Discussion on finance concepts/problems for people interested in finance

336 Posts  ·  159 Users
About this group
Surprising to say, but from what I've seen, I feel there isn't any thread on this forum where Finance concepts/CFA questions are discussed. Hence, I propose to start a thread where all CFA/finance enthusiasts would actively discuss questions/conce...
Page 1 of 34

Please continue here http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/why-finance-25068219

Above is a thread dedicated for finance where b-schools students are also active in helping each other as well as fellow puys wrt queries related to finance concepts/career etc.

Content of this thread is safe and link of this thread is added in opening post of above thread for future reference.

Regards
Varun

** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **
5 likes
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Can anyone please explain me the concept of Development banking ?

I came across the below mentioned question but i have no clue about it.
How far has the "Development Banking" policy of India achieved its objectives ?

can anybody provide me the free ebook of "INDIAN ECONOMY - MISHRA & PURI"
plzzzzz help

Hi I am MBA (finance-distance education), B.com/M.com. I m highly interested in equity research/portfolio managemnt/financial planing/econoy research. Should i go for CFA or a regular MBA from top B-school like ISB-H'bad or from overseas universities or Financial Engineering or something other than that? How will b the combination of CFA+SAP(fi/co) ? Pls guide me.

I need some resources on Dunkel Draft
It would help a lot if one can provide some articles on
Dunkel Draft and its impact on Indian Economy

abhimukh19 Says
if its not exchange traded in the secondary market , how can the price fluctuate

An example ...after the Coal India IPO... people were selling the stocks the day after they got them? so is it that there was no lock in??

ps - sir obviously secondary market pe trade hua hoga..thats y i asked ki if lock in hai how were they being traded
Per aspera ad astra !!!
Another stupid question

regarding IPOs this time..

Each IPO has a lock in period for shares where the shares cant be sold after issue. So what about the fluctuation in share prices till the lock in period? How does that occur?

Is is that only insiders have a lock in period?

if its not exchange traded in the secondary market , how can the price fluctuate
IMI PGDM 2010-12 | CAT 2009- 95.15 

Another stupid question

regarding IPOs this time..

Each IPO has a lock in period for shares where the shares cant be sold after issue. So what about the fluctuation in share prices till the lock in period? How does that occur?

Is is that only insiders have a lock in period?

Per aspera ad astra !!!
ankur123xyz Says
So on maturity will i get the face value or the current value of the bond?

I think this will help you with your query :)

Bond (finance) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Market Value of a bond depends on the future coupon or interest payments one will receive + plus the capital gain or loss that you get on redemption ,redemption value can be higher or lower than the face value

How are these calculations done , well suppose you buy a bond today at face value of 100

and now have the right to receive interest payments semi-annually at 10% , now supposedly the interest rates are increased beyond 10% to may be 12% by the government , then your bond price will now be traded below PAR or face value as u have a fixed interest clause 😃 , so your future interest payments will be discounted at 12% which is the current market rate of return , longer is the tenure of the bond , higher will be the impact both positively or negatively incase the interest rates fall , then your bond price will trade at a higher price
IMI PGDM 2010-12 | CAT 2009- 95.15 
Well Typically Bonds are not issued at face value rather discounted at face value and are redeemed at PAR

And there is considerable difference in the purpose of issuing a bond , whether its corporate or government securities , its a form of debt , which is taken from investors , so a promissory note is provided regarding regular coupon payments or interest payments :)

So on maturity will i get the face value or the current value of the bond?
Per aspera ad astra !!!