DMS-IIT Delhi 2006 GD/PI calls,discussion...

283 Posts  ·  78 Users
About this group
Hey PGites and future DMS-IITD managers, post your GD/PI calls and will let you know what and how to go about preparing exclusively for DMS-IITD's. Hope to help you guys in the best possible manner and answer all the queries regarding the same. ...
Page 1 of 29

wen r d results gng to b declared??

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
hi guys ,

Good to see a lot of experiences shared to far. Before i share my experience , just wanted to thank all the seniors.. Naval, yogendra, marut,abhimanyu, sajujohn (will not forget ur directions on how to get to places in the campus !! ) and others whose names i've forgotten !! Thanks for the hostel facilities, and offcourse i cant forget the great meal I had at KL's in campus, it was superb...

GD/PI Experiences in my next post....

Mahesh.

Everyone, pls post ur experiences at http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/dms-iitd-2006-experiences-25013514

hi guys ,

Good to see a lot of experiences shared to far. Before i share my experience , just wanted to thank all the seniors.. Naval, yogendra, marut,abhimanyu, sajujohn (will not forget ur directions on how to get to places in the campus !! ) and others whose names i've forgotten !! Thanks for the hostel facilities, and offcourse i cant forget the great meal I had at KL's in campus, it was superb...

GD/PI Experiences in my next post....

Mahesh.

IITD Experience was really good specially all the warm support of the Seniors(not limiting to Naval and Madhur of course !!) both at PG and also all through the procedure.

Hope the results are as rosy as it seemed after the procedure.

I wud like to thank all the seniors. Yogendra, Abhimanyu, Sumit, and all have made it a pleasant experience to us (Pls forgive me for I am not able to recollect other names). If what I heard abt how haphazard the last time process was, are true, I really had no hint of any such thing this time. Rt from the time I landed in IITD till the time I left, we were made to feel completely at home. Thank u all seniors for such wonderful experience and gyaan...

Thanx for everything guys.. it was mindblowing and overwhelming response!!!

Hope for a good career for you guys.. all the very best for other interviews.. Crack it..

ATB..
Naval.

hi ppl,
i had gd/pi on 10th, mite be late for sum but anyways. gd topic was " income tax is a necessary evil ". got a first hand exp. of wat is a fish market. tried comin once twice but felt as if everyone was out to get me, thot i wont be able to make a single point but eventually was able to make a few decent points. this was sumthin which no amount of preparation can help. also to help in my group, we had a nice cartel of 3 ppl who had nice loud voices, tht helped ??: anyways, after gd, pi was ok. i dont know if it went good or bad cuz it got over in 5mins. no questions on acads, no "why mba" "why dms" type questions. the panel was very friendly n chill. as a senior frm dms said, they all were finance faculty. so they kept askin me finance related questions for which i gladly said" i'm sorry" asked abt sensex n IPO scam. then it was over. irrespective of how d whole process was, the senior students were very helpful.
DMS rocks!!

hi all!!

had my gd/pi today, was in 9.30 batch, reached well in time. the gd started at something like 11 am. the topic was "astrology is a great science" yours truly was fourth person to enter. the group didn't have much to discuss, we pretty much revolved around y it is not a science! was scared after reading previous experiences that my gd too will turn into a fish market, that didn't happen, almost everyone got 1-2 chances to speak, i poured in 3-4 times:)(good consideribg that everyone was speaking n u had to literaly steal a chance). at some points it did get hot with 2-3 ppl speaking at the same time but i suppose my group was courteous n "shaant" one as order was restored within 4-5 secs every time. at one point of time i thought of something and entered very strongly with "i think friends we are not dealing with the topic in a structured way maybe we can approach the issue in two different ways....." OH MY GOD! what the hell...i was blank...what did i wanna say, but somehow made 2 points again and kinda pulled it off. that was it about the GD. as said earlier by the ppl ...the moderators didn't really seem interested in the GD so i think things hang a bit more on PI.

before i go ahed i am a fresher with BE in Electronics&communication;

as for PI had 3 ppl on the panel, don't know who they were so will address them as A B C n myself as M.(before entering the room i asked the senior as to if the panel is "khatarnaak", he jus said that they will probably grill more on technical knowledge)

i entered , they offered the seat, n then...

B: so u also from DCE, we have had quite a lot of ppl from DCE today

M: yes sir we have around 20-30 ppl who have got call from iitd.

B:so aren't u ppl missing classes coz of this gd/pi?

M: no sir we are having a break for our training?

B: ok...where r u doin ur trainin?

M: drdo

B: what are u working on?

M: image processing n biometrics

B: so why r u doin image processing in DRDO how are they related?

M: sir for security purposes, when the technology is mature enough will b used in defence establishments

C: but dont u think if person places finger in different ways its difficult to match n also someone can take a fingerprint n use it?

M: explained that tech in nascent stage so will have to use some survillence right now.

C: how would u ensure security?

M: gave gyan on how v r working on this, named a few hi fi filters n techniqes we use and loaded it with some image processing jargon.

C: (trying to throw a googly) can u draw circuits for some of those filters?

M: :wow::wow::wow:sir i can draw basic filters but these are established n tested filters n v use them as is n dont really go into circuits (arre yaar sainkdo transistor use karne wale filters ke circuit kaun bana sakta hai?)

A: u have written in sop that u want to develop as a manager n leader. is there any difference between two?

M: sir mangers arent alwz leaders but leaders r alwz good managers also a leader should have the quality to take the team ahead with him and work coordially.

A: (interrupting me) how will u work coordially n take them ahead?

M: sir i was just comming to it...gave loads of gyan from my personal experiences of event organization where i was manager sometimes n leader sometimes.

A: (looking impresses, at least it seemed to me that he was impressed) great!

A: so is vice president of a company a leader?

M: sir he may not necessarily be a leader

B: one final thing, we think u r more of n R&D; guy than management guy?

M: (ok another googly, lagta hai zada image processing padha di) sir i would like to take 2 mins for explaining this... chipped in with managerial event organization participation n winning n haow i will blend my techy skills with managerial skills. bahut gyaan diya :satisfie::satisfie:

A B C: ok thank u

M: thanku

that was it...seems to be n ok interview, hope this will help u guys.

i got panel 5, one of my friends from college got some other panel, they heavily grilled him on enviornmental policies(he is from enviornmental engg) he couldnt answer much, was feeling that ther screwed him big time...so a lot depends also on panel...ALL THE BEST GUYS!!

hey friends...

I had my IITD GD/PI today...many familiar faces made my exp a good one...

first there was a presentation...which was impressive...then some photography...with 'pathshala' song in the background...

after that we were divided in the grp of 12...mine was the 4th one...

We were asked to select our GD topic...two three guys asked for some Social topics...so finally the panel gave us.."Women are poor managers". there were 4 girls in the grp ...the GD went mast...no fishmarket...but there were 2 guys , very aggressive...were cutting everyone...I made 2-3 entries...most of them were examples...

Then, PI...I was alloted the panel 4....

I am a MECHANICAL ENGG FRESHER....

There were three people: PI, P2 and P3 and myself M
P2: tell us about urself
M: rata hua answer
P2: You have dropped one yr for MBA prep...what all calls do u have...
M: told them...
P2: which will u choose...and why
P2: You have mentioned in ur SOP about SIX SIGMA...what is that...
M: one more rata rataya ans...
P2: r u sure???
M: yes sir (I was'nt)
P1: do u read newspapers??
M: Yes...
P1: tell us yesterdays headlines...
M: told them
P1: U said that one of ur project has been implemented in Maruti (my final yr project)...tell us about that
M: told them....my fav ques...
P2: Some ques about Swift...
M: gave a good ans...
P3: u have worked with two biggest automobile manufactures of India(I did my training in TATA MOTORS, Jamshedpur and Project in MARUTI)...which is better???
M: Maruti
P3: Why??
P3: tell us in %age terms the automation level in Maruti...
P3: How much stakes our Indian govt have in Maruti...
M: (trying to test my GA)...I said 0....
P3: r u sure??
M: yes, it had 8%, but last month the govt sold them...
P2: If u convert all of ur calls...which one will u choose...
M: Told them...
P2: Is there anything u want to ask...???
M: I asked...is there any difference in MBA from IITs and MBA from other institutes...
P2:...told me something...
P2: thank u...u may leave now...
M:...thank u sir...

In all...for me it was a nice exp...people were nice and helpful...

I met phi_davinci and ocean_blues....nice people...

IITD rocks

Hi All

Profile :
Computers , 2 years work x
JMET Rank 133

I had to report at 9 30 am.... reached there well in time (knew the exact route due to last year's unsuccessful interview..:neutral: )... Saw the PPT and hoped that I too can be part of the 2006-08 Masti ki paathshaala....

As per the GD:
Topic : Environmental Concerns hamper economic growth....

The person who started the discussion miserably failed to give any structure abt what we were goin to discuss for the next 13 minutes...I took over from him.. And gave some gyan abt different kinds of Pollutions...kyoto protocol... etc....

but after I cud spk for arnd 30 sec.... the whole grp started to pound.. And the rest 13 minutes as they say .... "Fish Market"...
One of the participants even suggested that y dont we ppl just stop discussing ... and spk solo for 30 sec each....huh:satisfie: :satisfie: .... bad idea... but the fish market continued...

Didnt feel too gud abt the GD... (just that I got those 30 sec in beginning to spk)

Interview:
Panel 3--- P.K.Jain(PKJ),Mrs Sharma (S).. two more Profs... (1,2)....

PKJ : Tell me something abt ur course (I Did BIS..4 yr course.... not every1 knows abt it)
ME : blah blah
PKJ : Y iitd...
me gyan
PKJ : what is Market Cap
PKJ : how is sensex index calculated
S : diff b/w Rural Mktng and Agricultural Marketing
S Diff bw Economic growth and economic develeopement
1 Tell abt Software Sector... growth ,figures
2 Tell abt Broadband, Value Added Services
S Y is the agricultural sector not growing at a high rate..
2 What can be done to improve Agricultural Output..
1 Y is the S/w sector booming in india
PKJ Asked abt my job responsibilities and Job profile...and then said Tata, bye bye

Can remember only that now...
Met Some Pg'ites.. Phi_davinci,Ocean_blues,Android etc...

Overall a gud exp... lets see wat happens on 30th March now....

Cheers__________________