Dilmma between software and core sector job

5 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
hi everybody ! I am doing my engineering from BITS Ranchi, in Mechanical Engg. Stream. I am faced with a dilemma of choosing between the core sector companies and software companies in placement. I am keen on pursuing an M.S. after getting one y...
Page 1 of 1

Don't make jalebies go str8 and make a mark in the field ur aptitude nd interest lies there r lots of ex. e1 in this forum who r trying to change their dir frm IT to their soul quenchin field ( through mba or ne other way)

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hi ignitedmind, look for core sector jobs. that helps in related MS, preferably from US/european schools. if u are looking at SW sector go for phillips, motorola and similar co.s where they have mechanical design related work for appliances, handsets etc. some very splz co.s are thr in Blr who do mechatronics, robotic design jobs for their clients or US parents. look for them in google.
dont join a do-whatever client tells type SWco. if u are looking at career in mechanical design/mechatronics.

hi everybody !
I am doing my engineering from BITS Ranchi, in Mechanical Engg. Stream. I am faced with a dilemma of choosing between the core sector companies and software companies in placement. I am keen on pursuing an M.S. after getting one year of work ex. bcoz work ex. will prove to be useful in getting financial support from the University and even in seeking employment after M.S.
So, now I am looking at a good placement with a good brand name. The thing is that I wish to pursue my M.S. in Mechatronics, Robotics and related fields like automation.
So I wish to join an organization where I will be doing work related to these fields.
I wanted to know if there are any software firms which undertake projects related to these areas, where I can get good experience under my belt for 1 year. Any among Wipro Satyam Accenture Infy CTS Oracle....? IBM?
Or will it be more prudent to join the manufacturing sector?
Which will be better suited to my needs? It is quite a dilemma for me at the moment and I need to sort things out pretty soon and accordingly start preparing for campus. I know there r a lot of experienced ppl in this forum, who can help me out. Guys, I need your advice on what the best course of action would be.
Any suggestions would be most welcome. Waiting 4 ur replies........
- ignitedmind.

boss if you have already made up ur mind for MS then dont ever think of joining a software firm, it would just mean gap in your study nothing more than that, BTW i am also a mechanical engg 05 passout frm DCE and working in a software firm now, for any further query pm me

Robert Bosch in INdia surely deals with the field in which you are interested & is a software company!

Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
hi everybody !
I am doing my engineering from BITS Ranchi, in Mechanical Engg. Stream. I am faced with a dilemma of choosing between the core sector companies and software companies in placement. I am keen on pursuing an M.S. after getting one year of work ex. bcoz work ex. will prove to be useful in getting financial support from the University and even in seeking employment after M.S.
So, now I am looking at a good placement with a good brand name. The thing is that I wish to pursue my M.S. in Mechatronics, Robotics and related fields like automation.
So I wish to join an organization where I will be doing work related to these fields.
I wanted to know if there are any software firms which undertake projects related to these areas, where I can get good experience under my belt for 1 year. Any among Wipro Satyam Accenture Infy CTS Oracle....? IBM?
Or will it be more prudent to join the manufacturing sector?
Which will be better suited to my needs? It is quite a dilemma for me at the moment and I need to sort things out pretty soon and accordingly start preparing for campus. I know there r a lot of experienced ppl in this forum, who can help me out. Guys, I need your advice on what the best course of action would be.
Any suggestions would be most welcome. Waiting 4 ur replies........
- ignitedmind.