Difference Between PGDM amd MBA

5 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
All those who can tell me the EXACT difference between a PGDM and MBA please help me: 1\. Can a person with PGDM apply to National Eligiblity Test (for research/teaching) ? Is it necessary to have a AIU recognition of the PGDM for that? 2...
Page 1 of 1

Thank you for your inputs! Really helped

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,Your profile looks really impressive. There is a basic difference between PGDM and an MBA. PGDM is generally offered by autonomous colleges as they are not authorized to give a 'degree'. It is a diploma course. Colleges which offer PGDM must be accredited with the AICTE only then does it add value. SPJIMR has that credibility and accreditation. An MBA is a masters 'degree' which can be granted only by a university. A PGP is a certificate programme. If in the future you want to do a doctorate you wont be able to do that with just a certificate programme. If you want to settle in India in the future then SPJIMR is a better option. S P Jain Global gives you an Australian degree which is accredited by TEQSA. The similarity between SPJIMR and SP Jain global apart from their names are that both the Indian education system and Australian education system is loosely based on the British education system.. So according to me, if you are looking for studying abroad then go for S P Jain global and if you are looking to study in India you can go ahead with SPJIMR. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

A PGDM d an MBA have a lot in common. It is just that a PGDM is more flexible than an MBA as the curriculum is always updated as to the latest trends. However while opting for a PGDM course it needs to be accredited by AICTE. Also on the downfall a PGDM may not be recognized all over the world but a degree would. With your profile I don't think getting in any of the above colleges that you mentioned would be difficult. You just need to do well in your entrances.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have been working in the IT field for the past 5 years now as a senior developer. I was hoping to get some advice here. I want to pursue an MBA to improve my career graph. I was looking at SPJIMR's PGDM programme which is really impressive. Also was taking ISB and S P Jain Global into consideration. ISB is giving a PGP and SP Jain Global is offering an 'MBA' degree. Which is a better course for my profile? Is there any difference between PGDM/PGP/MBA?   Below is my profile.   Kindly give your inputs: Qualifications: Degree: Btech (Computer Science) - 75.7%  12th std - 87.3% Work Experience: 5 years in the IT field ,Worked for 3 years as a support engineer, Worked for 2 years as a senior develope.Professional Achievements: Won the most performing new member award Project Leader Extra Curricular Activities: National Level Swimmer Student Body Treasurer Participated in many inter college activities and cultural activities.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
All those who can tell me the EXACT difference between a PGDM and MBA please help me:
1. Can a person with PGDM apply to National Eligiblity Test (for research/teaching) ?
Is it necessary to have a AIU recognition of the PGDM for that?

2. Is is true that the government hire only the MBA degree holders and not PGDM if these is any such vacancy?

Those who have the correct knowledge please reply me because i have to clear this out before choosing the colleges i have got selected in.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...