Discussion on 1 year MBA and comparison of schools on various factors

114 Posts  ·  178 Users
About this group
I am creating this thread to have an open discussion on the pros and cons of 1 year MBA in India. Also helpful would be the inputs of alumni and current students of various B schools pursuing 1 year MBA. The goods and improvement areas of various ...
Page 1 of 12

Hello Everyone,

I got 640 in gmat and now applying to IIM I, L, XLRI and SP Jain Mumbai as my score is too low for A,B & C. Can you guys pls rank the above mentioned B-Schools for 1 year mba. 

I have 6years of exp in marketing(Brand mgmt) after pursuing 2year mba from b-grade school in delhi. My current designation is Asst. Marketing Mgr. Would you guys suggest that whether above mentioned colleges are good or should I improve my score and apply only to IIM A, B, C or ISB? Please clear out my confusion...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thank you guys for your contribution on this page, both for sharing and absorbing the information. I have got through IIM-B and ISB for next year session and is finally going for IIM-B after brainstorming sessions with currents students and alums apart from my gut feeling. This is not to say that IIM-B is superior to ISB but a personal choice based on my profile.

Please continue with your discussions and wish everyone a good luck!

-----------Kanika
Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
29 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 29
vgurukool
@vgurukool  ·  2 karma

Congrats Vipin, Can u pls share ur profile. And if possible interview transcripts

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
rafaelnadal
@rafaelnadal  ·  0 karma

@mission_isb2013 

congrats Vipin. Same query as above ^^

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,

I am selling used GMAT books. Books available :-

The Official Guide GMAT 13 ed ( with CD)---------- Rs 800

Princeton-Cracking the GMAT 2011 5 ed-------------- -Rs 200

Princeton-Cracking the GMAT 2008 5 ed------------- -Rs 100

and On buying above books 

Kaplan - GMAT 800 8 ed (copy)--------------------------- -Free

Powerscore- Critical Reasoning Bible---------------------Free

Manhattan- No Properties 5 ed (copy)--------------------Free

- Sentence correction 5 ed--------------------Free

Also access to the3 manhattan CAT test and online practice material.

PM me only if interested in buying top 3 books

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Puys we have a new thread for the XLRI PGDM(GM) session 2015-16. For any further queries please post there. Here is the link

http://www.pagalguy.com/gmat/xlri-pgdmgm-2015-16-official-page-29040376

ATB

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Does anyone have any info about ESMT Berlin? From what I have read on its website, it seems good enough but still want to learn more about the institute.

Any info apart from the facts given at their website?
Also, if anyone knows someone who has been there, any alumni, please forward the contact to me?
I want to clear few doubts about the institute.

Thanks.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks! 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

More than 3 years of work experience is required for this program. Why don't you go through this link for more information: http://www.spjain.org/gmba/index.aspx

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@robin21

@superniki

It is called Global MBA.

Thanks. Can you tell me what is the minimum work experience required for applying for this course?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@superniki

I have heard that S P Jain School of global management also has a one year MBA program. Can someone tell me what the name of the course is?

@superniki

It is called Global MBA.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have heard that S P Jain School of global management also has a one year MBA program. Can someone tell me what the name of the course is?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...