Difference in the placement process for MBAs in India and abroad

5 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
I am perplexed in the difference in the placement process for MBAs in India and abroad. In India in most of the institutions IIMs. ISB or second or third tier, hundreds of MBAs are placed in a week or maximum 10 days. But in USA and Europe the MBA...
Page 1 of 1

As far as i know in abroad coll provide assistance for placements..companies come to our campus can we have to use our talent to get the job..in india college will be having a tie-up with the company for placements..my personal oppinion would be its better that we find our job by using our talent rather from B-school tie ups

JCU Singapore 2012 - 2013
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Also what you have done in your UG degree matters a lot

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

its totally depend on your talent also how you are expert in your field if you have done MBA in India from IIM it give good values.

[url=http://www.acharyabbs.ac.in/programs-management.html/]Best MBA College[/url]
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

My perception of the scenario:
------------------------------------
Based on my experience of working in US and CAN, the recruiting process is different between North America and India. In NA, there are several rounds of interviews before a candidate is admitted and this process spans across multiple days. Some of the MNCs in India still follow the process. Eg Yahoo, Microsoft.

Another factor to look into is the work experience of the class. IIMs have much younger profile than the N American B schools. So, the position IIM grads get into would most certainly be a jr position to that of NA grads. ISB class profile is certainly on par with most overseas bschools. I am not sure of its recruiting process.
May be someone familiar with its process can explain the situation.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am perplexed in the difference in the placement process for MBAs in India and abroad. In India in most of the institutions IIMs. ISB or second or third tier, hundreds of MBAs are placed in a week or maximum 10 days. But in USA and Europe the MBAs are not placed in a day. There is first shortlisting and another one or more rounds before selection. Why such a difference when the same type of companies visit the campuses. Does it mean Indian MBAs are better than foreign MBAs or whether the role offered to Indian MBAS are different to that offered to foreign MBAs. Can anybody illuminate on this point?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...