Discussion about IIT JEE changes

125 Posts  ·  129 Users
About this group
hello friends , this is my 1st post on public view. Lets discuss whether decision of changes taken in iitjee exams are right or not. First of all i want to aquaint u all with the changes . 1. Candidates appearing in (10+2) or equiva...
Page 1 of 13
eeestudent Says
should iim have also 2 attemts only ?:whatthat:

Mr. eeestudent, Next time i see you bumping any thread up with a one-liner, you are going to be banned for a month upfront !!! I guess we've made it immensely clear on how one-liners, after einstein, have rarely, if ever added any value to a discussion.....If you have something to contribute other then one-liners, then collate 'em and post...Else, read and move on !!!
|| Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity ||
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
anandv
@anandv  ·  2,055 karma
u r just a kid now eee......., concentrate of ur first yr courses.......abhi se kyon billi ke peeche pad gaye ho ........tumhare hasne khelne ki umar hai........study a bit......hang out in canteens..........exchange a few furtive glances.....then hear the song ' pehla nasha pehla khumar' a dozen times........
uff ye aajkal ke bachhe...........kuch bhi poochte rehte hain!!!

In case we've annual PG awards
..This post will win hands down as the most sarcastic post
desperado. Says
Off topic but, one strange thing i noticed, you are 22 and still in first year. Probably something has not been updated of late:)

good observation........or may be he is still in the first year.......and thankfully there is no restriction on the no of attempts needed to clear the courses in his college?!

so a querry similar to his will go like - shud every college allow just 2 attempts to clear the first year?!
eeestudent Says
Off topic but, one strange thing i noticed, you are 22 and still in first year. Probably something has not been updated of late:)

just wanted to share an article i came across.......its written by mr Sandipan Deb, editor in chief of Outlook and an alumnus of IIT Kgp.Don't know whether its relevant here, but its well written for sure....and probably sums up the points mentioned for and against the 'IITian'......and this is probably how one should present a point - u shud bcum an observer...u shud go outside the system and analyse it .........and ofcourse some humour is always welcum!!! (its a long article....i expect the mods to be lenient abt this liberal use of space!)
==============================================================================================================================
Contrary to popular belief, the vast majority of IITians do nothing of

note in their lives. Indeed, many of them became IITians because their
parents told them thats what they should mug their butts off for, and aim
to hit the US of A, so that?s what they did. They attended classes, took
notes, passed exams, took the gre, applied to a dozen American
universities, and disappeared into that country?s vast technological underbelly, to
reappear only in the matrimonial columns of Indian papers with a dollar
salary multiplied diligently by the day?s exchange rate. Or they stayed in India, working at unexceptionable jobs, doing reasonably
well. In either case, they got beautiful brides (often from rich families)
and presumably lived happily ever after, meeting classmates once a month
and chatting about their IIT days, and how Hippo has just changed jobs, and
Zap is three rungs away from the top in Cisco Systems. Each of them had
intelligence well above the average, and most,
exceptional academic
tenacity.

A decade and a half out of IIT, I wonder how many of us
IITians achieved our potential? How many went to seed in remote dusty
townships, tending massive pipelines and drinking in the township club?
How many willfully walked away from their natural talents in favour of safe MNC
jobs selling diapers and hire-purchase schemes? How many, trained to think
rationally and without bias, never managed to figure out the nuances of
Indian office politics, and were relegated to obscure corridors in huge
buildings? How many, obsessed with the American dream, settled for
second-rate US universities, hung in for a green card, and today work at
unfulfilling jobs in Idaho?

Theres another angle too to this. How many IITians,
determined to stay engineers and in India, ignored the siren songs of the
USA and the IIMs, and joined Indian industry, only to find that all the
technical designs came from abroad, that you couldn?t change them even if
you knew they were flawed, that all the engineering you got to do was
maintenance, and knowing all that, they either settled into mediocrity, or
went off to the US or the iims?

What was my IIT education all about? It was about IITians:
400 academically exceptional boys (and 12 girls) on a campus, which, in
the case of Kharagpur, where I went, was far enough from civilisation to have
very interesting effects on our coming of age. Many of us were truly
extraordinary. There were boys from village schools who were leagues ahead in knowledge of the urban convent-educated type. There were those who mugged night and
day, or simpered at professors from first benches, and there were those who also
had a vibrant and busy life outside academics. I've found that the latter did
better in life, even in fields like pure research. I also had friends who
never needed to study, they had been apparently born with engineering
wisdom in their genes. There were guys who spent most of the semester in a drug haze, but sobered up a few daysbefore the exams, cracked them,and went back to their pharmaceuticals. Others did not have such control. Like Allen Ginsberg, I too saw some of the bestminds of my generation destroyed by madness. A few dropped out (I met one ofthem years later in Shillong, a stridently devout convert to Catholicism, and a lowly
government clerk, but he seemed happy), a few killed themselves. But, most of us
survived. I suppose we became tougher, more mature, more knowing, and more aware of our dark sides.

We lived and ate together, and shared our joys and
heartbreaks and good times and bad times, in competition and camaraderie.
We compared our philosophies and, bit by stumbling bit, developed our value
systems. Never were stronger bonds forged between young people. Years from
now, if I meet an IIT wingmate on the road, I know we will carry on as if nothing had
changed, and nothing actually would have. A couple of years ago, there was
a small visual trick on an Outlook cover, which was my idea. A close IIT friend,

whom I had notbeen in touch with for years, called up from Singapore: "Some other
name is mentioned in the cover credits, but it was your idea, right? I know the
way you think." No one knows me better than these mates of mine from IIT.

IIT was also a whole insular world in itself, complex and
complete, and it sucked us in. As The Chosen, we lived a full life
with no necessity of any contact with the outside world. Totally cut
off from politics and "the bigger issues", our delights remained in
competing fiercely on the field or the stage with other hostels or other colleges.

There were few material pleasures. Lifestyles were spartan, the
food abysmal. The vast majority of males were totally deprived of
female company. The girls lived a strange life-on the one
hand, they were hounded by dozens of would-be suitors; on the other,
they faced the petulant hostility of the majority which saw them as

undeserving of so much adulation and so many free lunches.

When we graduated, we went out into the world with a
rare confidence and strong tribal loyalties. The confidence eroded a
bit over the years, and we learnt some humility when we discovered
non-IITians as smart as we were, and also people who could outwit us
because they were intelligent in a different way-in a sly political way

-an acumen we had not developed in our isolated environment which, above all, inculcated a sense of fairness and a respect for ability. We came to terms with a world that compared poorly with our beloved campus, and some of us even went ahead and conquered it. Others didn?t do well, but knew that the ties between them and the masters-of-the-universe classmates would never change. They were ties born of the pride of being an
IITian. That pride would never diminish. It never can.

eeestudent Says

u r just a kid now eee......., concentrate of ur first yr courses.......abhi se kyon billi ke peeche pad gaye ho ........tumhare hasne khelne ki umar hai........study a bit......hang out in canteens..........exchange a few furtive glances.....then hear the song ' pehla nasha pehla khumar' a dozen times........
uff ye aajkal ke bachhe...........kuch bhi poochte rehte hain!!!

eeestudent Says
yeah ui r rt. cat is a stu[pid exaam and lopsided in favour of b.techs due to quanta section where commerce guys just get busted and btechs make merry. i mean it ridiculous to see top notch ca/icwa not able to mba finance due to the cat structure and instead btechs doin it. lol. its ridiculous. its high time mba finance should be restricted for commerce people and systems for b.techs. getting a rankin CA is a lot harder than a iit degree. just think what will happen if we have accounts or tax in CAT ?

well mate ur wrong for sure.cat isnt a stupid exam neither is it lopsided.well frst ur sayin its lopsided due to quants.well quants if of 10 n 9th level in most cases.well as they say hundread reasons can be given to critisice nethin.secondly even if its biased in some sense then also cat is made to pick the best and individuals who fullfill norms.importance of quants for a manager is not questionable.so its poor judgement on ur part my friend which led to post sucha bad statement.objecting it frm the very core of my heart
sameer
Its mathematically provable that all the posts on PG are totally useless contributions. But it would take a smart mathematician to prove it and a smarter one to understand it... I am neither, so atleast I am having a good time here...

In any case, I am against these kind of stupid changes to the JEE which dont change anything... They might seem to be a big deal... But it doesnt change anything... Its JEE that is one of the most sexiest exams in the world.... CAT is a joke compared to the JEE... And yeah I have said it a few times before that if all those who crack JEE top 2000 write the CAT... hardly anyone else would qualify... Infact all IITians should unite and write the CAT to rub it in the face of the government to show how stupid all of this is...

I still believe that making great independent universities maybe only partially government funded is the only right way and its time actually has already come but knowing India very well it might never happen or might take 50 years...

HaHaHa!!! I believe I will also have the highest word count for someone with 1000 posts... So Yes, I am the stupidest one of them all!!!

I am loving it!

K

yeah ui r rt. cat is a stu[pid exaam and lopsided in favour of b.techs due to quanta section where commerce guys just get busted and btechs make merry. i mean it ridiculous to see top notch ca/icwa not able to mba finance due to the cat structure and instead btechs doin it. lol. its ridiculous. its high time mba finance should be restricted for commerce people and systems for b.techs. getting a rankin CA is a lot harder than a iit degree. just think what will happen if we have accounts or tax in CAT ?

http://www.ait-schools.com/
http://www.americaninst.com/

IITs + IIMs = Mangal Pandey

IITs + IIMs = all branding

Earlier i had thought that you were passionate about your insti and thats why you were trying to promote it on IIT/JEE related threads, but as it turns out, its not the passion thats speaking out, its the inferiority complex thats speaking out. I would love to meet you once you cross over and become a part of the "Indian Institute of" bandwagon. I would then like to see how highly you think of an XL or a SPJ.:)

PS: Site Admin please add a Smily for salute, I feel like saluting someone.

Did u even look into those links before posting my dear Nick. I know u can google but I didn't know u cudn't read. And I have mentioned that the IITs are great brands and thats why they sell. Sweetie since u seem to be infinitely dumb let me put it across more clearly to you. An IIT is a good place no doubt, but what differentiates from other such equally good institutes is the brand. Get it now!!!
Btw your understanding of complexes is rather funny. If u think u r superior to someone it doesn't mean he thinks he is inferior to you, it might just mean u r too stupid to understand the differnece. Ok now again you prove my point about branding when u talk about SpJain and XL, To assume that all IIMs are better than XL would just underline ur obsession with "Indian Institute of *"

Kid , Think it out before posting gibberish (something that u have been good at for sometime now). Give ur ego a little rest and look through points. And try to objective or atleast sensible in ur arguments. Don't take statements out of context to prove some inane point and start attacking the opponent instead of the argument. You have been warned by the mods for quite sometime now. How about growing up a little bit?. And frankly even I'd like to meet you 5 years down the line when ur out of ur IIT and slogging it out elsewhere. Then I'd love to see you talk about lesser mortals who have grown faster.