Distance Learning PGDBM...

6 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
Is it a good idea..?? Is it a good idea if its from NM? Esp for ppl with time constarints..???
Page 1 of 1
Hi Rohittela,

I know that this is a very old post, still am expecting a reply. The info that you have provided us with is very comprehensive and self explanatory but still if you could lay more emphasis on SCDL's distance learning program (PGDBM) in all respects, as I am considering that program.

Thanks in advance.

You have replied to 3 year old thread. Avoid reviving old dead threads.
Refer
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/prep-resources/4846-scdl-online-assignment.html

or

old thread:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/is-course-material-of-pgdba-in-scdl-is-inferior-to-that-of-icfai-25017601
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hi Rohittela,

I know that this is a very old post, still am expecting a reply. The info that you have provided us with is very comprehensive and self explanatory but still if you could lay more emphasis on SCDL's distance learning program (PGDBM) in all respects, as I am considering that program.

Thanks in advance.

Well its gud to b an optimist but i dont think u vud get a reply ova here..plz search the appropriate thread thru search option nd post your query ova dre,
PG Underdogs Team 09||MDI Gurgaon Class of 2014||Corporate Communication Cell

Hi Rohittela,

Thanks in advance.

Hello Guys,
So after undergoing a lot of confusion and trauma regarding which distance learning course to join, I have finalised on taking up the 2-year PGDBM from NMIMS distance education. There were various reasons for it:

1.) NMIMS is a very good brand name
2.) The fees for the whole program would come close to 30K (fairly cheap)
3.) They are planning to come up with a 1-year course which can be done after completing a 2-year PGDBM, and after successful completion they will award an MBA degree (This thing is however yet in the pipeline..so let it be)
4.) It is approved by the Distance Education Council (DEC). For more info check: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...how/408551.cms
5.) Admission through NMAT (Rs.1100), so better quality of students (hopefully ;-))

Whats not so attractive about NMIMS:
1.) More theoratical course-content.
2.) Study Centres only in Maharashtra.

Why I did not choose ICFAI Flexible Education MBA:

1.) The MAIN thing was the Legal issues and speculations (about its status revocation) with the only other course I was thinking of. (Especially with me being a Maharashtra Candidate..). I have written to them seeking more clarification, but yet to get a reply. Students are advised to read their disclosure properly (at http://www.icfai.org/icfe/) before taking any steps.

2.) Very expensive. In installment mode, without the coaching classes, the course would set you back by a handsome 80K (68.5 K fees+ 8K for Exams (group C onwards) + 4K for E-Learning package (group C onwards) + 1K (Icfai Alumni) + 1.5K per year after first two years.)

Whats good about ICFAI Flexible Education MBA:

1.) A very decent course content.
2.) Exams centres spread across India.
3.) E-Learning packages.
4.) Placement Assistance (Incase...), but at a price (Rs.4.5K)

What about SCDL?:

Check out the course contents of NM and SCDL at their respective websites and and www.scdl.net . Check out how they will map to your profile. They can be of help if you have workexperience and are not looking very much for placements after the course is over. Comparatively, I found NM to be better than SCDL. I have already addressed the issues with ICFAI in my earlier post.

But you are late for NM this spring. They have another round of admission in nov-dec.

SCDL has:
1.) Simple course content (Do read the thread at www.nmimsonline.org and www.scdl.net . Check out how they will map to your profile. They can be of help if you have workexperience and are not looking very much for placements after the course is over. Comparatively, I found NM to be better than SCDL. I have already addressed the issues with ICFAI in my earlier post.

But you are late for NM this spring. They have another round of admission in nov-dec.

SCDL has:
1.) Simple course content (Do read the thread at [url=http://in.rediff.com/getahead/2006/may/30msg.htm)
2.) Fully objective-online examinations.
3.) Very cheap at Rs.25K for two years (to be paid in installments ;-))
4.) Recognized by DEC, Delhi.
5.) The Symbi brand name, ofcourse.
6.) No Entrance. But still need to purchase the prospecuts for RS.900
7.) Option to choose specialization even later in the course, unlike NM.

It could be a good course in the Distance Learning domain.

Please check out the thread at http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/learning-from-a-distance-25016346

So after consciously evaluating the above I have decided this. Do post your queries/suggestions if any.

Regards,
Rohit.

Give us more info buddy............ tell us more about course............. tell us what time constarints you face............. tell us about your profile............ tell us why do u wanna do the PGDBM.............. is it for degree ............. for knowledge............ or for adding value to your profile which can help you at your job............. then we will comment and give you advise.

regards
lokesh

Is it a good idea..?? Is it a good idea if its from NM? Esp for ppl with time constarints..???