Education gap

10 Posts  ·  9 Users
About this group
hi i am b.tech 2009 passout.I prepared for cat 2009 but could not get through.Now i want to prepare for cat 2010 but i dont want to waste ma year.Till I get job what are the courses i should do that fortify my profile for getting into iim.Please s...
Page 1 of 1
anniee167 Says
hi i am b.tech 2009 passout.I prepared for cat 2009 but could not get through.Now i want to prepare for cat 2010 but i dont want to waste ma year.Till I get job what are the courses i should do that fortify my profile for getting into iim.Please suggest what should i do.

Please don't open a new thread for a specific query. Go through the PG rules and learn how to search for an appropriate thread:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/rules-posting-guidelines-reloaded-25001863
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/how-to-search-on-pagalguy-to-find-information-you-are-looking-for-25040724

You can go through this thread, should be helpful:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/certifications-for-profile-building-25015990

@ Mods,
Please close this thread.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
@ Progeny

how joining NGO would help???.....

i think joining an NGO along with learning foreign lingo will definitely add to your profile but they are still not sufficient.

its better if you take a full-time job or pursue some qualification like CS or CFA etc. they will look goodon your profile
Takes CAT just for fun...
@ Progeny

how joining NGO would help???.....
I guess foreign lingo course is not a good reason alone for sitting Idle.Just join any coaching institute or say any NGO.U can do some entrepreneurship(small scale).Its almost an year now.Do things that add value 2 ur profile.

Regards..

and wat if we couple the full time language course(chinese) with some part time ngo work????

This season has been worst for me i am planning to go for cat 2010.My query is i am fresher pass out in 2009 with no work exp and my academics is on negative side.I vacillating between 1 year diploma from university which is related to domain which i am planning to opt in MBA or Find a job.But when I introspect i think i can't do my prep and job together my query is whether 1 year diploma or 8 month work exp will be better considering my poor academics

I guess foreign lingo course is not a good reason alone for sitting Idle.Just join any coaching institute or say any NGO.U can do some entrepreneurship(small scale).Its almost an year now.Do things that add value 2 ur profile.

Regards..

Those Gnomes swayed my heart again.Oh dere!I shalt not array clamour.

good thread
i am a 2007 passout..worked in Cognizant for 2 yrs and resigned the job to study for cat in last july.....i was almost doing nthing for thepast 1 yr.....
i attended many interviews and no interviewr grilled on it...it all depends on how u tackle the quest in the interview....u should not get frightned if some one ask something abt it...at the end it is ur life and u will obviously make the best use of every min....if u couldnt earn a job / something which ur expecting would help u in interview , just be frank and tell the reason.......
only confidence matters in these kind of scenarios...!
even Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose is idle many years preparing and understandin the military systems.......ur idle to know what u want..and to try what u like !...being confident is important.....
if u like reading novels / politics..then do it for one yr and parelelly prep for CAT..and tell the same in the interview.....!

@Abhishek_karn

i am planning to go for foreign language course .......would that be beneficial??

@anniee167
go for some certification courses in ur area of interest or luk out for some part time jobs that uses ur present set of skills. ATB

hi i am b.tech 2009 passout.I prepared for cat 2009 but could not get through.Now i want to prepare for cat 2010 but i dont want to waste ma year.Till I get job what are the courses i should do that fortify my profile for getting into iim.Please suggest what should i do.