Doing PGDM from IIM after doing MBA(from an average Bschool)

21 Posts  ·  92 Users
About this group
Hi All, I have done my MBA (marketing) from an average Bschool in Kolkata in 2011. Post MBA, I have a work experience of 18 months and counting. Pre MBA, I have a work experience of 8 months. I have appeared for CAT 2008 and scored 82 pe...
Page 1 of 3

I am doing my MBA from a tier 3 college in Kerala and had high hopes that the institute doesn't matter as long as the performance is exceptional. But reading through the comments I feel like I wasted 2 Years of my life for nothing. Is my MBA degree going to hold me back from getting into a good company even if I can perform well in the interviews ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

If I do a Pgdm from Imt ghazibad , distance learning center, will I be able to do an MBA later on? as the IIM's also offer a PGDM degrre. Also is the PGDM in marketing from IMT ghaziabad any good?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@surd

Nice to see this thread. Can a throughout second division holder, working in a nice MNC for 3.8 years make it through a nice MBA College even if he somehow gets a nice CAT or GMAT Score? Will he be able to sit for the placements?Has anyone done it in the Past?I am already an MBA (PGP) diploma holder from a non recognized institute with a CGPA of 2.98. Even if i clear CAT or GMAT will they let sit for the placements of there is again any eligibility criteria for 10th, 12th and Graduation etc. The same question will hold for PGPX.

generally the top 3 iims do not call those who don't have 80 percent and more marks throughout their academic life even if they score 99+ in cat. a friend of mine wrote cat twice and both the times scored 99+ in cat. in acedemics he has always scored above 70%. he graduated from iit but even after all this he didnt get a call from the top 3 iims. because even the companies which offer high packages to the students of iims want their students to be exceptional. so if the iims don't get such quality students then they can't stay on top

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi I am also thinking of such option coz my current PGDM degree doesn't got my dreams fulfilled though it was a good college still it lost in the long run and here i am with almost same package as my frnds who dropped the idea of mba.

now i am left with a question that should i invest again for a IIM PGDM or TOP University program or let my career go as it is OR should try for some basic jobs at govt sector.

P.S. i am an engineering graduate with good subject knowledge but only 58% in 12th hence cant get a good job at an MNC. now running in finance division post MBA-Fin .

plz reply
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have another sub question to the topic : I am an MBA in Marketing + 3 yrs work ex. Wanting to shift to finance. Is it possible?

lets put a smile on that face :-)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

i too am in the same boat...trying to make sense of all the harakiri going around

lets put a smile on that face :-)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Ananda2012 Check following Link..Manger Jobs in MOIL Limited, Nagpur, December 2012
http://www.govtjobindia.com/2012/12/manger-jobs-in-moil-limited-nagpur.html
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Nice to see this thread. Can a throughout second division holder, working in a nice MNC for 3.8 years make it through a nice MBA College even if he somehow gets a nice CAT or GMAT Score?

Will he be able to sit for the placements?

Has anyone done it in the Past?

I am already an MBA (PGP) diploma holder from a non recognized institute with a CGPA of 2.98. Even if i clear CAT or GMAT will they let sit for the placements of there is again any eligibility criteria for 10th, 12th and Graduation etc. The same question will hold for PGPX.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Everyone,

I am pretty much in the same situation at the moment.

Do colleges like Jamnalal bajaj, IIMs , S P jain and XLRI reject candidates because of this ?

Is it wise to mention abt ur mba degree during the placements ?

An honest reply would really help..

Thanks & Regards
Sima
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

An distance mba program can fit for working professionals!

Avagmah http://www.avagmah.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...