,
Amit
Find me here : https://www.facebook.com/amit.sriv
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have not started incoming yet but the priceless mental satisfaction touched my heart a few days back. Prem vaiya, I certainly understand your words.
Though it was a little different format.

Few days back I was coming from a hospital(my grandmother was admitted at there). I was standing in a queue in front of the ticket counter and people were busy in purchasing tickets. Certainly I noticed few women, standing near the counter, urging people to buy at least one coupon of worth 10 rupees. People waring suits were so busy that they hardly found time to pay heed attention and neva helped them. I was flummoxed. Waited there and heard their speech. They are going to help the poor and bright school children, on 26th January, who secured good marks. I had only 20 rs in my pocket. I have given that to them. I will be joing there on 26 th as well.

Even today I feel something different. I have no regret that I could helped them by only 20 rs but I regret that, people having all don't think about these fighting people.

I feel we are God gifted ,have completed our studies and moved in life without seeing those nights when people fight with one another to have food from the dustbin.

If we were like them and no one helped us, we had to leave our studies midway, then??
We have to enlarge our helping hand.
Our little sacrifice can make a huge difference in their life.
And that mental satisfaction you never get out of material things.

We puys, have proved we are the best for umpteen times, in different fields. When it's about helping people we are insanely different at their too..

I am about to join and already decided to do something for these people.

Thanks to prem vaiya to open this thread. Puys, whatever you can do. Do for them.
Once one of our fellow puys said,"Give your best to society, and the best will come back to you."
Bring them in light.Spread your love.
God bless!!

Thank you and regards,

IIFT|| Batch of '13-'15||IMF(Student Council),Joint Media Coordinator
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear all,

Yet again my faith in humanity has been strengthened today..

During July-August 2009, I met a student who was in final year of BSc..His father is a bullock cart puller, one of his brother his a mason & the other one a tailor.

Having struggled a lot in his life, this person is a class topper with 87% (till second year). But his fatherm unable to pay the fees of Rs.13000/- asked him to discontinue his studies & become a mason.

Learning this I paid up the fees & this person today has been placed in TECH MAHINDRA through Campus placements..

I have decided that I will select 3 students myself every year & support them financially for their education..

Through this thread, Iam requesting all those earning puys to contribute (either through me, IF YOU TRUST) or just form a group of 10-15 from your city & choose a student who is in need & support his studies...

Believe me, the satisfaction I have got today is priceless...

Lets do it..Rs.13-15K is nothing but, 15 dinners in a hotel or 10-15 shirts or a costly watch what you buy..Iam not asking you to put the complete stuff, 1000 per head, 15-20 people, you can give life to some one...

For any further guidance PM me

Success retained me as a boy, but failure(s) made me a man IIM Calcutta - Class of 2012
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...