Durham MBA 2010/2011 admits

35 Posts  ·  17 Users
About this group
Hi Guys, I have been made an unconditional offer from Durham Business School for its full time MBA course starting Sep-2010. Before accepting the offer would like to discuss the positive/negative aspects regarding the uni and the course.... ...
Page 1 of 4

I got an offer for durham 2012 MBA....anybody else who got the offer????/

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all,

I have 2.4 years of work ex now.. in IT field.. I would like to know if I can apply for an MBA @ Durham.. Am I eligible.. When is the next intake?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,

Couldnt access this thread after I started it...
Well, I am coming to Durham for my MBA studies this September. I am reaching Durham on 18-Sep-2010. Initially i neglected the University accomodation, but now I tried contacting the university guys for the accomodation and according to them its already full for this year. I am now looking for private accomodation. Let me know if anyone else is planning for private accomodation and how are you arranging it.

Eager to get to know each other before we actually meet up there:)

I am from Bangalore. Currently working for Infosys and having 5 Yrs of experience in IT.

Feel free to contact me on mohan14683#gmail.com/yahoo.co.in(orkut).

Cheers,
Mohan

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi guys i will be in durham on sep 13 for my MBA .I am also looking out for private accomodation.You can reach me in heyram.be@gmail.com.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I will be applying for my visa next week.. I am planning to be in Durham by the 13th of next month...what about u?

@Rahul

I'll be joining the September 2010 session and have booked my accomodation at Ustinov since that is the place where most of the PG's live...hve u applied fr the visa?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi all....any1 joining durham this sep/oct? i am joining for oct and am looking for private accommodation on sharing basis since it will work out cheaper. Any1 booked accommodation or looking for roommates/flatmates please IM me or mail me..!! thanks a ton..!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@Rahul

I'll be joining the September 2010 session and have booked my accomodation at Ustinov since that is the place where most of the PG's live...hve u applied fr the visa?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This is a RECENT INFORMATION.. that I've got from a current IIM-A student.

"Hello,

Indian Institute of Management - Ahmedabad,Banglore & Calcutta (A,B & C ) is looking for tying up with Durham Business School one of the finest Business School in UK (Press report).The IIMs are considered the top business schools in India. All the IIMs are completely autonomous institutes owned and financed by the Central Government of India. In order of establishment, the IIMs are located at Calcutta (Kolkata), Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Lucknow, Kozhikode (Calicut),Indore,and Shillong. They offer post-graduate courses in management (equivalent to an MBA), fellowship programmes in management (equivalent to PhD), executive MBA and industry based programmes. Indian Institute of Management Calcutta was the first Indian Institute of Management to be set up. It was established as the first national institute for post-graduate studies and research in management by the Government of India in November 1961, in collaboration with MIT Sloan School of Management, Government of West Bengal, Ford Foundation and the Indian industry. IIM Calcutta is a fully autonomous institution and offers several Post Graduate and Doctoral programmes, as well as a bouquet of Executive training programmes. Its a great privilege to the IIMs as they are going to tie up with Top business school of Global repute like Durham Business School.

Durham Business School is in the top twenty business schools in Europe in the latest FT global MBA rankings. The school rose six places to 74th position in the world and up one place to 12th in the UK, where it is also in the top three for value for money. The school has triple accreditation: AACSB, AMBA (Association of MBAs) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System). EQUIS accreditation demonstrates that the Schools activities are of a very high quality, but also that the School has a very strong international dimension. All of our MSc programmes have CFA recognition through our partnership status with the Institute.IIMs and Durham Business School already have tie up with few renowned Business schools like European Business School, Frankfurt Germany.

It will give Indian management education global touch having tie up with some global business school.

Thanks,
---XYZ---,
IIM-Ahmedabad,
India"

This reflects the TRUE-VALUE of Durham MBA in India.. specially after an MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with the IIM-brand, the Possibilities of Landing a Good-job in India (with the Durham-MBA), would become a reality.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This is a RECENT INFORMATION.. that I've got from a current IIM-A student.

"Hello,

Indian Institute of Management - Ahmedabad,Banglore & Calcutta (A,B & C ) is looking for tying up with Durham Business School one of the finest Business School in UK (Press report).The IIMs are considered the top business schools in India. All the IIMs are completely autonomous institutes owned and financed by the Central Government of India. In order of establishment, the IIMs are located at Calcutta (Kolkata), Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Lucknow, Kozhikode (Calicut),Indore,and Shillong. They offer post-graduate courses in management (equivalent to an MBA), fellowship programmes in management (equivalent to PhD), executive MBA and industry based programmes. Indian Institute of Management Calcutta was the first Indian Institute of Management to be set up. It was established as the first national institute for post-graduate studies and research in management by the Government of India in November 1961, in collaboration with MIT Sloan School of Management, Government of West Bengal, Ford Foundation and the Indian industry. IIM Calcutta is a fully autonomous institution and offers several Post Graduate and Doctoral programmes, as well as a bouquet of Executive training programmes. It's a great privilege to the IIMs as they are going to tie up with Top business school of Global repute like Durham Business School.

Durham Business School is in the top twenty business schools in Europe in the latest FT global MBA rankings. The school rose six places to 74th position in the world and up one place to 12th in the UK, where it is also in the top three for value for money. The school has triple accreditation: AACSB, AMBA (Association of MBAs) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System). EQUIS accreditation demonstrates that the School's activities are of a very high quality, but also that the School has a very strong international dimension. All of our MSc programmes have CFA recognition through our partnership status with the Institute.IIMs and Durham Business School already have tie up with few renowned Business schools like European Business School, Frankfurt Germany.

It will give Indian management education global touch having tie up with some global business school.

Thanks,
---XYZ---,
IIM-Ahmedabad,
India"

This reflects the TRUE-VALUE of Durham MBA in India.. specially after an MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with the IIM-brand, the Possibilities of Landing a Good-job in India (with the Durham-MBA), would become a reality.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,

I have just confirmed my acceptance to Durham. Wanted to reach out to people who will be attending the MBA from fall of this year. Any idea of accommodation ? The school has suggested Ustinov, is that where everyone is staying ?

regards
Rahul

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...