Diff Options in Oracle

4 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
I've decided to go in for an oracle certification course... since i am from chennai,i've tried 2 places, SQL Star n STG... SQL Star didnt suit my timings n STG pretty much suits my comfort(i am looking to finish the course n take up the exam by au...
Page 1 of 1

whoa!!! come on guys.. i seriously need some help.......pleaseeeeeeeee devote some of ur precious time for me...

thanx in advance!!

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hmm... yeah... i am a fresher n learning oracle is my main objective... since i was anyway going to learn oracle i thought i might as well go in for international certification n STG doesnt "guarantee" jobs but merely gives assistance.. i am willing to go on a hunt too..

If u r a fresher, it would be better to pursue the Oracle Developer track. Morevoer, dont believe companies that 'guarantee' placements. Simply put, dont join the course for the placement opportunities the company claims they provide. Join if u r ready to go for the job search yourself. (And yeah you can learn Oracle, which is your first objective).

Best Wishes
Pradeep 😃

I've decided to go in for an oracle certification course... since i am from chennai,i've tried 2 places, SQL Star n STG... SQL Star didnt suit my timings n STG pretty much suits my comfort(i am looking to finish the course n take up the exam by aug 1st week).. I was given 2 streams to choose from...

1. Oracle Developer ...................... Rs. 18000/-
2.Oracle Database Administrator...... Rs. 23000/-

Can you guys please tell me what does one exactly do in each module that is different from the other, which is better in terms of job opportunities.... are there any other places i can try???

The deal i got from STG is that i get books/course material given by Oracle n the certificate too is from Oracle Inc. I'd like to take up this course for 2 things..

1. I have an offer for pursuing MS in University of Minnesota Twin Cities.... though i have taken up electrical engg(EDA&CAD; of VLSI) the university is also famous for its research in datamining too.... quite a few companies around Minneapolis give opportunity for people to serve as interns in summers.. I am looking at this course n certi to help me (both in terms of rendering knowledge as well as some backing) while applying for RA in other depts(that req database management within the univ) as well as internships,as aid for electrical engineering seems minimal at the masters level...Oracle Inc themselves have a facility in minneapolis...

2. I dont have a job... am basically looking at gaining sufficient knowledge that will help me while job hunting if at all something goes wrong in the Visa Interview....STG claim to be helping their students in finding jobs too n they say openings are more for the developers track of Oracle...

So thats basically it... lots of confusion... help me out or correct me if i have mistaken anything...

A Confused Soul

The God...