Does Training period count as work experience?

5 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Sorry if this question has been asked here before... This is my story. Finished UG with mech engineering degree in 2007 and worked in Cognizant for 11 months. then i decided to switch industries and joined a fertilizers manufacturing company....
Page 1 of 1
bhow bhow Says
hey guys this is manisha...I am 2011 passout....Btech EC...got placed in tech mahindra...still hav not joined...i m likely to join in april mid....so my humble question is will it be considered a drop?how it is gonna affect my CAT if m planning to give CAT this year....plz guys reply....I seldom get reply for my queries here.....reply... :-)

Dont worry....It wont affect ur chances at all
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hey guys this is manisha...I am 2011 passout....Btech EC...got placed in tech mahindra...still hav not joined...i m likely to join in april mid....so my humble question is will it be considered a drop?how it is gonna affect my CAT if m planning to give CAT this year....plz guys reply....I seldom get reply for my queries here.....reply... 😃

thanks rockyb. hoping to present it at the interview and essays well

It is counted as work ex, but what you can write home will matter.

Sorry if this question has been asked here before...

This is my story. Finished UG with mech engineering degree in 2007 and worked in Cognizant for 11 months. then i decided to switch industries and joined a fertilizers manufacturing company. I have been here for 15 months. In the mean time i had prepared intensely for GMAT and then let it slack off due to work pressure. Now i'm working on my GMAT again

The problem here is my work experience. While quitting from the software industry i was still a trainee (i had quit just 20 days before my probation period ended). and by the time i'm planning to quit here, i will still be a trainee (the training period here is 1.5 yrs). But this is more sort of a management trainee unlike the previous one, where i was a programmer analyst trainee...

So my question is does my work experience has any value, if it is just a training period (albeit in two industries and two different capacities)? and is this a strength, cuz i've actually been in 2 industries?

Thanks and Regards